It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nibiru Myth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Alot of the conspiracy posters here must be relatively young.

The reason that I say this is that the Zeta Reticuli forum "ZetaTalk" has been around since the early 1990's and the planet-x / nibiru threads have been around ever since.

Every couple years or so, they scream for everyone to head for the hills because the sky is falling and that Nibiru is on a collision course with earth, and every couple years or so they're proven wrong and start the cycle all over again.

Comeon people, what is it going to take for the cycle's to stop. How many times do you have to have your hopes crushed before you get off the band-wagon?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
To be honest, I believe in the Nibiru theory, that is as a planet, and not as a brown star. The things you cite as 'facts' and 'evidence' are merely conjecture on other peoples part, it is the conclusions they have drawn, how do you know we won't find that large eliptical orbits aren't possible? with the standard model of our solar system slowly fading away, as it piles on the questions it just can't answer.

Another thing, Sitchin, didn't by any means have everything locked down, some of the things he states ARE his own conclusions and thus are based on his (then) current perception of the world, this does not make him a fraud or an idiot, just human, he put to much of himself into his work. I agree with some of his theories and disagree with some of them, it isn't all gospel, he is looking for answers as much as the next person.

And now were saying people who don't go to university can in no other way be qualified for a type of field. From what I remember Einstein taught himself Physics while he worked in a patents office, so of course, Einstein must've been a fake. This is whats quickly becoming wrong with most western cultures, university is seen as to be the only way of 'advancing' oneself, there are better ways, but university is nice and convenient.

So this is me, coming out of the wood work!! There are many things out there that we have no idea about, yet people decide to refute it so not to mess up their perfect little world, Nibiru maybe complete myth, but the acceptance of the possibility can go a long way and I for one accept it.

p.s. I loved this bit on the link (regarding the Akkadian seal):

"But what you see isn't a map of the solar system at all. It's decoration, PROBABLY. OR a picture of Venus, as seen from our planet, and surrounded by stars. The ancient Babylonians made funny little drawings like this all the time. And they all looked different. So it's just coincidence this one resembles a solar system.

thanks. EMM

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good job !!!
I'm so tired of seeing thread after thread claiming that planet x is coming and are full of pro planet x'ers who don't want to see factual information but instead just want to pretend for whatever reason.

Once again good job and I really like the way you've presented it- FACT vs FICTION.

I give you 1 x 10 12th power thumbs up !

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
When 2012 has come and gone, or 2009 if you're a penguin, and we're still here...when will it be returning?

I estimate 2018, because the '8' can look like 2 planets crashing into each other, which will be use don the cover of my new book, "2018, Planet Nibiru, Sorry for the Delay!"

You heard it here First! I got first dibs on it!

I have no history of archeology or any ability to translate ancient texts, but I can talk fluent rubbish

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The idea of an inhabited planet on a 3,600 year eliptical orbit around the sun called Nibiru was invented in the early 1970s by Zechariah Sitchin. Other authors have taken his ideas and adapted them in different ways since, but there is no reference in any source to such a planet prior to the 1970s

(Note that Sumerian texts only refer to such a planet when translated by Sitchin, and not when translated by anyone else)

It's also worth adding that according to Sitchin, the planet Nibiru is inhabited by the dumbest aliens in the universe. Although they fly spaceships they dig for gold using stone and bone tools and can only find their landing strips on Earth by use of visual aids.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Any race on a planet near a brown dwarf star wouldnt survive as there is not enough heat emitted. There is some UV radiation but no where near enough to support life.

Lets not assume that all life works the way ours does. We are but one species, on one planet, in one solar system. How do we know that life elsewhere even needs heat to survive ?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
why has Niribu made the OP'er so angry?

dont mean to be anal but it would be nice to see where u cleared up the myths to facts thing.

im still on the fence over this,

my hunch is it is just the crossing Earth into another zodiac zone in 2012.

only time will tell.

2012 is gona be the biggest disapointment since the y2k bug

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Originally posted by Essan
no reference in any source to such a planet prior to the 1970s

I think he sat down and watched the Sci-Fi movie "When Worlds Collide" (1951) which was based on a book from 1932

Nibiru fans who cant wait until 2012 may like to know that a remake of this film is currently in production and expected
Steven Spielberg has announced that he will be the executive producer of a new version of When Worlds Collide to be released sometime in 2008. The film is currently listed as being in the pre-production stages, and will be a co-production of Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks.
I have no information whether he will change the name of the planet to appease Zecariah Sitchin or if he will even get a mention

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Anyone new to the Nibiru Hoax scene, should really research the cult of Nancy Lieder:

en.wikipedia.org...

Nancy Lieder has been proven to be a fraud, time and time again. But the gullability train keeps on truckin as one generation falls off and the next generation of gullible minds hops on.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by branestorm

'Logic' minded people like to apply the current perception of reality to the past and future, they don't admit changes could happen, because they don't want change to happen, it coud make them...dare i say it....wrong?

