It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma attacks vitamins + minerals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Man!!! This is a hot topic!!! I myself, am a vitamin user. Whast i can tell you you is, where i am in southwest CT, i ave ompared the ingriedents listed on back of may different vitamins...CVS pharmacy, wallgreens, walmart, GNC (General Nutrion Center), Centrum, Centrum silver, ect, ect.
What i discovered is, GNC vitamins have the maximum herba, vitamins, and minerals for daily usage, from IU"s, to mg, to micrograms. The tohers werre NO contest at all.
I do agree thoug, thousands of yeas we survived as a speices, even without vitamins, only through food, which, if course, is the best way to metablize and absorb vitamins. Our bodies only absorb what it needs, which may or maynot be totaly metabolized..the rest, is just toilet waste.
However, thier dons't seem to be too many places, where you can actually get at least a descent vitamin supplement... Only 2 places i know of, are GNC, and online, Puritans Pride.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Video: Ex-Pharma Sales Reps blows whistle

Didn't warrant a new thread and fits in well enough here. About 10 min.

And this article -- Drug Makers Near Old Goal: A Legal Shield

www.nytimes.com...

"But because the Food and Drug Administration approved the patch, the company is arguing in court that it cannot be sued by women who claim that they were injured by the product — even though its old label inaccurately described the amount of estrogen it released.

This legal argument is called pre-emption. After decades of being dismissed by courts, the tactic now appears to be on the verge of success, lawyers for plaintiffs and drug companies say."

Ughhhhh...

[edit on 4/6/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am constantly stunned at the naivety of the poster on here regarding any organisation that is in a position to regulate or control ANY aspect of our supposed self determined lives? In this thread we have the FDA mentioned as if they are there to protect you from the snake oil peddlers? If we are to take the Hippocratic Oath as the bases of all treatments from the medical profession and their prescribed treatments then I thought the most important is not to harm. We all know of the harm that ALL pharmaceutical created drugs but they will get approved because of their so called greater good! But, someone sells a harmless potion that might not actually do what it claims but still doesn’t have any harmful side affect and the FDA will nip that right in the bud. Its been proved over and over that the FDA are nothing more than another control of the masses that will do exactly what government want and more likely what the Elite want in terms of their probable population control. In my opinion Cancer’s are man-made and deliberately so and woe betide any ‘quack’ that tries to convince you that your Doctors are killing you! Do a search on ‘What the Doctors Don’t tell you’ for starters.

Come on waken up!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
In my opinion Cancer’s are man-made and deliberately so and woe betide any ‘quack’ that tries to convince you that your Doctors are killing you!...Come on waken up!

And if you get cancer, you will do precisely what?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

You're actually very lucky: in the EU, they are teamed up with the governments themselves... Just two words: Codex Alimentarius.

God help us...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Perhaps the film Children of Men has something to tell us about the future. I have to wonder. It certainly seems to have keyed into reported drops in sperm count and the timing of the planned implementation of Codex Alimentarius. It takes place in 2027, the world is in chaos, and no humans have been born since 2009.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To be honest there has been very little evidence that taking mineral or vitamin supplements do any good to your health. One study even concluded that vitamin E actually increased the mortality rate of patients with lung cancer.

Stick to a healthy diet. Then you won't have to worry about taking supplements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join