It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nibiru Myth

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It seems as though there are many ous ATS'ers out here that think the entire Nibiru/Planet X theory is utter crap. Every post out there to do with with this topic isso far pro Nibiru and apparently the government is covering its appearance up(yawn). So I decide to start a thread that is NOT (i repeat not) pro nibiru and have done a bit of research into some of the facts and myths that are going around with this topic

Myth- Zecariah Sitchin is an ancient languages scholar
Fact- Zecariah Sitchin is a self proclaimed ancient languages scholar, meaning that any translations he has apparently done can be considered as innacurate. He does however major in economic history

Myth- Nibiru means "planet of the crossing"
Fact- According to authentic scholars in ancient languages, Nibiru has several meanings. The more common ones are ferryboat and place of crossing. No where does it state planet of crossing in relevant texts

Myth- Nibiru has a highly eliptical orbit and only reaches our solar sytem every 3600 years
Fact- According to astronomers, eliptical orbits are highly unstable. Chances are that if there was a planet in such an orbit would either revert to a circular orbit as it nears the sun, or fly off somewhere into space due to the distance from the sun

Myth- Nasa has photgraphed Nibiru
Fact- Incorrect, the photo actually turned out to be a new type of galaxy. The media misinterpreted the finding as an extra planet in our solar system

Myth- Nibiru can be seen from the South Pole, that is the reason for the new observatory
Fact- If Nibiru can be photgraphed from the South Pole, it would be able to be viewed from the ENTIRE southern hemisphere (where I live). According to my work colleagues down at the 3 weather stations we have down there, there is nothing unsual in the sky. The new telescope down there is because the unique atmospheric conditions in Antarctica give extremely good pictures of the cosmos. And due to this quality, it is replacing the hubble telescope

Myth- Nibiru is a Brown Dwarf and has a race of people/aliens called Annukai living on/ near it
Fact- Most of the pro Nibiru posters claim Nibiru is a brown dwarf star. Any race on a planet near a brown dwarf star wouldnt survive as there is not enough heat emitted. There is some UV radiation but no where near enough to support life. It is also impossible for them to live on it due to the mass of the star crushing any living thing on it

Myth- Nibiru will affect the Earth in 2012. We will be able to see it in 2009
Fact- According to other prophets (Also known as hoaxers or delusional) Nibiru was supposed to be here in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003 and 2005. Why cant they agree on when it was supposed to hit? If such a large object is in the sky, we would already know about it. Why is it that we can photograph something hundreds of light years away, while we cant photgraph something thats aparently hurtling towards us and is quite close?

I am sure there are some I missed. Feel free to post any other flaws with Sitchins theory.

I highlt recommend cecking out the first reference. It was by a guy (an ancient languages scholar, he has proof of it too) who was actually asked to debate Sitchin on Art Bells show. Apparently it didn't go ahead because Sitchin did not reply to Art Bells offer. Hmmm, I wonder why.

Enjoy

References
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
www.sitchin.com...
www.badastronomy.com...
www.wikipedia.org...
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 27/3/2008 by OzWeatherman]

[edit on 27/3/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm wondering if this has been done before...Oh well, nice way to put it showing Myth and Fact. Also thank you for providing links just so I can verify as well as to whether it's true or false. (Though I'm already leaning heavily on the whole "Planet X" is false anyway.) I know there is another site that also "Debunked" the guy, but I can't remember it now. A storm's blowing in so I'll find it and post the link later.

Anyway great collection of links. Just in case I haven't said it yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nibru- a place of crossing.
That says a lot in those few words.Nibru is more likely a specific area.Such as the energized particle field we will soon be crossing. The time line that these people state for the return orbit of this mythical planet coincides with the time line that our planet crosses the particle field.
Very interesting!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Thanks for that

If you could get that website it would be awesome. I am sure there is many facts that I missed out on posting here.

Enjoy the storm

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Nibru- a place of crossing.
That says a lot in those few words.Nibru is more likely a specific area.Such as the energized particle field we will soon be crossing. The time line that these people state for the return orbit of this mythical planet coincides with the time line that our planet crosses the particle field.
Very interesting!

Can you provide some evidence or even better, some links about this energized particle field. I am not entirely sure what it is and what the link is between the "place of crossing" interpretation and the return of Nibiru in regards to the earth crossing a particle field

Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think you did a pretty good job of stating the facts. I don't think that most ATS'ers believe in Nibiru. I think that many of them, like myself, merely ignore posts that deal with it, because it is so preposterous. Whenever I see threads that talk about Reptilians, Nibiru, and other such nonsense, I cringe. In fact, I'm only responding to your post, because I did want to express the belief that most ATS'ers don't buy into those fairy tales. There are enough real issues here at ATS that people should be involved in.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thanks

Yeah I am really interested to see how many of them, especially one certain user whom I will not name, reply to this thread and provide supporting evidence to prove me wrong.

