It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 a reality says - Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with aliens, or predictions or government, however i was reading this [ www.foxnews.com... ] and thought...wow! Take a look and post what you think.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Very intersting read.
I have heard something similar before. It is amazing what we dont know about our 'surrounds'

I had trouble seeing the 2012 connection though. Did I miss something obvious? Did you insert the correct link? Was 2012 in the subject merely an attention getter?

Sorry, had to edit to let you know I had a look again...nothing

[edit on 28/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
oops im so embarassed.

edit: got this from someone on msn and i cussed them out, btw dont know how to delete...........

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Very intersting read.
I have heard something similar before. It is amazing what we dont know about our 'surrounds'

I had trouble seeing the 2012 connection though. Did I miss something obvious? Did you insert the correct link? Was 2012 in the subject merely an attention getter?

Probably that this movement towards the Milky way is what the Mayan Long Count predicted. That we would join with the Milky Way...

Who knows? It is interesting in any case.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by realist00]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by realist00

Very intersting read.

Probably that this movement towards the Milky way is what the Mayan Long Count predicted. That we would join with the Milky Way...

What exactly are you saying? The solar system is already inside of the milky way and always has been. and always will for that matter.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, now we know we have nothing to worry about. If Faux News is reporting this now, it isnt true.

So we will be around for Christmas on 2013.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageOfWisdom

Originally posted by realist00

Very intersting read.

What exactly are you saying? The solar system is already inside of the milky way and always has been. and always will for that matter.

My apologies. I thought I had read different, but having done a little more research, I found my information to be incorrect.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
French Alchymist Fulcanelli learned that when confronted to the Cross of Hendaye.

Good to read again official Gospels, too.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SageOfWisdom

I thought I remembered an article on Sciencedaily.com about the sun being part of a dwarf galaxy intagled with our own, but, after a quick search, I found nothing. As far as I recall, the positions of hundreds of thousands of stars were reworked using a new super-computer or a new algorithm and discovered a dwarf galaxy intangled in our own. I'll keep looking for a "relieble" sorce on the matter, but I did find this in the few seconds I looked....

www.viewzone.com...

[edit on 3/28/2008 by Digital Deviance]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital Deviance

I thought I remembered an article on Sciencedaily.com about the sun being part of a dwarf galaxy intagled with our own, but, after a quick search, I found nothing. As far as I recall, the positions of hundreds of thousands of stars were reworked using a new super-computer or a new algorithm and discovered a dwarf galaxy intangled in our own. I'll keep looking for a "relieble" sorce on the matter, but I did find this in the few seconds I looked....

www.viewzone.com...

I've Read similarthings, but as far as I've seen, nothing "official"

Our sun resides in the orion arm of the milky way. about 25,000 ly from the galactic center.

Not to hijack the thread, but Astronomy is "my thing".

[edit on 28-3-2008 by SageOfWisdom]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Exactly correct you are my friend. And as you said, nothing official. Although there are plenty of articles about this, alot of them seem to go stright for the 2012, Mayan calander, global warming being linked to our position in the galaxy. According to some sites, most planets in our solar system are experiencing some sort of warm up as we approch "galactic centre"

www.spacedaily.com...

This next article is news to me. Seems our star system is on the "WiMP Highway"

news.bbc.co.uk...

I must apologize to the OP, seems I've strayed completly off topic.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Very intersting read.

What this news study doesn't tell you is that we are scheduled to meet with the galactic plain in 2012. NASA confirmed this a while ago. No one really know what that is going to do. Could cause the sun to have some adverse reaction, or it could disturb out orbits(I don't see this happening). Many things can happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

French Alchymist Fulcanelli learned that when confronted to the Cross of Hendaye.

Good to read again official Gospels, too.

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh? LOL?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital Deviance

Exactly correct you are my friend. And as you said, nothing official. Although there are plenty of articles about this, alot of them seem to go stright for the 2012, Mayan calander, global warming being linked to our position in the galaxy. According to some sites, most planets in our solar system are experiencing some sort of warm up as we approch "galactic centre"

www.spacedaily.com...

This next article is news to me. Seems our star system is on the "WiMP Highway"

news.bbc.co.uk...

I must apologize to the OP, seems I've strayed completly off topic.

i dont care................im just here to listen. Actually I've read that and it seemed interesting , that and because im bored.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

top topics

join