It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Message to Climate Change deniers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Thank you for your support and kind words, Gorman91.

I'd like to go back to the original post, and make some comments regarding Al Gore's insults to those that don't believe in his theory and conclusions.

First of all, if someone believes in something that they think will have dire consequences for the world, unless things change, you would think that such persons would begin living their lives to try to change things. Specifically, if Al gore believes that carbon emissions are the cause of alleged global-warming, then he personally should do everything he can to stop contributing to carbon emissions.
Let's look at his actions though:

www.usatoday.com...

Public records reveal that as Gore lectures Americans on excessive consumption, he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. (He also has a third home in Carthage, Tenn.) For someone rallying the planet to pursue a path of extreme personal sacrifice, Gore requires little from himself.

Then there is the troubling matter of his energy use. In the Washington, D.C., area, utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy. In Nashville, similar programs exist. Utility customers must simply pay a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour, and they can continue living their carbon-neutral lifestyles knowing that they are supporting wind energy. Plenty of businesses and institutions have signed up. Even the Bush administration is using green energy for some federal office buildings, as are thousands of area residents.

But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use green energy in either of his large residences. When contacted Wednesday, Gore's office confirmed as much but said the Gores were looking into making the switch at both homes. Talk about inconvenient truths.

And, from:

stoptheaclu.com...

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

Are the above the actions of someone who really BELIEVES the things that he says about global warming?
Furthermore, does someone that engages in the above, have the RIGHT to criticize others for doing the same thing?
Actions speak LOUDER than words. Gore's words may say one thing, but his ACTIONS SHOUT OUT that the inconvenient truth is his way of life..
I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ProfEmeritus, I could not agree with you more. Al Gore has become the focal point of a quasi-religion which he himself fails to practise. I fear he will poison the coming generation to the point where the truth will become totally inconvenient, and unknown.

Climate change is occurring but humans are not the root cause. It has happened many times before in varying degrees with different results. The only difference is that there were no enviro-whack-nuts preaching the sky is falling after every conscious breath.

They need to sit back, relax, and learn to take life less seriously. Humans are simply not that important in cosmic terms.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Cynic]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

How about forgetting Al Gore is promoting awareness for Climate Change? It's obvious you're not concerned about the environment. If had a genuine concern for what ìs going on, you'd look into what kind of toxins are being put in the air. Thick smog over cities, chem trails forming over coastal regions, blind attempts to rid the air of pollution by dumping silver ionized aerosols in an attempt to covering it all up.

Can you do some independant thinking, or are you stuck chasing the CO2 decoy that Al Gore is promoting? It's not Al Gore's fault, he does what he thinks is right, but it's up to you to look beyond that and evaluate the condition of the planet for yourself. Passing it off as a cycle that will clear itself it a cop-out. Maybe you're in a repetitive mindset, and you don't know any better but to gripe about how far off the politicians are from knowing what is really happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

It's obvious you're not concerned about the environment.

You OBVIOUSLY never read my original post. Let me repeat it for you:

IT is not whether mankind is polluting the earth. I doubt that many people would doubt that, so when some posters make comments indicating that man is trashing the environment(my paraphrase), I can agree, BUT that does not mean that I have to buy into man causing global warming, or even WHETHER there is global warming.

Does that sound like someone that is not concerned about the environment?

I wish that those of you who are so gung ho regarding Global Warming, would STOP AND LISTEN to what WE are saying, not what you THINK.
Of course, I am concerned about the environment. But buying into what I truly believe is a lie, does NOT show concern for the environment.

In fact, global warming, if it is occurring, is not the threat that Gore says it is.
Again, from:
www.purgit.com...

One of the best-kept secrets in the global warming debate is that the plant life of Planet Earth would benefit greatly from a higher level of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere.You read that correctly. Flowers, trees, and food crops love carbon dioxide, and the more they get of it, the more they love it. Carbon dioxide is the basic raw material that plants use in photosynthesis to convert solar energy into food, fiber, and other forms of biomass. Voluminous scientific evidence shows that if CO2 were to rise above its current ambient level of 360 parts per million, most plants would grow faster and larger because of more efficient photosynthesis and a reduction in water loss. There would also be many other benefits for plants, among them greater resistance to temperature extremes and other forms of stress, better growth at low light intensities, improved root/top ratios, less injury from air pollutants, and more nutrients in the soil as a result of more extensive nitrogen fixation.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

By the way, the following:
www.lindafrum.com...
interview by your very own Linda Frum of Canada's National Post newspaper is very instructive. She interviewed Professor Richard Lindzen, an atmospheric physicist and the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT.