You're probably right that most ATS'ers are ignoring it and I think more and more people are sort of getting the unplausibilty of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Another point to consider

Myth- Nibiru is currently in our solar system
Fact- No, if it were in our solar syetem and it was as large as the pro Nibiru posters claim, then it would be easily visible to the naked eye, as a star. It would be even more visible with a telescope. Anyone that says it is near has not yet backed up that claim with proof

[edit on 28/3/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Good work Oz

Its good to see the information spelled out in one place and not drip fed throughout fantasy threads.

The up side to starting this thread is, next time you are involved in a pro Nibiru thread, send 'em here. It'll save you some typing

The down side, I have found that they dont tend to come to threads stating it doesn't exist, but start one saying it does and they seem to come out of the woodwork.

I hope you do get some PXers here. I'll be watching.

Oh and by the way, there has already been murmerings of 2085 now instead of 2012.....
Preparing the defence early?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Oh and by the way, there has already been murmerings of 2085 now instead of 2012.....
Preparing the defence early?

Cheers mate

Wow, yet another date!

Are they that close minded that they don't realise that so many prophecies have failed time and time again.

One point that should be noted is that if it wasn't for the internet, the planet x thing would have died way back in the early nineties. Lousy technology...lol

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just went on 'the other' thread and saw you took my advice. Maybe I should add mine there as well..oh... I sorta did with my signature....

[edit on 28/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The trouble is... I keep looking up, instead of down, and as a rule
fall on my arse looking for all these damn things.

Personally, I wont believe it, unless I have a date stamp.

so let me know ..........( I'm off patchin up)

Mungo

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Can you provide some evidence or even better, some links about this energized particle field. I am not entirely sure what it is and what the link is between the "place of crossing" interpretation and the return of Nibiru in regards to the earth crossing a particle field

Thanks

What i gather from some sites regarding 2012 and suchlike is their idea that because of the fact that our solarsystem is sailing sideways through our milky way ( Source ) we as a solarsystem will pass the middle of the milky way some time or another. That time could be 2012 and the place we will be passing presumably has a higher radiation-yield then the rest of it and then it takes some more assumptions (and beliefs to fill in the blanks, ofcourse) So niburu is that 'place of crossing'

Evidence? Circumstantial at best i'd think. Maybe the warming of the solarsystem is a pointer to the validity of these outragous claims
. Pluto warming up relatively more Source then other planets in our system while being further from the sun then other planets that have not so much ( relatively speaking ) effect.

Something like that, maybe

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Harman]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great post, have a star

For people like myself who dont know the full history behind this planet x thingy, your post summed it up nicely. To be honest, i also havent researched it too much as i think its nonsense

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

If you are referring to the thread I think you are, that was an inadvertant referance to 2012 and not at all relevant.
Planets heating up? have a look at this thread (sorry Oz) for possible answers. Not a rogue planetsun.

[edit on 28/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
If you are referring to the thread I think you are, that was an inadvertant referance to 2012 and not at all relevant.
Planets heating up? have a look at this thread (sorry Oz) for possible answers. Not a rogue planetsun.

If you were talking to me (
)
then yeah, inadvertant or not it's a pointer that we are nearing a area of hightend radiation. Not a planet, no, but something is getting iffy fast

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Here we are! I think I found it, though being that it's 7:30 in the morning and I'm no mornng person it's hard to really tell at the moment.

It has a table near the bottom which has the myths and facts.

www.exitmundi.nl...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Sorry Harman, I was addressing you. The 'reply' button doesnt work sometimes but I fixed it.

The other thread and you link are a far stretch from the 2012 theme. (Which this thread isnt abut BTW) and does not even mention any kind of time frame and is a FAR stretch from any planoid object..*insert IMO here*

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

. Ok, you are right, let's drop 2012 for a while ( Woohoo! ) and stick to the niburu-thing sailing through our solarsystem. I was never sure about the whole thing but kept it open as a possibility, just like the rest of the events that COULD happen because we no nothing about anything so yeah, scary
. But cosmic-radiation coming in through our solarsystem ( or rather our solarsystem going through a batch of radiation ) is a logical sounding possibility imo.
. So, still not flat-out denying the possibility of a rogue doom-harbering sunplanet with an eliptic orbit but it just lowered itself on my 'it could be happening' scale a few points. just besides the God has a beard and is sitting on a throne in the eternal heavens.

All that is written above is a big IMO, ofcourse.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Harman]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Excellent OP! Have a star (not a brown dwarf though!)

I have never been able to understand the whole Nibiru theory. Surely 3600 (1600BC) years ago, any of the other civilisations would have mentioned it but suprisingly no.

A whole planet (or minor solar system) managed to pass all but one civilisation by?

Probability = 0

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join