It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cheney betting On Economic Collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Is Cheney betting On Economic Collapse?

www.rense.com

Cheney has dumped another (estimated) $10 to $25 million in a European bond fund which tells us that he is counting on a steadily weakening dollar. So, while working class Americans are loosing ground to inflation and rising energy costs, Darth Cheney will be enhancing his wealth in "Old Europe". As Blackburn sagely notes, "Not all 'bad news' is bad for everybody."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For me these are real signs, if its true, of "inside knowledge" from how this recession will continue.

In our country just before "floating" currency, many corporation leaders and politicians were accused from same activity.

I see no light in the tunnel, before US stop their war in Middle East, and stops their huge spending to its military complex.

Can another war save the finance? If Iraq doesnt do that, I believe that it cant. Crisis with China can shut money coming to US from there, and its not just CIA witch is active in Tibet, I see that MI-6 are driving the situation forward too.

I see no end with problems in US foreign policy now. Pakistan, Russia, China, and Iraq-Iran stays as great problems, and arm races, and wars will continue.

I see that North Korea will come back to MSM soon, and one of the main concerns, and protecting South Korea, and also Israel and Taiwan will eat huge counts of USD in coming months, and years. Where do this end? Is collapse of great imperium near?

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Can't this be considered to be a form of treason? Unbelievable...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

No, buying foreign bonds is not a treasonous act and is quite common among investors. It may be considered treasonous if you were to purchase bonds from a country you are at war with, but that is just a guess.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
wtf i thought by law the president and vice presidents monies were putinto a private trust till end of office term to keep them from using there power
to manipulate stuff to increase there wealth. if he is dumping money into europe can't they bring him up on ethic charges.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

If he was involved in organizing events that would lead to the collapse of the American economy then yes it would probably be considered treasonous, again I'm not a expert but it seems like a reasonable assumption.

How he chooses to handle his personal assets is his own choice. As I said before buying foreign bonds is totally legal with the possible exception I mentioned before. If he was using his personal assets to purchase or fund illegal goods or services then it would be criminal or treasonous depending on on what it was he was purchasing.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by deadboi]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That story is based upon an article written in May of 2006.

www.kiplinger.com...

Are Dick Cheney's Money Managers Betting on Bad News?
A look at the President and Vice President's financial disclosure forms.
By Steven Goldberg
May 17, 2006

Now had it been a byline from 2008 I might be more...ahem...easily led to believe that there was/is an impending collapse.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deadboi

Our politicians gets accusations, but none of those did ever seen the court because their condemned acts. So, probably its legal.

But does that go with ethics? Isnt that so easy to condemn as miss trust to their own works? I say, yes. In public office you should put that to aspect as well... But does Cheney has that human voice inside of him, what we call conscience? I doubt about that.

After seen that first Iraqi children molested, brutally raped and killed, after been bombed and kidnapped, I would call my all boys out to training camps. But he didnt do that. He still sleep his nights well, and he still not ask their forgiveness from his innocent victims.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Wasnt that the time, and dollar/euro was still something like 1,25 and now its 1,60? I see a good profit % ... Year or two is a short period in own political programs.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[Cheney says] You all need to spend money in the USA to save our economy.
[Cheney does] Send 25+ more million of our money to another country

How about spending some of that money in OUR economy to help OUR people . Not sending it off to never be seen again . And people wonder why our economy sucks...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Honest question: how do you take a so-called news source seriously when their own reporting refers to the Vice President as "Darth Cheney" and fails to mention the story is two years old?

Most importantly, the story is about what his hired, investment people are doing with his assests……which is blinded to the Vice President, while he serves as VP!

You do realize the VP is completely blinded to what his investment managers may, or may not be doing? It's specifically set up this way for him (and the President as well). You do realize his investment managers, just as if you hired them, are charged with protecting his assets and growing his wealth?

There is nothing wrong with that, nor illegal, nor sinister.

I guess the question might be, do you care about the facts of the matter and context? Or, will a general hatred of the Vice President do?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

Wasnt that the time, and dollar/euro was still something like 1,25 and now its 1,60? I see a good profit % ... Year or two is a short period in own political programs.

I agree that it isn't a long time, however this is not "Breaking" news. It's two years old, and if Rense is just reporting on it, then they're way behind the times, and doing what they can to create more distrust and panic. JMO

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Betting on" economic collapse?

Don't you mean "engineering" economic collapse?

The GOP faithful can see the writing on the wall, they're going down in November.
People are sick of the scummy politics of Hannity, Limbaugh, and Coulter.
People are sick of being mired in a war that does nothing for their security.
People are sick of anyone questioning their .gov's' power grabs being labeled as a "traitor" or "terrorist sympathizer."

So Cheney et al figure if they're going to lose to a Democrat, they are going to do everything they can to make sure things are as screwed up as possible by the time they leave office. They'll have no problem sabotaging the entire country to screw the Democrats.

That's what you get when you elect people who put ideology and private gain before the well-being of the country.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
But does that go with ethics? Isnt that so easy to condemn as miss trust to their own works? I say, yes. In public office you should put that to aspect as well... But does Cheney has that human voice inside of him, what we call conscience? I doubt about that.

I do not disagrees that Cheney is a shady character. But any good investor or farmer knows you do not put all your eggs in one basket.

Vice President Cheney disclosed a portfolio worth as much as $94.6 million in 2005.
Washington Post

Having a portion of that in a foreign currency is not unethical, it's good practice.

After seen that first Iraqi children molested, brutally raped and killed, after been bombed and kidnapped, I would call my all boys out to training camps. But he didnt do that. He still sleep his nights well, and he still not ask their forgiveness from his innocent victims.

This is both argumentum ad misericordiam and ignoratio elenchi, therefore I have no comment.

To both kelbtalfenek and SlightlyAbovePar:
Good catch on the age of the story and their unprofessionalism.

reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar
I was unaware of the President and VP being blinded to their finances during their term, but it makes good sense.

Your absolutely right, his financial managers are first and foremost responsible for protecting his assets and growing his wealth. If that includes buying European bonds, which have been the big talk the last couple years, then that's where his money is going to go.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by deadboi]

new topics

top topics

join