It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPMS Panther LR.308 Classic? What do you think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
on everything that i have ever read about dpms (and experienced [ 24" lr-308 AWESOME GUN!!!!]) is that they are amazing guns, and if you were having problems with them, dpms would have been happy to fix your problems, definately take a dpms anyday over a rock river. just my opinion, don't cut dpms out until you have given them a thurough run through, they do make a great gun.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I love the .308, and if you won't be offended, I'd like for you to consider a Remington 7600 in .308 as a lightweight, reliable, fast shooting alternative.

Each year for Christmas I buy all my kids additions for their bug-out-bags, and year before last, I got them all a 7600. They love them! It's not an 800-yard sniper rifle, but it's not a finicky autoloader either.

It's based on the tried and true Remington shotgun action, and it's not "delicate" as to conditions. You can get them with synthetic stocks and a dull black finish. Just the thing for grabbing and running.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

There has always been faster burning powders. The question is how much pressure the weapon can handle. 18inch barrel still means a lower velocity compared to a 24". Yep the trajectory is a rainbow at 500+ meters. The SASS designed for the designated rifleman to engage accurately targets beyond the 5.56 effective range yet still be able to be used in urban environments where a longer barrel is cumbersome.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join