It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pregnant with child?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Man pregnant with child?

www.news.com.au

A TRANSGENDER man says he is five months pregnant with a baby girl.

Oregon resident Thomas Beatie told the The Advocate that carrying a daughter for his wife, Nancy, and himself was an "incredible" experience.

But a Portland television station that has been investigating the story has questioned the veracity of Mr Beatie's claims
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just wondering what everyone on here thought about this guy and wether or not you think its a hoax. Tell me if you think it is or isn't a hoax and please explain why. I was wondering myself if this was even possible. My uneducated guess would be no. Anybody know any diffrent?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Man oh man. Why's it gotta be an Oregonian...sheesh.

Well, guess it doesn't matter anyway since it's a crock.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And he's not a man by birth - but rather, transgendered. He had a sex operation but kept his female organs.

So while it's an intriguing line to ponder, in the end, biologically, he's still female enough to bear a child.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Different stokes for different folks.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So what. c section? The alternatives dont look good.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Lol... pregnant man... she wishes!

I guess you can change what you look like on the outside, but the plumbing is still intact.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchMagic

that's a hoax

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How does one fertilize a woman with guy parts anyway? Does he have both or something?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Man o man I dont know what to say on this subject. Certainly the child will be an interesting specimen. Of this social expirement

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Lets see if I can get this straightened out...

Mr Beatie, born a woman, has had a chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy, but decided to keep his female reproductive organs.

This person still has the female reproductive organs, and thus is a woman, and last time I checked, women are able to become pregnant. He/she stopped taking the testosterone therapy and began ovulating once again.

Now the question I have is, "Who fertilized the ovum?"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The headline is misleading, not on the OP's part but in general and on every website that has posted this, No mater how much She wants to be, Genetically she was born and always will be female, Sorry to ruin your day lady but you're not a man, much less a pregnant one.

You're a pregnant women, nothing more, you're not special, women get pregnant every day.

Now if you were born with both female and male fully functional independent parts and you managed to get yourself pregnant, Then we would have a headline but until then sorry you fail.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's a hoax? Dang it....I had a good line to throw out on that one too.

Ok...I'll say it anyway. What I was gonna say was....

That'll hurt like the dick-ens

I thought it was funny...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Jen, the pregnant man in the link I was replying to was a hoax. the article in the op actually links to it as well.

the transgender in the op's article is a woman and, therefore, capable of carrying a child. or so it seems.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ok so its a hoax? How is this "guy" legally a male if he doesnt have a tool. What defines someone legally as a male then? I would guess having a male anatomy would be the only way to legally be a male but that doesnt seem to be the case. So what is his deal?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Now if you were born with both female and male fully functional independent parts and you managed to get yourself pregnant, Then we would have a headline but until then sorry you fail.

did you just tell her to go (snip) herself?

Let's see how that headline would read...

Hermaphrodite told to go (snip) themselves, does, and gets pregnant! exclusive interview!

jensouth31: LMAO I got it. Joke not wasted.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
And he's not a man by birth - but rather, transgendered. He had a sex operation but kept his female organs.

I thought that too...

SO lets try to get this story straight.... because the article doesn't make it clear... probaly becasue it would'nt be PC to tell us the story striaght...

Lets just call the Human that is Pregnat Person X.

Theroy:

Person X was born a Female
Person X decided that she didn't want to be a female anymore
Person X decided that she wanted to be a Man
Perosn X starts acting like a man
Person X has obtained a mental disorder, in which She, thinks shes a man
Now Person X, becomes pregnat, like any female can, but acording to her mental disoder, she thinks she is a man, so this is come Realy strange thing...

So its wither a Dirct hoax, by the person
Or a direct Hoax by the News to (blank) with our heads, and infect the minds of our children
Or this is just another case of a idiot person, whose brain cannot reason...

Thats all...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I know it's a hoax...I was just being silly. At least sombody besides me thought my joke was funny. Thanks WUK!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
It's a hoax? Dang it....I had a good line to throw out on that one too.

Ok...I'll say it anyway. What I was gonna say was....

That'll hurt like the dick-ens

I thought it was funny...

I don't care who yew are but that there's funny!

I don't know if it's appropo to ask who the daddy is.

Prego man evolves.

<<   2 >>

join