I'm not condoning people who start threads like 'ULTIMATE NIBIRU FACTS' because it just perpetuates a bad cycle, but a thread like this just does the same thing, but the direct opposite. I use logic, but within the environment of creativity, it is how i choose to 'progress', I accept any and every possibility and deduct my perception from there. Why can't our solar system have a captured planet? why haven't we been visited by an ET race in the past or present? absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. We find things from ancient times all the time that we have no idea what they are, or what they do. We try and fit them in to what we percieve about a time millenia ago, its pottery or an abstract musical instrument (to name a few).

You don't have t believe in it, just believe in the possibility of it.

thanks. EMM

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you, Oz, for doing all that great work.

A star from me!!

You've out-done yourself, mate! Brilliant!!!

Tim/WW

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"Myth- Nibiru has a highly eliptical orbit and only reaches our solar sytem every 3600 years
Fact- According to astronomers, eliptical orbits are highly unstable. Chances are that if there was a planet in such an orbit would either revert to a circular orbit as it nears the sun, or fly off somewhere into space due to the distance from the sun"

erm...rubbish. all orbits are at least slightly eliptical, and just because a highly eliptical orbit might not be "long term" (astronomically speaking) stable does not mean a body cannot orbit in that manner for a while, in human terms..., EG in this case, a while might mean, say, 200 orbits, or 720,000 years (this is just a completely pulled out my rear number to make a point). Otherwise you make it sound like comets couldnt exist and nothing could ever move out of a circular orbit, like they are on rails or something....

not saying I think nibiru is real, just making sure you dismiss it for the right reasons.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by diablomonic

diablomonic, While I understand your point, that ALL orbits are ellipses, what was attemped to point out by the OP was that an EXTREMELY erratic ellipse would likely not be stable over geological time periods.

AND....if this is a supposedly 'stable' 3,600-year orbit, then why has our Solar System remained so relativly stable for...oh, 4 billion years???

See, if this 'interloper' actually existed for all this time the orbits of the planets would eventually be affected. In fact, we probably wouldn't even have evolved, since the Earth would have been affected as well......

Best, Tim/WW

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well an orbit applies gravitational pull. The problem with a Planet-X / Nibiru hypothesis of extremely long orbit (3600 years), is how our Sun gravitational pull would reach it.

The only way that would be possible is if this planet-x / Nibiru was extremely Massive. SOO massive, that any moron with a telescope could see it. And even if you could not see it, its gravitational pull on surrounding objects would be HUGE. Again any idiot with a basic understanding of astro-physics would be able to measure its gravitational wake.

Another obvious fact is that any planet that would reach an extremly long orbit such as Nibiru would escape the suns gravitational pull, and would be ejected from our solar system.

And people who claim that Nibiru is in fact an alien space ship, the amount of energy it would take to propel Nibiru through our solar system would border on infinity....its simply ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

We know nothing of our solar system, galax or universe. We're not sure how they work or how they interact with each other, yet you state this so matter of factly as evidence against Nibiru, the facts with which you 'nail this theory to that wall' so to speak are no more credible than the facts that keep it a float. Why must we continue to prove other people wrong to bolster our own theories?

EMM

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
We know nothing of our solar system, galax or universe. We're not sure how they work or how they interact with each other

How can you debate this? In order to have a proper debate, certain things have to be agreed upon between both sides as a basis for the discussion.

If we cannot even agree that current understanding of astro-physics are valid. Then we cannot even prove that the world is not flat.

How in the world do you expect anyone to get anywhere in a discussion by being completely illogical?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

EMM, do you think that Einstein and Newton are wrong? If so, please provide YOUR evidence, your math, your proofs to allow us to conclude that you are correct, and thousands of physicists are wrong.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good post!

-But put me down as a Nibiru believer.

I will stick with the binary star system percentages for now.

My position may change over a lifetime – as dates come and go. But for now its a secret pleasure.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Great post.

Star for you, if I could, I'd give ya two! (cheesy, but not as cheesy as extinction myths(predictions)

As you can probably tell,I'm really not a big fan AT ALL of extinction predictions, or ANY "real" predictions that cannot be scientifically verified (all of them).

I'm tired of this type of stuff. It's Urban Legend bunk at this point. Ever since it was predicted that Long Island , NY was supposed to sink back somewhere in the 80's, I was not even 10 years old, and the day came and went, I've been tired of it.

Then it was Cali, supposed to break off the US.

Then Y2k, I was more peaceful that night that the world would continue on than I have been in ANY other night of my life.

I think I will sleep very soundly all throghout December of 2012.

Yea, I'll go with 2018 as well; as being the "next" date for this Nibiru mythical passing. Good call, forgot who made it. Donald Pleasence(sp?) avatar?

anyhow good call, too lazy to check.

But the predictions get futher and further away, as the embarrasment of a "no show" happens time and time again.

Planet X-

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The bottom line is that in order for an individual to truely Believe in Nibiru / Planet-X, it would have be on faith alone.

I say this because you would have to be willing to discredit our current understanding of astro-physics entirely.

And if you discredit astro-physics entirely, you cannot use it in your supporting argument because you have already discredited it.

Which leaves you with no scientific basis for accreditation. Which means at that point you are realying on faith alone to pour a foundation for the myth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join