It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Would Consider VP Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Condi Rice has hinted that she would consider the VP job...

Despite saying she wants to return to Stanford University, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has let it be known in Republican circles that she would consider running for vice president if asked.

One source told Newsmax that she expressed interest in the possibility when Rudy Giuliani was running for president. Another source said she has more recently let her interest be known discreetly within top Republican circles, presumably including John McCain’s camp.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.newsmax.com...

She is a dedicated public servant. I've rarely seen a person, man or woman, who works as hard as she does. Her travel schedule alone would be too much for most people.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As much as I admire Dr. Rice, who is a brilliant and accomplished woman, I doubt that she will be offered the job.

John McCain already is very strong in foreign policy and international experience. He needs someone strong in economics and stateside governing to balance the ticket.

Look for Crist in Florida or Kay Bailey Hutchenson of Texas.
Those are my guesses.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
All things considered I might support Rice more for the presidents job then the VP. I won't make a guess as to who would be the best for the Job just yet. I will let the candidates make there own call. The problem is I will expect things to happen as usual, the decision will be based more on political favors then who might be best for the job.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I really like and admire Condi. She's got it all well in hand. Does anyone worry that a VP offer would look a heck of a lot like pandering though?

It's a terrible place to be stuck when there are two, IMO, terrible candidates that happen to be a woman and a black man but an awsome candidate like Condi could be dismissed out of hand as some kind of divisive trick?

Personally, I would much prefer Condi at the top of any ticket McCain was on. This is just a sucky spot to be on- that's all.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
As much as I admire Dr. Rice, who is a brilliant and accomplished woman, I doubt that she will be offered the job.

John McCain already is very strong in foreign policy and international experience. He needs someone strong in economics and stateside governing to balance the ticket.

Look for Crist in Florida or Kay Bailey Hutchenson of Texas.
Those are my guesses.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

The only thing that can balance McCain's ticket is a conservative.

Crist (no drilling in my backyard) and Hutchenson (pro abortion) do nothing to balance this ticket.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The only thing that can balance McCain's ticket is a conservative.

Conservative? There aren't any running this year. I’m satisfied McCain made a deal with the Huck. It is obvious that Huckabee ran Romney out of the race for specious RELIGIOUS causes. That puts McCain squarely in the Huck’s debt!

Well, I don’t like Condo Rice. 1) She thoroughly bungled her job as National Security Adviser. Instead of bringing GOOD information to her boss - presumably Bush43 and not VP Cheney - she “went along to get along.” A team player on a team with no quarterback. Not smart.

No, she’s not a Yes Man, but that is only because of her sex. She must bear a big share of the FAILURE to find non-existent WMDs and 4,000 KIA Americans. Which the KIA part of the Bush43 War has not yet ended. The issue now is with the SURGE abandoned, will the KIA reach 5,000 before we come home?

2)
Unlike Muhammad Ali’s claim to “float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” Condo flitters about the earth offering ideologically driven advice on democracy to a bedazzled pro forma gathering of unconvinced on-lookers. Sort of like a Bush43 knock-off whose picture stayed too long in the developer. Or got stuck on a tanning bed. As for her job as Secretary of State - Bush43 has always been his own - it’s true she no longer has to get the coffee in the Oval Office, but she has ZERO to show for her many flights. And hasn't the slightst idea who is looking at celebrity passports. Yet another job she's ON TOP of? Or just overwhelmed by?

3)
Four of her claimed 5 books were co-authored which is academia for written by others but she paid to have her name added as co-author. To satisfy the dogma - Publish or Perish - seems to have been her primary motive. I find it ironic that you of ULTRA conservative bent are so worked up over a product of Affirmative Action. But alas, life is full of surprises.

4)
She has falsely claimed a connection to the 16th Street Baptist Church. but When called to task, she was like Hillary in Bosnia, “I got carried away!” They both did mis-speak.

I have not heard of a “boom-let” for Condo for any high office. She may not even get a FREE ride back to Stanford. I’ll give her one thing though, she sure can SCOWL when she hears the name “Rumsfeld” mentioned. She can’t be all bad!

[edit on 3/29/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Story here

Dr. Rice says she won't be running. She has no interest in a political run of her own. She says - 'it's time for new blood'.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I would personally like to see McCain choose Romney as his running mate. I think Romney got screwed out of the nomination by Huckabee, and i just don't see McCain-Huckabee as a winning ticket. Huckabee is another liberal conservative and while Romney is a somewhat liberal conservative as well, he at least has business experience to back up economic policies so that may help to balance out the ticket a bit.

new topics

top topics

join