It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Administration considers McDonalds a manufacturing job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If you're only now waking up to the great lengths that this administration goes to in order to manufacture a positive perception of what is a very bleak situation brought on by their own hand....read on.

NYDailyNews.com
Fast-food jobs should not be considered service sector work because it actually is "combining inputs to manufacture a product" - and should be reclassified as manufacturing work, Gregory Mankiw wrote in the Bush administration's annual economic report.

"Unable to stop the hemorrhaging of American manufacturing jobs, the Bush administration is offering up some world-class job creation sleight of hand: Change the definition of what constitutes a manufacturing job," griped Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.).

So go forth and build America, your president's Chief Economist says you're helping our manufacturing job numbers by "Holding the pickle, holding the lettuce".

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So I expect that eating a Big Mac from now on could be classified as 'destruction of assets'?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
so if you can't make more jobs in a certain area, just redifine another job to take its place. if they do reclassefiy fast food workers, will they get the same type of pay?? i doubt it..it would just help to bring down the pay of legitamate manufacture workers..you know, since now there would be allllllllllllllllllllll these fast food..errr...manufacturing jobs around. just another attempt of the govt to keep the american population under control.....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
So I expect that eating a Big Mac from now on could be classified as 'destruction of assets'?

Dude, for some reason that struck me as really funny. My co-workers are staring.

GO BACK TO WORK YOU NINNIES!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well if eating a big mac is destruction of assets, then I'n slowly killing McDonald's every day or so. LOL. This is amazing. The extent that people will go for money. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

First, I thought that I was going to laugh. Then, I changed and thought that I was going to cry.

What's your opinion BT ? What do I have to do ? Laughing or crying ? Both of them may be ?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
so if you can't make more jobs in a certain area, just redifine another job to take its place.

Are you surprised? Do you think Bush really cares about the working illegal immigrants in this country or just counting their jobs as "new employment"? Look closely at everything Bush does and says...there's a motive.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by Bout Time

First, I thought that I was going to laugh. Then, I changed and thought that I was going to cry.

What's your opinion BT ? What do I have to do ? Laughing or crying ? Both of them may be ?

Cry for my country under this sort of criminal leadership, and then laugh in our shared joy of removing it from the World stage.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
that news went over reeeeally well* around here, considering most of MI is built on the now-disappearing manufacturing jobs. because, you know, it's really possible to support a family on two McDonald's salaries.

*or not

top topics

join