It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark of the Covenant, the real Holy Grail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I spent 30 mins trying to find this topic under this forum, I never did get to the end of the list, and not even sure if there's a post on here and on what forum. If there is one, I'm sorry. However, I just kicking this out there because, IMO, it really tightens up the conspiracy of the Knights Templar but turns it just a bit. How?

Think about it. The Ark of the Covenant still hasn't been found and for good reason, which will be on another thread entirely. That being said, here's my theory.........I did say Theory. ok .. good. Just want to say a few things up front so I don't get flamed, this is purely a theory, I don't have any info, just thoughts I've put together from what I've read in the scriptures and listen to in various documents. This thread is to debate the Knights Templar and the Grail.. NOT if Jesus has a baby. There's is no hard evidence to say 'what' the KT were keeping.

I believe the real Holy Grail IS the Ark of the Covenant, NOT Jesus's 'child'. From what I heard, and haven't done any deep study on, is that before Jesus return, the Temple will be built again and the anti-Christ will desecrate it. In order to ensure this happens, the Ark will HAVE to be in the temple with all the other items which 'required' to be in the temple. Otherwise, there can not be any worship in the temple. I'm I correct or no or completely WAY off base?

I've read that the Ark has been found but, never recovered, which belongs to another thread. In putting this all together, I'm curious if anyone else might have ever thought of this as well. Because to me, it completely puts all the pieces together in a logical thought.

I'm deeply interested in your thoughts, findings and studies.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Think about it. The Ark of the Covenant still hasn't been found and for good reason...

You bet. Because whoever ransacked the Temple when it was in there, whether they were Egyptians or Muslims or whoever, stripped the gold from it, dumped out the tablets (if they were still intact to begin with) and busted it up into a million pieces, then burned whatever was left. Invading armies are funny like that. They tend to destroy stuff.

Case in point... Alexander the Great's sarcophagus. Where is it? Or the capstone to the Great Pyramid. Now there's a treasure! The Tomb of Moses? Too bad they're all destroyed. They really would have been something to look at.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I dont like to think that the Ark was destroyed, although it is a perfectly good possibility

The Ark was described as holding great power, and once when it was taken before, it was returned, sharpish, after several months of plagues, with an apology from the Philistines (although this technically could be a curse to stop others from thinking of stealing it)

One of the supposed hiding places of the Ark is Ethiopia. I do remember reading some time ago about the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Keepers of the Ark. Basically it was that priests are chosen to look after the Ark. Once annointed they are not allowed to leave the grounds, but they dont seem to live long. The symptoms described were said to similar to slow radiation poisoning, but without the original article I couldnt say

Here is a good article relating to it from the smithsonian

The Lost Ark?

Personally I believe it is in Ethiopia. It's something strange, it's powerful and I've always been intrigued by it...and Im a skeptic!

SALLAH: It is the Ark. If it is there, at Tanis...It is not something man was meant to disturb...Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth.
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I thought it was in a wooden box in a massive warehouse with a load of other wooden boxes

new topics

top topics

join