It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Generation of Cage Fighters, Starting at Age 6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ultimate fighting was once the sole domain of burly men who beat each other bloody in anything-goes brawls on pay-per-view TV.
But the sport often derided as "human cockfighting" is branching out.

Missouri is currently the only state which explicitly allows the youth fights. In some states it is a misdemeanor for children to participate while other states have no regulations at all regarding youth cagefighting.

Members of the "Garage Boys Fight Crew" range from age 6 to 14 and even include a girl. The members fight in a garage where Rudy Lindsey, a professional MMA fighter, trains the children. The fights prohibit elbows and head strikes on a downed fighter.

The question I have is. Why in a cage?
I personally support fight training, but cage fighting is very specific, and really exists in part so the fighters can do more damage to each other and for entertainment makes it more like the Roman gladiators, and sense of no escape type of deal.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As a former Ring/cage fighter, I am in disgust about this.
Kids don't belong in a ring, nor should be encouraged to fight. Period.

The point of this type of competition is not for self perfection, not for self growth, not for much of anything useful in life really.

People that would allow there children to do this at such a young age are stupid. Period.

Training in the fighting arts is very useful and I am in great support of this type of training for everyone. And through this training the primitive urge to "Take Out" others is either greatly reduced or greatly enhanced.

And, based on their mentality, the choice to enter into such events can be there own when they are of acceptable age.

join