It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Message to Climate Change deniers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Gore's Message to Climate Change deniers

www.cbsnews.com

Self-avowed "P.R. agent for the planet" Al Gore says those who still doubt that global warming is caused by man - among them, Vice President Dick Cheney - are acting like the fringe groups who think the 1969 moon landing never really happened, or who once believed the world is flat.

The former vice president and former presidential candidate talks to 60 Minutes correspondent Lesley Stahl in an interview to be broadcast this Sunday, March 30, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Confronted by Stahl with the fact some prominent people, including the nation’s vice president, are not convinced that global warming is manmade, Gore responds: "You're talking about Dick Cheney. I think that those people are in such a tiny, tiny minority now with their point of view, they’re almost like the ones who still believe that the moon landing was staged in a movie lot in Arizona and those who believe the world is flat,” says Gore. "That demeans them a little bit, but it's not that far off," he tells Stahl.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's amazing how delusional this man is!!!!!
Some one really needs to smack some sense into this guy. Not only isn't global warming is man's fault. I have yet to see any concrete evidence that global warming EVEN EXISTS!!! Its nothing more than NORMAL heating and cooling cycles the Earth has gone through since its was formed.

I guess I could then go as far as saying....those who believe in Global warming are just like those who still believe the earth is flat. I am not going near the moon landing thing.,.......I know what you all think about that (haha)

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I cannot say what I want at this forum. Children may be present.

Global warming, as a proper noun-verb combo, is technically happening.
Global warming ends in E.L.E., and man did it all? I call B.S.

I always found it Ironic that a man who espouses that private jets will cause the oceans to overflow in twenty to forty years, then flies a private jet to Florida to buy up all this beach front property....

Not to mention his Zinc mine....

Global warming is not real like he says it is....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So now that warmer weather is here in many places, Big Al comes out from under his rock to pursue his carbon footprint scam?

An amazing and totally un-interesting man....

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Climate change denier’s message to Algore, GET STUFFED!!!!!

Few are fooled by your globalist claptrap anymore. We recognize this global warming fertilizer, as we do Kyoto for what they are: colossal cash grabs on a level to shame the federal reserve. Take your private jet, and then your limo back to your mansion in TENN and STFU!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This really makes me sick!

I'm not sure what's the worst of it, that the media is creating a Global Warming - Gore cult or that it is now progressing to the point of openly ridiculing those who don't yield to the propaganda.

Our 'Global' media machine needs an enema! sigh

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Climate change denier’s message to Algore, GET STUFFED!!!!!

Few are fooled by your globalist claptrap anymore. We recognize this global warming fertilizer, as we do Kyoto for what they are: colossal cash grabs on a level to shame the federal reserve. Take your private jet, and then your limo back to your mansion in TENN and STFU!!!

You people seem to come out of the woodwork and show your ignorance with a lot of pride. When are all the polar icecaps and mountain peeks supposed to be restored to levels previous to the 1950's? If this is some natural cycle, why is the air getting warmer and more polluted, year after year? Are your thought processes are so stunned, that you just don't realize that this actually getting worse? Is the smog disappearing over large populations, or is it getting thicker?

Mod Edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow!!! Few subjects stir the passions like the global warming subject. No commenter on this thread has displayed much intelligent debate, not because you guys aren't intelligent, but because you all lose your minds when Al makes an appearance. Take a breath, now... breath... ok.

Well, I am no "Gore-ite", I think his only purpose in life is to remind us occasionally that SOMETHING IS HAPPENING. It doesn't mean that it is a manmade something, but it is SOMETHING. I have watched National Geographic vids of the Greenland glacier retreating at an unprecedented rate. Where is it going? By the tons, into the north Atlantic. Another vid of the poles losing ice at a rate unheard of in written history. Where is the ice going? Into the oceans, by the tons. The Northwest Passage is predicted to be open to shipping in a few short years.

I could go on. Who knows what the end result will be. It may stop just as it began, and no one will notice. But I do believe it is a natural cycle. And I don't think global warming is the real issue. The earth had a mighty warm beginning and has been cooling ever since. This warming trend will be short lived, I think. OK, now throw your rocks, I'm ok with that.

That's my 2 sense.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'll offer you the courtesy, and politely tell you that there is a problem with the warming climate, and the excessive pollution which threatens the ecosystem. The moderators get upset with an abusive tone of language, so I won't disgress from the issue with bitter insults.

It's easy to ignore that the planet will be in peril by the end of the next decade. Perhaps denouncing Al Gore gives you a sense of importance, and your friends spur you on, making you feel like you belong to a superior group of people who are immune to what will soon happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I understand what Al is saying and at this stage what is the point in trying to convince 100% of the people to learn about the scientific method? It's kind of too late for that. Using what I have learned and observed about climate change phenomena and forcasts over the last 20 years I hypothesize that the signs will continue to point the way to man made altering of the environment.