I urge you to read the entire interview. I will just quote one Q & A that, I think, explains why Al Gore is REALLY pushing his "inconvenient lie:

Q How cynical do you think Gore is?

A It's hard for me to tell. I think he's either cynical or crazy. But he has certainly cashed in on something. And 'cash in' is the word. The movie has cleared $50-million. He charges $100,000-$150,000 a lecture. He's co-founder of Global Investment Management, which invests in solar and wind and so on. So he is literally shilling for his own companies. And he's on the on the board of Lehman Brothers who want to be the primary brokerage for emission permits.

At $150,000 a lecture, I can understand why he's pushing his lie.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's good you made yourself clear. Personally, I'm not concerned with Al Gore's revenue, he'll make his money one way or another.

What I am concerned about is what lengths some will go to cover up their air pollution.

This is how bacteria will be transferred by cloud seeding:
Bioaerosol characterization

The following link is misleading. You're told that cloud seeding will alleviate drout, while at the same time "it may be an exaggeration to attribute all of the increase to cloud seeding". It seems a huge waste of resources with more than 3,800 rocket launchers, about 7,000 antiaircraft guns and many airplanes, at the expense of 413 million yuan (US$49 million).
China's attempt at alleviating drout

Cloud Seeding Fails to Ease Drought

How Pollution Suppresses Rain

Soil silver content of agricultural areas

They assume that there won't be high enough concentrations of silver in the soil, while at the same time they acknowledge its harmful effects. Now you tell me what scientists are the hypocrites. Lack of long-term research makes even these scientists guilty!
THE SILVER ION IS AMONG THE MOST TOXIC OF HEAVY METAL IONS, PARTICULARLY TO MICROORGANISMS AND TO FISH. THE EASE WITH WHICH AG FORMS INSOLUBLE COMPOUNDS, HOWEVER, REDUCES ITS IMPORTANCE AS AN ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINANT. AG IS NOT LIKELY TO CONCENTRATE TO HARMFUL LEVELS THROUGH EITHER TERRESTRIAL OR AQUATIC FOOD CHAINS. THERE IS SOME POSSIBILITY THAT AG FROM CLOUD SEEDING WILL RETARD GROWTH OF ALGAE, FUNGI, BACTERIA, AND FISH IN FRESH WATER
EC OLOGICAL EFFECTS OF SILVER IODIDE

In my opinion, Al Gore should be the least of our worries. I believe it's the people who promote cloud seeding who are blind to the obvious!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis

Originally posted by Gorman91
cloud seeding seems a wee bit "meh"

A little meteor 65 million years ago pumped IMMENSE pollution into the air. Bacteria got to it, trees cleaned it, and everything returned to normal on its own in a few millennial. With human influence, it can be a decade and it's fixed.

That's a pretty dismissive opinion. Too many people make the same assumptions you do. 65 millions years ago, whatever meteors hit this planet wasn't cleaned up in a couple of decades, that's for sure. Trees don't spring up overnight with the threat of encroachment, and dead animals of extinct species don't suddenly spring to life, like some Walt Disney cartoon.

Oh by all means that's true, but as I said, humans control, so we can change it instantly. I don't exactly see this showing global warming true though, as cities only influence local climate, not global. But humans could easily control the global environment if they wished it. IE, your cloud seeding.

Also, I do see meteorites and seeding clouds and pollution as the same. They all have the same deathly effect on us. The only issue is how big of an effect do we have. Are there cells that eat those cloud chemicals that we know not exist? There certainly are CO2 eating bacteria. And could we not just make life to handle these issues with bioengineering?

We can just put CO2 muncher's genes into airborne bacteria, and wamo, you're good. Well, you kill of the trees because they get no CO2, but you should be able to somehow control things.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say "precious" little left of the environment. After all, we only occupy a tine part of the planet. Spread out everywhere yes, but our biggest land marks are farms mainly. Our Pollution, most of it, can be made into fuels and food for other life. Bioengineering bamboo genes into trees to make them grow fast for more wood, thus allowing natural forests to grow.

