It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nibiru Myth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yechidah
Sitchen's Lost Book of Enki, certainly does some peotic justice to the myths included in the book of Genesis, however the book of Genesis is debunked time and time again and yet people believe it.

You lost me here. When has the book of Genesis EVER been 'debunked'? History has proven the old testament to be more reliable than ever. My fact for this are the old cities being found again and again that were talked about in the Bible but were thought to never have existed, but then found later on by archeologists.

Just what is being debunked?

Personally, Stichen is hardly credible when he has been caught lying about his own credentials. I don't mean to make others mad at me, but people like Stichen and Hoagland are just way off base for me. I like talking about their theories because that is fun... but believing them is an entirely different matter in itself.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I wish you'd cited referenced to each statement so we could verify them, as only a few stood out to me as opinion rather than mythbusting fact.

Im not up to date with this nibiru topic, but I am aware of the concept of our suns twin - a dieing star, which is thought to be in our solar system and on a highly elliptical orbit and currently quite far away making observation of it hard, but which accounts for severe meteor strikes every several hundred thousand years or so as it attracts common meteors which break their current orbits and migrate towards the direction of the Earth and therefore into the Earth, when it itself comes near to the sun (Why some people consider the dinosaurs became extinct, and that such catastrophes occur at regular, albeit lengthy, time frames, giving credence to the doomsday scenario of 2012), but I don't think they are one and the same.

If you are talking of the planet after our last discovered planet.. I agree that no, no one could live there by our standards. Just as snowmen don't live on Antarctica or lava men don't live in volcanoes.

And if they did, boy would they be miserable.

(My point was, I don't think it's all debunked as you put it, but it is just more opinion from an opposing belief.)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well said, but sadly, those that do believe in reptilians assuming public personas, are all to wiling to be as vocal as an entire mob !!!!

Crikey..

I wonder how Paul McCartney is these days.. oO

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

You lost me here. When has the book of Genesis EVER been 'debunked'?

Depends on what you mean. The Book of Genesis has been shown by Biblical scholars to be an amalgamation of stories written by 4 different people. Some of these stories may well be based on actual events. In some cases 2 conflicting stories have been combined into one (how many animals did God tell Noah to take on the ark?
) Many contain historical incongruities showing very persuasively that they were written long after the events they relate are purported to have occurred. Overall, they are accurate in the same way a James Bond novel is accurate. People and places mentioned may well have existed, that does not mean the actual events occurred (and in cases, such as a global flood, we know they did not occur).

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Back to the OP. I'm suprised nobody has posted this link yet but this shows science has a learning curve. I honestly don't know much about this topic but your fact about eliptical orbits is so last week.
Please see link
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
[edit on 28-3-2008 by oROSSTAo]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Im not up to date with this nibiru topic, but I am aware of the concept of our suns twin - a dieing star, which is thought to be in our solar system and on a highly elliptical orbit and currently quite far away making observation of it hard, but which accounts for severe meteor strikes every several hundred thousand years or so as it attracts common meteors which break their current orbits and migrate towards the direction of the Earth and therefore into the Earth, when it itself comes near to the sun (Why some people consider the dinosaurs became extinct, and that such catastrophes occur at regular, albeit lengthy, time frames, giving credence to the doomsday scenario of 2012), but I don't think they are one and the same.

The nemesis Theory

Which has nothing to do with current 'millennium madness' surrounding the entrirely fictional Nibiru

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oROSSTAo

There is a topic on that to. ( I think there are actually two of them? ) In which people talked about that, Don't think a lot of people went with it either, but then again it's all opinion on what goes on in space.

Edit--
Here are the links for them to:
www.abovetopsecret.com... - 1
www.abovetopsecret.com... - 2
www.abovetopsecret.com... - 3
www.abovetopsecret.com... - 4
www.abovetopsecret.com... - 5

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Is this an Agenda, have I come to a debate or a mob hanging?

Are you enticing the idea of talking, or is this just to satisfy your own personal grievance?

I'm not interested in the mob being petulant towards others.

Wow, I thought from your initial post you wanted to discuss the topic, and one I don't even really believe in, but what I'm starting to witness is sad.

This place really is falling apart.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oROSSTAo
Back to the OP. I'm suprised nobody has posted this link yet but this shows science has a learning curve. I honestly don't know much about this topic but your fact about eliptical orbits is so last week.
Please see link
dsc.discovery.com...

More disinfo
Even if such a planet exists it does not have the orbit of the fictional Nibiru. We know planets do have elliptical orbits - because we know the Earth has a slightly elliptical orbit. But there's a big, big. big. big difference between the Earth and the orbit of Sitchin's imaginary planet which however much you wish to believe otherwise, is physically impossible - unless the solar system is only a few hundred thousand years old.

