It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Message to Climate Change deniers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I haven't seen anyone expose anything.

Did you read the link about the errors in his film? Okay .. now on to him making a ton of money off this global warming thing ....

here's one

and another link

one more

Just some info for ya' to chew on. The guy is making a fortune.
Hey, I'm not against someone making money. I'm all for it.
BUT .. the way he made $$$ seriously muddys the waters on his agenda.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
[more

And here's a list of the 35 major errors and scare story's.

Ok, it seems a little biassed, but not nearly as biassed as the pro AGW sites are.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
And here's a list of the 35 major errors and scare story's.

Fantastic! I have to say .. I'm agreeing with both you and Blaine all the way on this one. Ya'll are getting stars and stars from me today!

Most folks agree the earth is getting warmer.
The problem is when people point the finger at humans.
The science isn't there.
Their chief spokesperson - Al Gore - has serious credibility problems.
The deeper you dig into Al Gore and the $$$ .. the spookier it gets.

edited to add - his notion of 'carbon credits' and buying and selling carbon offsets ... YIKES!!

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

I don't have to, I'll post the article in the paper when I get off work.

Just because Europe jacked-up their environment doesn't mean the the rest of us are teetering on the edge. It's not the worlds fault that Europeans live in dirty, crowded, stinky cities and you can't go more than 20 miles in any direction without running into another dirty, crowded, stinky city.

Climate change is related to solar activity and Magnetosphere degradation. It may even be Related to the Heliosphere. Or whats happening to the Heliosphere is the cause of the last 2. This would be why you are seeing dramatic warming on all planets all across the solar system right now.

If you think the sun has no affect on climate, you've lost your mind. We could do a test, lets turn off the sun and pump tons of CO2 in the atmosphere, if you're right it'll be nice and cozy, if I'm right you'd be dead.

I like how "global warming" is called "climate change" now. It's because you guys looked at the data and saw that your stupid human caused global warming theory was wrong, because the data was not reflecting what your fixed computer models proposed, so you renamed it, to give you a monopoly on every flood, drought, hurricane, and tornado on earth. Pretty clever really.

There is no doubt that the climate changes, all the time, without our help. You asking how climate change couldn't be human caused if the temps are still rising. The temps rose after the last ice without the help of an industrial revolution, so get over it. Besides, global temps are not increasing, they are in fact, decreasing. An Australian Scientist found this recently, of course the climate change cultists automatically went into anger mode and shunned her as much as they could. I'll post the link when I get off work. But you guys already have that covered! I saw that movie, "Day After Tomorrow". Thats when instead of Global Warming causing Droughts and famines, it goes back on it's word, changes it's costume and becomes super massive global cooling!!!!! All because of a Gas my dog is farting in his sleep right now, that was supposed to make it unbearably hot.

What......a........bunch......of........crap.

Use your brain, thats what it's there for. Nah, you know what, I'm not going to post you anything, Take this opportunity to think for yourself and do some independent research without getting some political movement drilled into your head. At least you would be able to honestly say, "I looked at the all the available data, and I made up my mind". Problem is, most cultists are not smart enough to the know what data is accurate or not. So they tend to side with the trendy sensationalism group of boy bands and celebrities that know even less than they do. What a mess.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well FF there had to be a subject we agreed on somewhere

I'm just amazed that more people don't question this, and yet the same people here on ATS (some, not all) are always calling others sheep for not seeing what they do.

Human nature I guess.

I've known about gore and his scams for years - the guys a complete fraud and now he wants to marginalise all those who disagree by labelling them nutjobs.
That said he does seem to have a talent for disinformation

I've also bookmarked your links to use in future if you don't mind - not just here, but for arguments in the pub as well

[edit on 28/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

In spite of your tormented rant, in the next few years you'll eat your words.. that's a guarantee. Whatever it is about your resentment toward Al Gore's attempt at using politics as an avenue to a greater awareness about this runaway freight train, it's all just holding you back.

So, Al Gore makes money in politics.. he's only human.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Long time reader. Great site.. yada yada yada.

I am not here to say that GW is real or that it is or is not man made. I am not a scientist etc. Each of the sites below are pretty much agreeing with the latest IPCC report. Quotes and links to the original sites are below.

I am just curious how this is explained by some of you.

American Geophysical Union – “best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases”

American Institute of Physics – “Human activities are increasingly altering the Earth's climate.”