For instance, cattle-like dinosaurs roamed the Earth for 500 million years, pumping God only know how much Methane. Earth made it out fine though.

All I'm saying, I guess, Is don't doubt a 4.5 billion year old self-sustaining system.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Also, I wouldn't exactly say "precious" little left of the environment. After all, we only occupy a tine part of the planet. Spread out everywhere yes, but our biggest land marks are farms mainly. Our Pollution, most of it, can be made into fuels and food for other life. Bioengineering bamboo genes into trees to make them grow fast for more wood, thus allowing natural forests to grow.

For instance, cattle-like dinosaurs roamed the Earth for 500 million years, pumping God only know how much Methane. Earth made it out fine though.

All I'm saying, I guess, Is don't doubt a 4.5 billion year old self-sustaining system.

I'm referring to today. They know the harmful effects of fluoride in drinking water. Now an aerosol that binds silver, lead, mercury, sulfur, and every other industrial airborn toxin will precipitate on our lakes, rivers and ground. It will be a slow painful death to the ecosystem. When these scientists and politicians wake up to the reality, the irreversible damage will already have been done. What difference does "sorry" make, when there's toxic acidic rust residue covering whole landscapes, poisoning lakes, and eroding wood building structures, collapsing roofs.. the list goes on.

When the upper atmosphere reaches a critical mass and these "black fallout clouds" start looming over the heads of every living being.. tell me, how much money is going to save you? How long can anyone hide? Who is there to forgive, when everyone in power is to blame?

I'm going off like this because this is very real. China plans on spreading this stuff over its entire country in preparation for the Olympics. Nobody can ignore this. Carbon Dioxide levels are just a distraction, Al Gore's profits are just there to get you stumped on the wrong issue. This is real.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Global Warming does not exist. It never has and never will. What you see are the normal, I repeat, normal heating and cooling cycles that this beautiful planet has under gone for eons. We have been a whole helluva lot hotter and a whole helluva lot colder in times past. I don't believe we had SUV's back then or factories either.

Good night everyone!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

I really don't like the term "irreversible change". History shows this term doesn't exist. And with modern tech, you can really get anything to do the job.

For instance, we could engineer little bacteria to eat these things in the air, package them into organic sacks, and drop them down for us to gather and disperse away.

Or, if it is already in the ground, we could engineer a beetle that eats these metals along with its normal diet, and then transfers them to its back structure(basically telling it to make a metallic exoskeleton). Then the beetles could be collected, and destroyed.

Or ever better, and surly more efficient, we could engineer trees that feed on these poisons, and then package them into large seeds (perhaps steal the coconut DNA code?). Then we would just pick the seeds and destroy them.

So in conclusion, never say never. This earth has graced us with life. Life we can alter to do our bidding.

hehe, this kind of reminds me of a planet I'm creating a fake documentary on in a 3d editor(the one in my avatar).

A meteor hits the planet and poisons the world with lead poisoning and blasts its atmosphere away, opening up the planet to solar radiation.

To compensate, life went underground, and evolved an immunity to lead. The it evolved lead in its skin, creating solar radiation protection built in.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

It's probably affecting the braincells adversely, all this smog you speak of.

I couldn't give very much of a damn whether "Global Warming" is an existing phenomenon or not.

What bothers me is how many people born in the last ten-to-thirty years have asthma, how much dirt we are inhaling daily, how we have turned to science to cure a disease that science has created only to discover that science doesn't have the answer, how our oil and coal supplies are dwindling away to nothing, how no one has taken the long-overdue first step towards intorducing renewable energy, how after years of protest and picket a Labour government in England is planning an all-out nuclear assault on our power-supply problems, how fish are dying in our seas and poisoning people when they're caught, cooked and eaten, how sea levels are demonstrably rising, how storms are unseasonably pervasive and destructive, how diseases in cattle that can cause damage to humans are created by humans by mistreating their cattle, how nations are starving because farmers are farming inappropriately, how ice caps are melting and chilling the gulf stream, how wars are being waged in the name of democracy by dictatorships, how cars stand still with their engines running over far longer durations than those taken for the moving parts of their journeys, how aircraft are sapping the oxygen from the air as quickly as our depleting forestry can produce it, how nobody who will read this will read it all and of those who do, only one or two won't know all these things already and of those one or two, none will do anything about it or change their ways or stop denying that the world is changing and it's still just within our power to help it change in such a way that we are still alive when it's done.

