It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who's calling from Washington DC 202 000 0000?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I got a call today from an odd number. I'm used to getting bombarded by people soliciting etc all the time, and this was a new one.
Washington DC : 202 000 0000

No one left a message, but I figured I would google search the number and here's some of the returns I got:

800notes.com...
creditboards.com...
theshapeofdays.com...

[snip]

Mod Edit - that wasn't necessary.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's weird. I remember once I picked up the phone to call someone and there was no dial tone. I thought, 'dang the phone must be out'. Then all of a sudden someone said in the phone, "He's listening to us." Then the phone clicked out, I hung up, and then my dial tone was back. That scared me I tell you what!

Tom

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
That's weird. I remember once I picked up the phone to call someone and there was no dial tone. I thought, 'dang the phone must be out'. Then all of a sudden someone said in the phone, "He's listening to us." Then the phone clicked out, I hung up, and then my dial tone was back. That scared me I tell you what!

Tom

That sounds to me like you picked up the phone when somebody else in the house (possibly a teenager) was already on the phone and they thought you were snooping.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I recieved a call from that number about 6-8 months ago. I picked it up simply because it seemed like such an odd and obviously fake number. When I said hello, they just hung up though. I havent heard from them again.

I did a search on that number that day. I forget which website I found but it basically said that it was a fake number used by telemarketers and collection agencies. Some of them apparently have a machine that allows them to get around the DO-Not-Call list if they use that number.

I dont know if it would do any good, but if they call again tell them to erase you phone number from their database and not to call you again. It cant hurt anyways.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've tried calling the 202-000-0000 number 5 times so far. There is a slight pause after I finish dialing, then there is a busy signal that just keeps going. Maybe it is a fake number set up to through people off of the true number from which the phone call is coming from. Sometimes a business, agency or other group will do this to keep their own phone numbers secret.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
according to this site it's used by a Susan Regulatory from the environmental protection agency.

however, whocalledus lists several reports of it (one interesting one being the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act PAC)

there are several reports that state it shows up when a call is made from the white house but ..... it's a wierd one nonetheless

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just called the number on both my home phone and my cell phone.

If I call on my home phone I can only dial 202-000 before I get the message "Were sorry your call can not be completed as dialed, please hang up and try again"

If I call on my cell phone There is a delay, then some backgroud noise( sounds like some kind of interference) Then I hear a recording that sounds quiet and distant that says " your called can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again, 0993" It might be saying 099T at the end. Its kind of hard to tell.

Its kind of wierd that if I use two phones I get two different messages. hmmm.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
according to this site it's used by a Susan Regulatory from the environmental protection agency.

I tried to email that susan regulatory person and got this error message right away.

"This is a permanent error, Ive given up. Im sorry.

134.67.221.150 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5. 1. 1: Recipient adress rejected: User
unknown in relay recipient table.

Giving up on 134.67.221.150"

I used www.ipligence.com... and the IP that was listed is located in Durham, North Carolina.

Then I usedwww.ipaddresslocation.org... and it says its located in Durham North Carolina. and it lists a host name of : mseive02.rtp.epa.gov

Of course this doesnt neccasirly mean that 202-000-0000 originates there however the email adress of "Susan Regulatory, which was attached to that number does originate in Durham.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

Also The names listed in this link are beyond obviously fake.

For more info on the tsca REGULATIONS you are supposed to contact Susan Regulatory

For more info on some tax reform you are supposed to contact Arthur E. Tax

For more info on the postal service you are supposed to contact John Stamp

The only one that I dont see as obviously faked (Mabye im not seeing the reference) is Nancy jones.
For more info on some tribal revenue plan you contact Nacy Jones.

just thought it was interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just did a google search on mseive02.rtp.epa.gov

this is what I found.

www.robtex.com...

attached to the ip adress :134.67.221.150 was this.