American Astronomical Society – “greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which is significantly contributing to the warming of the global climate.”

American Physical Society – “Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere”

US Climate Change Science Program – “show clear evidence of human influences on the climate System”

National Center for Atmospheric Research – “the scientific consensus on what is known and what is still uncertain”
American Association for the Advancement of Science – “global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now”

Geological Society of London – “Global climate change is increasingly recognised as the key threat to the continued development”

Geological Society of America – “scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing”

American Chemical Society – “the Earth’s climate system is changing rapidly in response to growing atmospheric burdens of greenhouse gases”

Institution of Engineers Australia – “climate change as an economic, social and environmental risk”
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society – “discernible human influence on global climate”

European Geosciences Unionn

American Association of State Climatologists

National Academy of Sciences – “Climate change is real”

National Academy of Sciences – “most climate scientists, Earth’s warming in recent decades has been caused primarily by human activities that have increased the amount of greenhouse gases”

Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society (UK).

American Meteorological Society – “now clear evidenc

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The saddest part of this whole thing is that this is one of those rare issues where most everyone agrees. Keeping us at odds with each other must be a high priority for the powers that be.

Thank you to everyone for the links. Lots of good information on this thread.

The sun is shining. The sky is blue and clear today. I'm off to get some of it all over me. I have the day off

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

Thats your reply? I never said a word about Al Gore. Ok I'll eat my words in a few years. When the Earth is burnt to a cinder, or the earth is a ball of ice. Doesn't matter which one it is, cause like I said, You got Scientists on your side that could disprove gravity, and They'll find a way to fit either scenario into your cult. They practically already have.

Spoken like a typical alarmist. Go hold your "The End is Nigh" sign up down at the street corner. Impose your stupid carbon Tax, and doom the entire third world into poverty forever with it. What a humanitarian you are. When I get off work, I'm going to burn a few tires in your honor. Oh the Horror.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis
In spite of your tormented rant,

Avaroth spoke very well. Fantabulous in fact.

So, Al Gore makes money in politics.. he's only human.

No Kinesis. He's not 'making money in politics'. If he were making money while being a public servant in politics I would have no problem with that. Everyone has to earn a respectable living.

He's making money off a scam on the world. Didn't you read any of those links? He's investing in these companies and pushing 'carbon credits' and he's wanting to buy and sell carbon credits and carbon offsets around the world.

He's making money off a movie and a book that lie.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't read links posted by others. I don't like people offering up work for me to do.

Did you have a quote you wanted me to read? Post it up. Why would you post multiple links instead of just quoting your point of view, or typing it out and referencing?

I don't throw work in your face, please have the same respect for me.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Scientists are people

people need money, and some want careers

AGW is massively funded

Scientists are people

people need money

get the picture?

of course the same is true for the other side, but there is less hysteria surrounding that.

There's also a rather curious effect in any science that doesn't use some sort of "blind" method:
If the desired outcome of an experiment or model is known, then the experiment or model will correspond to the desired outcome, no matter how honest the scientist.

Unconscious bias?
perhaps, but a curious effect all the same

[edit on 28/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClatuVerataNecktie
I am just curious how this is explained by some of you.

Thank you for your links Clatu.

19,000 scientists have braved being fired, or having their funding cut, to state that there is no clear connection between humans and global warming. Also - there are links provided into proper reading of greenhouse gases .. etc etc.

here are some links for you. Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't read links posted by others. I don't like people offering up work for me to do.

You have got to be kidding!

Why would you post multiple links ...

That's what you are SUPPOSED to do. ATS does NOT want people massively posting quotes. You get warned for that sort of thing. They WANT us to post links. It saves on Bandwidth for ATS.

Sublime .. it's not that hard .. really .. you can do it. Just point and click.
ALL the information and educational material is sitting right there when you open the link.

oy

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
One more thing: I don't really see how ONE YEAR of colder than normal temperatures in SOME places could completely eradicate a century of warming. One year is a drop in the bucket and is only 1% of the total temperatures in the past century.

The past 150 years of recorded weather history is a drop in the bucket compared to the 4.5 billion years of the Earth's weather history. They aren't even a second on a cosmological timescale. We simply don't have nearly enough recorded weather history to make an accurate judgment on whether or not the Earth is heating or cooling.

The Earth has been warming since the last ice age.