That's what I think.

[edit on 1/4/08 by hidatsa]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Global Warming does not exist. It never has and never will. What you see are the normal, I repeat, normal heating and cooling cycles that this beautiful planet has under gone for eons. We have been a whole helluva lot hotter and a whole helluva lot colder in times past. I don't believe we had SUV's back then or factories either.

Good night everyone!

You can go to sleep.. you're a daydreamer anyway.

There is a problem with the warming of polar regions which is melting permifrost. Places in Siberia, Antarctica, and Iceland are noticing the receeding glaciers.

You're just on ATS to throw rocks at issues like a kid with a mud all over his face. You're always misrepresenting the facts, and you make light of how serious the problem is.

Go back to sleep!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hidatsa
how cars stand still with their engines running over far longer durations than those taken for the moving parts of their journeys, how aircraft are sapping the oxygen from the air as quickly as our depleting forestry can produce it, how nobody who will read this will read it all and of those who do, only one or two won't know all these things already and of those one or two, none will do anything about it or change their ways or stop denying that the world is changing and it's still just within our power to help it change in such a way that we are still alive when it's done.

That's what I think.

Our thoughts are on the same page. The coin phrase "Global Warming" has been made out to be somebody's cash-cow, but seriously I'm not going to ignore what's really at stake here.

For the most part, the US, Canada and Mexico have become more "consume & discard" than "recycle & renew" with NAFTA in place. We import all these second-rate products from China, then fill out landsites, poison our water and pollute the air like these good times are going to last forever. The startling thing is, nobody's doing anything about it, and by the time people see the environment falling apart at the seams , the damage will be irreversible.

What am I getting at? Cloud seeding. China is the worst, because that country is saturating their skies with silver ionized aerosols to blanket the industrial pollution that's suffocating their cities. Why would we care what China does? The same lame attempts at covering up pollution is done here too.

So, the experts all agree that putting silver ionized aerosols in the air is a good idea. It doesn't eliminate drout. The aerosols bond with toxins like mercury, sulfur, lead at up to 100x its weight, so that our lakes, rivers and soil are all laced with the stuff.

Preliminary studies showed that aqueous suspensions of Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Salmonella typhimurium can be obtained by mixing them with a nanocolloidal suspension of silver.

Chem trails are beginning to form in jet streams which include the chemical ingredients in conventional jet fuel spray include kerosene, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, soot particulate, carbon monoxide, and toxins such as benzene and formaldehyde.
Aerosol Pollutant Cause Disease

History of Aerosol and Weather Related Technologies

One website I was at, flat out lies to the people about the effects of silver. "Solid silver is almost completely biologically inert, and even if ingested, would pass through the human body without being absorbed into tissues." Toxic Metals

THE SILVER ION IS AMONG THE MOST TOXIC OF HEAVY METAL IONS, PARTICULARLY TO MICROORGANISMS AND TO FISH. AG IS NOT LIKELY TO CONCENTRATE TO HARMFUL LEVELS THROUGH EITHER TERRESTRIAL OR AQUATIC FOOD CHAINS. THERE IS SOME POSSIBILITY THAT AG FROM CLOUD SEEDING WILL RETARD GROWTH OF ALGAE, FUNGI, BACTERIA, AND FISH IN FRESH WATER; ADDITIONAL LABORATORY INVESTIGATIONS ARE NEEDED. INHIBITION OF AQUATIC MICROORGANISMS WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE CYCLE THAT RETURNS ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS TO THE WATER. AG IN AIR AND WATER SHOULD BE REGULARLY MONITORED. EF FECTS OF SILVER IODIDE

Seriously, being aware of the danger silver iodide can pose to the environment, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to stop cloud seeding now? We know the effects of fluoride in drinking water. It doesn't kill us right away, but those who live in our future will suffer horrendously. Does anybody care, or should we all go to sleep??

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

hehe, this kind of reminds me of a planet I'm creating a fake documentary on in a 3d editor(the one in my avatar).

A meteor hits the planet and poisons the world with lead poisoning and blasts its atmosphere away, opening up the planet to solar radiation.

