It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says TSA forced piercings removal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Woman says TSA forced piercings removal

news.yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES - A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I realize that we need to have tight security at the airports, but isn't this a bit too much?
How is it that something like this can be justified by the higher ups that have imposed these new rules of airport safety? Is this what is helping keep America safer?
What kind of people are we hiring to do this job? It seems like they are people that want to get their jollies from making women remove their clothes. I think that we should be screening these TSA employees a bit better. Maybe hire some that can actually use their brains when it comes to a situation of this type.
It just disgusts me that they are using the cloak of terrorism protection in instances like this. The fact that the TSA employees gave her a pair of pliers is beyond ridiculous IMO.
I believe this is an abuse of power and should be treated as such.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow! I just read that whole article, and I am utterly (Almost) speechless as to what has happened to the woman. I mean TSA should have apologized even if there site said they will search, blah, blah, blah. But this woman has come out damaged due to them (Scar tissue and probably a bit of emotional distress if she wants to state so)

I kind of have the same question as you palehorse23. Who exactly are these places hiring that would allow such things to happen? Are they really giving us closure to the fact that someone had to remove something such as a ring or a piercing that sounded an alarm? I mean what is going on in this world....

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

All that is happening is that they are employing a false sense of security to airline travelers. People "think" they are safer because of the heightened security. But when they actually see how ridiculous some of these measures are, people begin to question the necessity of these types of actions.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
They're all working for the NWO and making these rules, regulations, that are so ridiculous no one can imagine it.

What i dont get is, what has been promised to these TSA people in exchange to play this game? Would simple orders to annoy people and abuse people be enough? What's in it for them? Surely, it must be more than being sadistic just for the thrill? These things are usually motivated by pay offs.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, I know I will certainly sleep well tonight, knowing that air travelers are safe from nipple rings.

I wonder, though, are Al-Qaida terrorists disguised as illegal Mexicans scanned for nipple rings when they wade the Rio Grande? Perhaps someone should alert the TSA about that problem.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I agree. I feel much safer now. Knowing that we have such reliable people behind the wand is a great feeling.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, I know when I was on a job-hunt around this time last year, I saw the listing for screeners at a major airport near my city. You know how much they get paid?

Starting wage was $7.50/hr.

That's a hair above minimum wage, for people who are supposed to keep bombs, guns, terrorists, etc. off our planes.

I'm not surprised in the least that we hear horror stories like this, and strip-searched grandmas, and "confiscated" (read:stolen) electronics. The kind of people who would do such work for such a lousy wage aren't exactly the best and the brightest. Combine that general intellectual incompetence with the power rush of authority, and an overall lack of leadership and oversight, and quite likely a hint of resentment at how little they actually do get paid and how bad their likelihood of "moving up" is, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

You get what you pay for. That counts in labor as much as it does in anything else. If you're only willing to pay crap, expect to have crap working for you.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just read this on our Australian news.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident. I have a friend that has a pierced nipple and so far she has been treated with dignity through airport check points.

These guys should be disciplined for their actions

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Your post say's it all. I knew two screeners. One in Chicago and another in Greensboro, NC. Both worked in fast food before becoming a screener. They always felt like temporary workers with no advancement.

The guy in N.C eventually got a sex change and loved the thrill of using the wand on hot guys.

The other one was fast becoming a crackhead. He said you basically get bored with screening old people and annoying Griswald types and he alway's jumped on the chance to detain a hot girl or someone he didn't like just to jerk their chain.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What steams me about TSA screeners is that they give people who are obviously not terrorists a real hard time, yet if they ever came across a real terrorist, they would soil their pants and waddle their chubby butts as fast as they could in the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think they were being nasty and dumb. I also believe she should sue for so much it would go down in history!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
9/11 was an event designed to make people be willing to toss the constitution and the freedoms it guaranteed out the window.

The phony airport security is just there to convince people that the threat is real so that they'll continue to be willing to give up their freedoms.

To the degree that the terrorists were real; they won, our constitution is dead.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Hamlin filed a complaint, but the TSA's customer service manager at the Lubbock airport concluded the screening was handled properly, Allred said.

It doesn't look like she will be getting an apology. This is crazy.

I'm glad I don't fly.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Especially in the hand of a Barney Fife wanna be. Poor lady, what an outrage.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Even Barney Fife would treat peeps better than this.

The government could never make me feel safe. I'd rather drive my car and deal with things myself.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Agreed Jessica. The whole 911 lampoon was designed for this. To make us afraid of our own shadows and whispers in the wind. Glad their was no need for a laser cutter, sure they have one on hand for stubborn nipple rings.
Truth is so much stranger than fiction so often.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

It's to bad some stories such as this won't be posted on the news and mainly stays in the online realm until either the person forgets it, tries to forget it, or is "forced" to forget it. I shall fly no more after hearing that though, because who knows what else can start to become a terrorist weapon. Perhaps a Nintendo Wii will be the next thing

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What about Prince Albert's and other more personal piercings?
This could have been really embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
You know how much they get paid?

Starting wage was $7.50/hr.

That's a hair above minimum wage, for people who are supposed to keep bombs, guns, terrorists, etc. off our planes.

bing bing bing! we've hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by ColdWater
I knew two screeners. One in Chicago and another in Greensboro, NC. Both worked in fast food before becoming a screener. They always felt like temporary workers with no advancement.

so really, instead of all screeners being part of some NWO, they are just ex-fast food and minimum age workers (the type of people who may not be able to afford flying around on vacation). Now they are in charge of harassing people coming in from flights, and go through all of their stuff. The crabs-in-a-bucket mentality implies that anyone they see that's happy, well-off, or acting successful / jovial is prime candidate to be taken down a few notches.

The last time I went through a TSA checkpoint, the dumb screener lady didn't even know how to operate my laptop (which she was trying to search for illicit pictures on or something) - so any faith I may have had in her diffusing an actual situation flew out the window. well to be fair, I never had faith in the first place - but if I did, that would have been the nail in the coffin.

<<   2  3 >>

join