The Earth has been cooling ever since it was formed.

It's convenient to classify the past decade as a "warming period" in order to stimulate governments and corporations to dump billions of dollars into "green energy" that you make money off of. Al Gore is a con artist. The FACT is, ever since the formation of Earth, we have been experiencing global cooling. The Earth is a much cooler place than it was millions and billions of years ago, and it will continue to get cooler until the sun reaches its next phase and begins burning much hotter, assuming that theory is even correct.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Newsweek April 28th 1975 DANGER: GLOBAL COOLING

30 years ago, the danger was global cooling.

Now, the danger is global warming.

The climate is constantly changing. The only thing that has never changed is the gullibility of the human race. Everyone that believes in Al Gore's trash is nothing but a sucker. Sorry.

Click on the picture to read the full article.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Off the 35 major errors, I picked the first one I thought I could offer up any sort of debunk:

National Geographic agrees that Ice Sheet is melting

The Greenland ice sheet is melting three times faster today than it was five years ago, according to a new study.

The finding adds to evidence of increased global warming in recent years and indicates that melting polar ice sheets are pushing sea levels higher, the authors report.

According to the study, Greenland ice loss now amounts to more than 48 cubic miles (200 cubic kilometers) each year.

The team found that Greenland is now losing between 52 and 63 cubic miles (216 and 262 cubic kilometers) of ice mass each year.

The current wasting is about three times the rate gleaned from an earlier study of the first two years of GRACE data.

Jay Zwally is a glaciologist with the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.

He agrees that Greenland ice loss has accelerated in recent years.

But based on he and his colleagues' unpublished analysis of the latest GRACE data, he believes the current ice loss rate is less than half what Chen's team reports.

Nevertheless, he says, Greenland does appear to be losing more ice mass than it gains.

"I would say Greenland now is beginning to contribute significantly to sea level rise," Zwally said. "There's been a significant change in a relatively short period of time."

As methods for analyzing GRACE data are refined and combined with other techniques, scientists will reach agreement over just how quickly the continent is wasting away, Zwally adds.

Look, it's not like he's bold-faced lying. Every documentary that has ever existed gets the same heat.

Facts can be twisted, and most documentaries contain at least a few - some more than others. Perhaps Gore stretches the truth to push his agenda. Let's face the facts though, the Earth is warming - man made or not - and it will affect us all.

Al Gore is not to blame for that. Who cares if he's right about the reason? I just want to know what we're going to do when the snowpacks disappear:

California snowpack disappearing

This is a world wide problem, and it's larger than just sea levels. Al Gore? Who's that? I just want water.

reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Once again, people like you fail to miss the point. Post up any statistic you want, we are going to water shortages that could be more serious than any of us expected. Maybe it is a cycle, who cares... it's bigger than just Al Gore.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Once again, people like you fail to miss the point.

Nobody 'like us' missed the point.
At this time the earth is warming. We already said that.
The POINT is that Al Gore can not point at humans as the cause.
The science isn't solid to back it up.

Maybe it is a cycle, who cares...

You should. We all should.

1 - Al Gore is going around the planet scamming people out of tons of money claiming it isn't a cycle. While we are all buying into that, the truth is being lost. While we are all buying into that our money is going into Al's pocket.

2 - Finding the reason for why the earth is warming will help us to either slow/stop it OR adjust our living to be able to survive it.

Just adopting the 'global warming is the fault of humans' mantra does NOT help us to get a hold of it OR to survive it.

[edit on 3/28/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I see your points, but there is substantial evidence that the icesheets are melting at a VERY low rate, if at all - it depends where you measure them.
Some parts melt, others expand.

I undersatnd as well your points about the environment as a whole, and I don't think anyone here is seriously arguing that changes are not needed.
BUT, I think the OP is very valid - al bore is a fake and a charlatan.

Do you remember his outrage at the tobacco industry at a time when it was popular?
He grew up on a tobacco plantation and was still receiving money from them and tobacco lobbyists at the time...

Hypocrisy of al gore is the name of the game

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You're right, finding the solution will help. I didn't realize attacking Al Gore was the solution, my bad.

I figured science, mixed with a media campaign would help with that. All along, all we had to do was go online and whine about Al Gore.

Great job.

I guess the environment is okay then!

*Edit:

May I ask how our money got into his pocket? Serious question. I'd like to know more info on that if you have some.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Sublime620]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join