134.67.0.0-134.67.255.255 EPA-NET
134.67.0.0/16 Martin Marietta Technical Services, Inc 135 Washington Ave Bay City MI 48708 5845, USA
14298 EPA-NET Environmental Protection Agency

net 134.67.0.0/16route: 134.67.0.0/16
descr: Martin Marietta Technical Services, Inc
descr: 135 Washington Ave.
descr: Bay City
descr: MI 48708-5845, USA

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Tom

It is weird. Just wait until a call registers as as 000-000-0000. This has happened to me more times than I care to count. Lots of interesting tones and clicks- nothing more.

I did searches and came up with nothing. Cell phone company was useless and covert as always.

My guess- F.E.M.A

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I did a google search for Martin Marietta Technical Serives.

It seems that MMTS is a defense contractor like lockheed martin.

Im seeing to different adresses for MMTS. THe first is in my last post. the second is:

5203 Leesburg Pke Falls Church, Virginia 22041.

Well, with what I have been given this is all the detective work I can do. Although I must admit, Im more confused now than when I started.

It seems that this 202 number does indeed belong to a government agency. The Environmental Protection Agency has come up several times. Now a defense contractor.

does any one else have any links or something that might bring some more clarity to this?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I did a google search for Martin Marietta Technical Serives.

It seems that MMTS is a defense contractor like lockheed martin.

Im seeing to different adresses for MMTS. THe first is in my last post. the second is:

5203 Leesburg Pke Falls Church, Virginia 22041.

Well, with what I have been given this is all the detective work I can do. Although I must admit, Im more confused now than when I started.

It seems that this 202 number does indeed belong to a government agency. The Environmental Protection Agency has come up several times. Now a defense contractor.

I dont really know where else to look right now. im stuck, does anyone have any ideas where to look next?

Sorry for the double post. Dont know how that happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is a number used by telemarketers who are for the most part fraudulent.This is why they use the 000-000-0000 dial string.You can usually tell the legit yet always annoying telemarketers because their caller id will show up as number is out of area usually.Here is a video of someone who actually got to talk to someone that called with the 000-000-0000 dial string here:

youtube.com...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
This is a number used by telemarketers who are for the most part fraudulent.This is why they use the 000-000-0000 dial string.You can usually tell the legit yet always annoying telemarketers because their caller id will show up as number is out of area usually.Here is a video of someone who actually got to talk to someone that called with the 000-000-0000 dial string here:

youtube.com...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

That is probably what it is, however according to the op the area code was 202 not 000. what do you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I use to work in telecom and I would see guy's in front of racks of Fiber optic multiplexers with a device called a T-bird....which is used for testing things like bit error rates and DB LOS(loss of signal).They would call random numbers to test the continuity of a line for any number of reasons...well anyway they would always use a series of zeros as the dial string so the person receiving the call would not be able to call back.Sometimes they would use the area code....it would depend on the way the switch is set up...if requiring an area code to dial out.Now telemarketers do this with a telephone switch of their own.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think you are being contacted by these people www.lockheedmartin.com...

They have an extremely interesting portfolio!!

Check this out from the same site www.lockheedmartin.com...

[edit on 28/3/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Don't call it back, or anwser if "they" call again. You will probably be tracked or something. It probably enables a tracking device if you anwser. Watch your back!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I received a call 2 days ago on my cell and didn't answer it. Caller ID said the # was 84270. The caller left a voicemail and it was the obama campaign...

I am on the no call cell phone list, so how they get my #? Whats up with only 5 numbers showing up on caller ID?

Guz

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What you guys are most likely experiencing is CID spoofing (Caller-id). It is almost trivial these days to spoof not just the calling number but the text displayed on CID. I'm quite certain that as of last fall, at least in the U.S, this activity is illegal but when did that stop anyone.

I've actually done something like this to a friend to prove a point, spoofing the ID to appear as his bank. You cannot trust ANYONE calling you now no matter what is said. In fact even a callback number to confirm who your talking to could easily be rigged.

If you do any business dealings over the phone these days you are well advised to contact the numbers associated on their website or obviously direct contact numbers.

Just to add this activity was recently profiled in something called "swatting". Swatting involves CID-spoofing someone you don't like to law enforcement. The idea is to let the police believe that the caller ID is the person making the threat. The result is SWAT teams sent to homes for a pseudo type invasion and harassment of innocent people.

brill

[edit on 28-3-2008 by brill]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join