If you would like to prove otherwise, show the maths to prove it

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Great post, have a star

For people like myself who dont know the full history behind this planet x thingy, your post summed it up nicely. To be honest, i also havent researched it too much as i think its nonsense

Feel free to not involve yourself in any investigation of anything, and rely on what others will tell you, at any time and for any subject.

Thats how society evolves. By submitting to someone else's beliefs/opinions.

You deny ignorance well, young padewan. Skywalker wants you to be a jedi.

8/

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Great post, have a star

For people like myself who dont know the full history behind this planet x thingy, your post summed it up nicely. To be honest, i also havent researched it too much as i think its nonsense

Feel free to not involve yourself in any investigation of anything, and rely on what others will tell you, at any time and for any subject.

Thats how society evolves. By submitting to someone else's beliefs/opinions.

You deny ignorance well, young padewan. Skywalker wants you to be a jedi.

8/

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Exactly my idea, thanks Essan - I did provide a link to a google found page later, but indeed ! TY! Much appreciated mate.

Oh and edit - just to clarify, I don't go for the strange new planet come to destroy us, with reptilians at the ready et al. I was just pointing out a few conflicting opinions, in regards to orbits and visibility of a possible unidentified entity in our solar system.

I'm not right, I admit that.. but I put it that if it's not proven, no one is right. No one cam claim Fact over things we don't know. There is not Myth vs Fact when it comes to what we don't know. It's myth vs opinion.

Whew, I'm going to bed..

[edit on 28-3-2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Only a year left till it's visible so....

Ooh I know what it is.....It's the third Death Star... The Emperor haven't given up yet..... Someone call the Rebels

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
OZ... Thankyou....

Again, you put some logic into these Nibiru topics!

I look for you to inject some common sense into this topic. After all the other 'Nibiru is real' topics that have been floating round these last couple of months, I was starting to get worried again.

Then you come along and put it all into perspective.

This would have been a one line post if I had put what I really wanted too.

Oz, My hero

Julie

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
On a recent episode of the universe, they brought up the fact that extinctions and ice ages ahve occured on regular intervals, amd then proposing that a brown dwarf on the outer edge of the solar system is at opposition at the time these catastrophes happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This website mentions it:
space.newscientist.com...

Astronomers call this boundary the Kuiper cliff, because the density of space rocks drops off so steeply. What caused it? The only answer seems to be a 10th planet. We're not talking about Quaoar or Sedna: this is a massive object, as big as Earth or Mars, that has swept the area clean of debris. The evidence for the existence of "Planet X" is compelling, says Alan Stern, an astronomer at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado. But although calculations show that such a body could account for the Kuiper cliff (Icarus, vol 160, p 32), no one has ever seen this fabled 10th planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
reply to post by weedwhacker

We know nothing of our solar system, galax or universe. We're not sure how they work or how they interact with each other, yet you state this so matter of factly as evidence against Nibiru, the facts with which you 'nail this theory to that wall' so to speak are no more credible than the facts that keep it a float. Why must we continue to prove other people wrong to bolster our own theories?

EMM

Actually, the ops positions are supported by tried and true science. Show me any evidence that supports the existence of planet x. Of course you won't be able to as it only exists in ones imagination.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Look, I am not sure how old you are or what kind of education you have had, but we DO in fact know a bit about our galaxy and some of which makes it work. Downplaying the intelligence and knowledge of the human race has become quite the popular pastime ever since the race realized how little it knew relative to what it does not. Just because we don't know it all in no way diminishes what we do know. And what I personally know is that if this P.X. is as big or as massive and as close as it has been played out to be, then we should all be able to see it. Period. All other evidence against it's possible existance aside, the one fact that proves the current story is nothing but myth is the fact that WE, as regualr folk, CANNOT SEE IT.

My belief is that we can't see it cuz it ain't there. Now, if all the believers would like to come up with a plausible bit of logic that explains just that one fact - the fact that we cannot see it - I am all ears. I am, of course, interested in "alternative" logic. Show me a picture, not a fuzzy galaxy or a nice bit of CGI or Photoshop, but a picture. From NASA. Or a private observatory. Or anything!

I fully understand that there are things that can't be seen but are nonetheless still there. But a freakin planet or star is one of those things that fit the definition of something that can be seen, if it is there.

Deny pretend!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nibiru may be the planet Jupiter in Babylonian Astrology. I'm still looking for it in their info. However, NIBRU (without the second "I") was the name of Enlil's city in Sumer, better known today as Nippur. It meant "Gate" and "Place of the Crossing." It was on a bank of the Euphrates and had a crossing for people to move from one side of the river to the other. Not sure if that was by boat trip or if they had built a bridge there or if it was shallower there, but that's the data I found on it.
There's much more interesting info about Nibru than the meaning of its name. Like the DUR.ANKI, which was described as the Heaven-Earth Bond in their texts. Now there's an interesting thing in Nibru.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join