The feedback effects are what is going to kick us in the but now that the ball is rolling. But as I asked earlier, what is the point in having a discussion on this if I am just going to have talking points from Dixy Lee Raye (Blessings to her) and Glenn Beck et al. lobbed back at me?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

I would love to point out, all day, how wrong you are, but I will only take about 2 minutes.
Hmmmm,
Ice is now at its highest levels in most places, feeding in one end, falling off the other.
There is pollution caused by man, but not the same results he claims. Do a google search on those that argue with him. There are a hell of a lot more scientists than you and I have in our pockets who all repudiate what this man spews.
STOP TAKING PICTURES OF MY FULL TRASH CAN AND THEN CLAIMING THAT IT'S ALL OVER MY YARD.
We all know how these films are edited, by people who have the same agenda as Al Gore.
To stay employed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I had to think about it, and then I realized what was bothering me. It's the extremism that kills me. If there is going to be change, you don't need to exaggerate to get my attention. But then you all claim impending doom, feeling that at least if you get some results, crying wolf was worth it.
Does anyone remember his Y2K scam?
Just give me real data, and real solutions! And realize that there are other developing countries that are going to affect our children more, assuming you are right. We do nothing, NOTHING, on the scale that the chinese, and soon the Indians, will do.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

... you've seen no evidence that global warming exists?

Ice caps check anyone?

What world do you live in? Now man-made or not... that's debatable. Either way, it's gonna hurt if we don't fit it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

Would you prefer to go back to 12,000 b.c. where the snow caps were pristine?
The vast majority of the land masse on this planet were at some point at the bottom of the sea.Did our carbon foot print cause that round of "global warming"? Or do you think that maybe just maybe this little old planet goes through cycles of warming and cooling? The sun has max and min. activity,that have a definite cycle.
The volcano Krakatoa spewed more carbon into our atmosphere in one day than mans emission over several decades.
We have an affect on the climate...thats a given.However most scientific evidence shows our effect is a minimum.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis
When are all the polar icecaps and mountain peeks supposed to be restored to levels previous to the 1950's?

Actually, if all of the ice disappears, the Earth will be as it was for the vast majority of its history.

(emphasis added)
...and we have ice caps at both poles - a situation that may be unique in Earth's history. That there are snowy winters through much of the world and permanent glaciers even in temperate places such as New Zealand may seem quite natural, but in fact it is a most unusual situation for the planet.

For most of its history until fairly recent times, the general pattern was for earth to be hot with no permanent ice anywhere.

Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything (New York, Broadway Books, 2003) p.427

And if pollution in the form of greenhouse gases warms the atmosphere, how do you explain the following?

Discover Magazine

During the Ordovician Period, 440 million years ago, there seems to have been 16 times as much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as there is today--and yet, judging from the gravelly deposits it left behind, there was also an ice sheet near the South Pole that was four-fifths the size of present-day Antarctica. The second exception is even more troubling. The Cretaceous Period, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth and CO2 levels were about eight times what they are today, has been one of the most popular case studies for global warming forecasters. And everyone knows what the climate was like during the dinosaurs’ heyday: steamy. Or was it? The latest evidence, reported just this past summer by British researchers, suggests that temperatures in the tropics 95 million years ago were no higher than they are now; and while it was a lot warmer at the poles than it is today, it was still freezing cold.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by Kinesis

I would love to point out, all day, how wrong you are, but I will only take about 2 minutes.
Hmmmm,
Ice is now at its highest levels in most places, feeding in one end, falling off the other.
There is pollution caused by man, but not the same results he claims. Do a google search on those that argue with him. There are a hell of a lot more scientists than you and I have in our pockets who all repudiate what this man spews.

Are you serious? Ice feeding one end and falling off the other? Pollution not the same results he claims? Is the United States the only country in the world? China, Canada, and Mexico don't exist?

Let's see, Exxon is supposed to be an environmentally conscious corporation, cleaning up every drop of oil that ever leaked from an oil tanker. The smoke and fumes from burning oil wells in the middle east is comparable to a small community of wood stoves? It's just biodegradable carbon dioxide that will be absorbed by the environment? How about we just wait around for this cycle to hit rock bottom, then maybe things will turn around. How about you define for us when the turning point of this cycle should happen.

I'll just say to the moderators, courtesy shouldn't be offered to people like this who are just out to discredit the growing evidence, rather than building awareness to what's happening.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Any part of the Earth kept in the darkness (the poles) for half the year is going to have a cool part of the year.

When were the vast majority of land masses undersea? When they filmed Waterworld?

Carbon is released into the atomosphere when tropical forests are cut or burnt down, when cows fart, when old growth forests are removed, and when permafrost melts and millenia of decomposition occurs over a relatively short period of time. These are human induced causes as well so it is not just granny driving her LeMans to bingo but a multitude of carbon sources.

Sure Earth processes defineatly impact global climate but the correlation between human actions and environmental impacts are very strong.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've read scientists both pro and con, and I am persuaded that the case for global warming is the strongest.

Even if one doesn't agree with Gore, what is the harm in reducing carbon emissions? It won't hurt the earth and it just might do some good.

IMO it's better to take unnecessary precautions than to ignore all the warnings with a smug sense of self-satisfaction.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I understand what Al is saying and at this stage what is the point in trying to convince 100% of the people to learn about the scientific method? It's kind of too late for that. Using what I have learned and observed about climate change phenomena and forcasts over the last 20 years I hypothesize that the signs will continue to point the way to man made altering of the environment.

Have you been studying climate for 20 years? What have you learned? How did you arrive at your hypothesis? What exactly is man doing and how is it exactly affecting the climate???

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by traderonwallst

... you've seen no evidence that global warming exists?

Ice caps check anyone?

What world do you live in? Now man-made or not... that's debatable. Either way, it's gonna hurt if we don't fit it.

One melts, one grows.

Do we really lose anything if the amount of ice stays the same????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join