To compensate, life went underground, and evolved an immunity to lead. The it evolved lead in its skin, creating solar radiation protection built in.

Your whole hypothesis is fake. You have no idea what you're saying, with engineering microbes and beetles. Ignorance is no excuse for lack of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Global Warming is an overused term Global Climate Change is more accurate.

Just look at the last 20 years average mean temperature records.

Also, the evidence suggest that there is a cycle, and my belief is that we are enhancing the cycle. Anyone who denies that out industrialized culture doesn't have an effect on the enviroment is parsing out the facts they don't like.

Have you read the Pentagon's paper on Global Climate Change? Ya think maybe they see a strategic importance to all this? Why would they write a paper if this didn't exist?

Also, I've seen several of those Giant GE windmill blades and generators going down the highway on huge rigs. Seems to me, someone sonewhere is taking a lot of effort to ensure we are clean & green. (of course I look at the Geo-Political reasons for this as well).

Might just be a big PR spin, but a lot of huge companies are into green energy now. So the evidence must be overwhelming to the big CEO types.
Goverment wil follow next.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

According to this source gore has 3 homes, and travels regularly by private jet and that's before we even look at his record regarding depleted uranium
I've already covered his tobacco connections - cynically denouncing it whilst still raking in the cash from a tobacco farm.
Here's some info on Gore as a phony

If you ain't gonna walk the walk, get out of my face and off my TV and stop telling me what's right and wrong.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Quit bringin the heat!

I still say, even with blaring contradictions in his lifestyle versus politics, his politics produce more good than bad.

So I may not be friends with him, but I can stand him.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

If it were just confined to the US then that would be one thing - but he's basically saying that anyone worldwide who doesn't agree with his flawed "theory" is a nut job.

It's already been shown that climate change drives CO2, not the other way round as al bore says - but we're nutters for not believing him apparently.

So in my eyes, that makes him fair game.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Oh he's a public official... he's fair game. I much prefer this kind of talk than other threads like: "Is Obama racist against his own grandma" or "Hillary hates women" (okay, I made the second one up).

Check this one out for an example, Budski:
Judge Tosses Whites Out of Court

Now the url sounds bad, but check this out:

He saw a court room full of around 99% black defendants. He asked their white lawyers to leave the room and then asked them, "What are you doing with your lives?"

He was chastising them! People are now saying he's racist. rofl

So please, let's continue this discussion. At least we are arguing about things that matter and make sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

According to this source gore has 3 homes, and travels regularly by private jet and that's before we even look at his record regarding depleted uranium
I've already covered his tobacco connections - cynically denouncing it whilst still raking in the cash from a tobacco farm.
Here's some info on Gore as a phony

If you ain't gonna walk the walk, get out of my face and off my TV and stop telling me what's right and wrong.

I see what you're saying. Al Gore comes out with a movie that takes everybody by surprise. He's even got The Inconvenient Truth on Wikipedia, so everybody recognizes him, that he's grandstanding instead of battling the cause. Somebody who can stand in front of the people, lobby for broadening and commercialization of the Internet, and then gets the big payoff in spite of his having NO EFFECT on nature of the cause. On top of that, he'll hop on his jet and get a photo opportunity at some banquet.

Clap politely now
, we wouldn't want to offend anybody's livelyhood.

Okay.. so Al Gore is a hypocrite.

Cloud seeding is not a mask for air pollution. In may work in your house, but don't do it to your ecosystem for God's sake! Silver ionized aerosols will grant a slow dead to the next few generations.

Bioaerosol characterization

EC OLOGICAL EFFECTS OF SILVER IODIDE

Chemtrails In The Skies

China's efforts to make cloud seeding a success isn't going as planned. In spite of the lack of predictable results, their government insists on pursuing their endeavor to bring on massive ice storms and an excess of hail instead of the real thing. They're creating a fake weather system, draining the sky of atmospheric moisture, and raining down silver for everything to slowly die. Figure it out for yourself.
Wiki: Cloud Seeding

Read this whole page: Contrails

Wikipedia's take on cloud seeding: Cloud Seeding

The medicine is much worse than the disease. We're near the end of our grace period as a planet.

We don't see the effects today, but in about 6 years, if and when they catches on, when all the moisture is drained from the upper atmosphere, we'll be left with "black cloud fallout".

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join