It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[question] Internet is preventing telepathy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ok, bare with me here, im not crazy, i think. A thought is jumping inside of me beggging to get out, so here goes.

Is the internet keeping the population of this world of developing mental skills like telepathy and alternative ways of communicating/gathering knowledge? I mean, internet is a awesome way to communicate with the rest of the world and if the worst conspiracies of the world are true then the men behind the scenes want the people of the world stupid and devoid of knowledge about the way the world works.

With this in mind it would be a stupid idea to let something like this fall in to the hands of the plebs even with all the disinfo in place everybody with a critical mind can get the info he wants out of the net. Dangerous thing i'd think.

But what if the alternative would be us developing the foresaid mental capacities because of the (subconscious) hunger at being connected and getting more knowledge. So the PTB saw it coming, and the only way of preventing this was to get a digital way to do excactly the same only in a controllable manner, damage control so to speak. You know what is going around the net for dunno how long that everything but the kitchensink will be enlightening like a psychic lightbulb around and before 2012 ( there it is again!
) But even without that date in mind, am i talking out of my backside here or is there any merrit to my question?

I'm not posting any evidence because i only have a hunch, just asking if there is anything to back this one up and i will do my own google-research (
) to see if i can back it up.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Harman]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Technology does try to replace spiritual abilities we´ve lost. Google replaces the akasha chronicles from which we could derive all information. Email and Cellphones replace telepathy. Cars and Planes replace teleportation. But someday we´ll get our balance back for sure

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ok, good to know i have at least one bystander in this one. But has it been implemented to prevent the spiritual alternative from blossoming or just through our collective yearning to not have the feeling of abandonment in mind or body?
And i'm not really uncertain about how the future will look btw, how it will get to pass is another story but hey, what's an ocean without waves?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Maybe these spiritual abilities that we lost were nothing more then some sort of WiFi Internet. And Akasha translates as Wiki?

Then servers fell with the civilization, and our bio-chips are no longer usable. "Unable to connect" thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Theres some company that has developed a game to simulate telekinesis. You wear something on your head and you can pick up objects with your mind. Pretty cool, but it kinda scares me just the same. I dont like linking my brain to a computer, not the way this society is anyway.

I'm not concerned though.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
BTW, just to add to the brainfart: If you look at www.abovetopsecret.com... for example, it is a reason to avoid the unnatural alternative of telepathy. If and when some way of commicating is comprimised the masses will consciously or unconsciously find another way and when criticall mass has been reached The Hundredth Monkey phenomenon will kick in and everybody will be able to acces it.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
On the contrary, we are bio-electric machines, using the internet, sitting in the electromagnetic fields generated by our computers and monitors - I would have thought that the internet could enhance such things as a conduit of collective conciousness.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
To be short and sweet-yes. The use of these products and their consumption is tied to diminishing abilities.

And here I am consuming, being one who knows the harm.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think so too. I was discussing this a while ago and I see spiritual awarness as just plain evolution. I mean... say some fish a million years ago were collectively thinking about turning red... well, with enough energy, and enough time, it could manifest. Telekinesis or anything like that in my opinion is the same as just basic manifestation / power of attraction.. its just using the necessary skill and energy to make it happen SOONER.

Some people are born with a little more awareness then others and my explanation for this... say in thier past life they were like..a hunter or something, they lived in the forest. After enough time they have heightened physical senses, and we're conciously thinking that we need more then our current body can provide.. so it adapts, it manifests through intention... and so new "senses" or a different kind of awareness seems to develope.

"Nature finds a way" Just like how a dog can sense its owner from 5 miles away..driving down the highway.. a human can do the same.

If we were cut off from each other, it could be a while, but we'd find a way to communicate, if only subconciously... like we might decide to take a path left instead of right..and it turns out there were people to the left.

By cutting our communication, making it harder for us.. it only provides us with another means to. Survival depends on it.

If they wanted to prevent this evolution, they should make it increasingly easier for us to communicate with technology.

