It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outback Space Oddity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Outback Space Oddity

www.news.com.au

AN outback farmer is on a mission to identify a strange ball of twisted metal - purported to be fallen space junk - which mysteriously turned up on his remote property
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Space junk?. or an aliens helmet?? hehe This is quit intresting i am hoping thay dont take the space junk and make it dissapear without to looking up were its from maybe its something from an alian though there is allways alot of space junk but how does it get here?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

James Stirton of Cheepie, 130km from Charleville in southwestern Queensland, was heading out to feed cattle on his 40,500-hectare property when he came upon the bizarre-looking blackened ball.

Suspecting it was a piece of space junk, Mr Stirton contacted the Aerospace Corporation - a research arm of the US Government - to get some sort of confirmation.

He now believes the object is a helium tank wrapped in carbon fibre (similar to the red tanks depicted here) from a booster rocket used to launch communications satellites.

Source

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The truth is out there ... an Aussie farmer is on a mission to identify this bizarre blob - thought to be space junk - after it appeared on his property.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be wild if it was from a shot down spy satellite . I can't believe more scientist are not jumping at the chance to check out possible space junk. Though it kinda looks like the big hay bales we have out here in ND when they catch on fire.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by starskipper]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by starskipper

it looks like many things like a wierd wheel burnt or like a ball of rope burnt or been i ngreasy oil den scrapped for a long way or maybe it was something under a car dragged a long way

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The chances of being struck by space junk are one in a trillion and the only person ever reportedly struck described it as feeling like a gentle tap on her shoulder.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That's second one of these to drop out of the sky recently...
Unknown Spherical Object Falls in Brazil

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

its starting to get freaky ay aaarrgg take cover bboooommmmbbbb
alian intrustion on earth

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ANOTHER LINK HERE:

news.yahoo.com...

And I love this quote:

"I know a lot of about sheep and cattle but I don't know much about satellites. "

Kinda reminds me of many (self included ) in this forum.

regards........kk

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That is an awesome quote! I'm adding that to my sig pad.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't realise stuff like this could make it back to earth without burning up although it does look like it has gotten really hot on the side facing away from the camera causing all the carbon firbre to burn and peel off.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wait a min,

It looks like a weather baloon

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

LOL typical farmers but ay hehe most are inbreeds? but its normal comming from a place far out were population in like 10miles is 5 lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

I havent got into much space things recently but i would think anything falling from space would crush up like asteroids do thay come down into a small ball?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Where did Skylab come down? I remember Australians driving around with the beds of their pickups filled with junk.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Never heard that one? what is skylab? must look it up lol

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The US space laboratory, Skylab I, plunged to Earth this evening scattering debris across the southern Indian Ocean and sparsely populated Western Australia.

Source

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It looks like an oxidizer tank from a satelite or something.

Wierd that they are falling, at 2 diffrent places at lease.

Take cover!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Where did Skylab come down? I remember Australians driving around with the beds of their pickups filled with junk.

The crazy thing is that skylab came down because of solar activity. It raises something in the atmosphere which causes items to fall out of orbit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join