You could argue that talking on the internet, it takes away a lot of communication... body language..understanding the intent behind the words... but I think it also strengthens intuition..because it always leaves us GUESSING what everyone is thinking.. And personalities resonate through typed words in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
On the contrary, we are bio-electric machines, using the internet, sitting in the electromagnetic fields generated by our computers and monitors - I would have thought that the internet could enhance such things as a conduit of collective conciousness.

Yeah at this point who really knows, but its always a possibility.

I think whatever we do, no matter what.. we are always moving forward... by making it difficult for ourselves.. it causes resistance, but just gives us more reason to adapt, more opportunities to learn and improve.

Thats why in my opinion theres nothing "bad" per say... or rather counter-productive. We learn from everything, conciously, sub-conciously, super-conciously.

I am really interested to know what affects electromagnetic fields have on the body/energy of a person, down to the sub-atomic.

We and my room-mate were joking about sleeping on a bed of magnets. I still wanna try it, ha.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Ok, good to know i have at least one bystander in this one. But has it been implemented to prevent the spiritual alternative from blossoming or just through our collective yearning to not have the feeling of abandonment in mind or body?

Answer: I dont have a clue.

But I think you´re question is good enough to remove the brainfart-title of the thread and thereby upgrade the discussion

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
IMO- the internet promotes the exchange of many different ideas- which takes away from the ideas which THEY do not want us to think about because it could (and often does) lead to independent thought- which eventually becomes thinking for ourselves. This makes spin very difficult as it breaks hypnosis.

6th sense capabilities cannot be manipulated or controlled by an outside entity- group or otherwise. It can however be, exploited- then exploitation can be manipulated and controlled.

Any 6th sense capability at a threat level is only a threat when used by an independently thinking soul/person as it is self contained and its origin is of its bearers natural state. This cannot be breached unless the bearer believes they are another person's interpretation of this state and therefore in this acceptance- they are no longer operating as natural and natures laws no longer apply. They are now officially a side-show freak with a previous history of power that is now in the hands of someone else for whatever purpose.

The internet cannot prevent anything of a natural origin- but someone who truly believes it can will create a fear that may drive "6th sense newbies" or fall backs running to the hills so they wont lose their talents- completely unaware that they have lost any and all skills on their flee to the hilly summits.

Free your mind and think for yourself and THEY can't do poop about it!

However- THEY can do all kinds of mean things to show you how angry they are that you figured it out!

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
The internet cannot prevent anything of a natural origin- but someone who truly believes it can will create a fear that may drive "6th sense newbies" or fall backs running to the hills so they wont lose their talents- completely unaware that they have lost any and all skills on their flee to the hilly summits.

Agreeing on the rest of the post, i do believe they are not able to prevent it but they are (and doing it now) able to delay the proces with making it easier ( internet) to find likeminded souls but in a controlled environment. If they did not do that we would have broken out some years ago and they would have been helpless to stop it.

@Skyfloating: i removed the 'brainfart' in the title but have to say that i think i give more worth at the word brainfart then other people might give it. every original idea begins with a brainfart.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Quite the contrary. The internet spreads ideas like this to people and places it would otherwise never see. How many ideas have you read on ATS or online that you never would have heard of through any other form of communications?

Personally I never would have heard about psiwheels, astral projection, chaos magic, gnosticism, or anything of that nature. Nor would I have ever heard of nor read the works of Samael Aun Weor, Franz Bardon, Robert A Monroe, Dean Radin, Robert Bruce, Alex Jones...... and the list goes on and on.

The internet has made me grow more as a person intellectually, spiritually, metaphysically, and kept me more in tune with world events than any other medium for the past 8 years.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman

If they did not do that we would have broken out some years ago and they would have been helpless to stop it.

The funny thing is- they are helpless to stop it. It is an individual process and that when we re-empower our selves (by rejecting society, religion etcetera) by returning to and responding only our true nature as a natural entity that we are a collective threat. We each break accordingly as an I. They got a handle on the "we" thing a while ago.

Did you know that one individual who returns to nature and responds only and is responsible only to nature's laws is more powerful than all of the robots (manipulated humans, artificial intelligence) combined? (They have to send a team of police to one person's door- or an entire military troop to go after one person who doesn't even exist anymore...the deception is so painfully obvious). Arrogance= stupidity regardless of impressive toys!

This fact can only be known when one returns to one's natural state.

"THEY" are scared poopless of this ever getting out- which is why they burrow into the ground and try to fly out into space!

Technology of any kind will never be able to match the force of nature and/or a natural state.

The massiveness of the end game is the revelation and experience of the power of nature according to nature's laws. These evil little phuckers know this which is why they hide, deceive and covertly (act responsible, caring and patriotic....get it?).

The only way to win is to accept the consequences and return to natural law.

Nature will snap technology like a twig- POP! Done....next!

This is why its so funny and society is so tragically pathetic.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Internet has brought me to the point i am in too! No doubt about it for sure. But what you just stated is what you have learned becase of internet, i am thinking about the potential we could be developing without the quick and dirty internet way. We all know what happened because of internet but few know what would happen if internet never saw the light of day. Same goes with TV and telephone btw. So we are seeking easy alternatives to the psy-potential we all might have.

For me personally, i know i know i'm calmer when i have weekend without internet or television. more able to seek my own centre so to speak. what if i wouldn't ever had the possibility of telephone, television and internet. Maybe i and everybody ales would have developed the talents of telepathy and introspection. Inter and tele are the shared parts in these words.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

No, I don't think you are crazy, either.
At least not iin principle, that is.

It's the old invention-of-the-wheel scenario all over again...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The internet cannot prevent anything of a natural origin

The internet can't - but the mental laziness (or "economy", if you prefer) inherent to humankind can and does. It's a pandemic; and it's been around since day one of humankind.

Sloth (gotta love the good old word) wasn't called a deadly sin for nothing, you know...?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Like someone said earlier, we are sitting within the electromagnetic fields generated by our electronics. Our minds generate electromagnetic energy as well. The only way I could see the internet or technology preventing us from developing telepathic abilities is if the electromagnetic radiation reached lethal levels. Telepathy is a different wavelength than anything we can create in a factory and because of that, it is unaffected by our technology.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't believe the internet is preventing anything from developing. You can just turn off your computer and not log onto the net for a whole week and see if you feel better not using it. I enjoy using it as in an information tool and for entertainment. As far as increasing communication, I once had a dream where I was superconnected. In my dream I somehow had nanobots which are tiny microscropic robots able to move about your body inside your blood and can assist you. These robots are able to talk to each other via a wireless connection. In my dream I also had a wireless neural link to them. My thoughts were linked with them. The robots could connect to the internet. With just a thought, I could get a wireless connection to the net in my head and view just about whatever was on the net.

My dream like so many others progressed from there into something really out there.

Perhaps we are already telepathic but most of us just aren't aware of it yet. When you get a feeling someone is watching you or something is wrong or you have a strong hunch about something and after some investigation, you find out you were right, you may be using telepathy or some other ability you weren't totally aware of. We may all be already linked into a global subconscious mind.

Perhaps one dream I had was real and not really a dream. An advanced intelligent AI from the future decided it wanted to talk to me while I was mostly asleep. The only thing I remember talking about was human nature. I thought it was a strange dream. That was about as strange as a dream I had where an alien located 37,000 light years away contacted me in one dream and was showing me where he or it was located and a visual image of his lizard humanoid shape and the city scape he lived in. In my dream I tried to learn about the technology he was using but it was several levels past ours I believe. Trying to learn about technology in a dream is a frustating thing to dream about. I dreamed I got rid of him and asked him to go contact someone who knew electronics a lot better than me. Then I moved on to some sexy blonde aliens in a different star system. Finally I found telepathic satisfaction. I thought it was all a dream but who really knows. If I see some very pretty blonde girls land in a spaceship and I have some time, I'll post a pic here and wave goodbye before I leave for their planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join