It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in Blue and Gray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just recently visited Ghettysburg, the site of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War. It is also considered the most haunted place in America. Thousands of visitors reported seeing something during their tour of the battlefield, including me. I saw two ghosts while I was there.

1. A man standing in the small staircase of a small castle-shaped structure
he was wearing white ( probably gray when he was alive ) clothes and he had a moustache. The staircase was really narrow and could only fit one person so when I peered up I saw him.

2. I was at Little Round Top and I looked out towards Devil's Den and saw a misty white humanoid shape gliding across the grass.

Next time I return ( I will be going back in about a month ) I will bring a camera; The first time I was with my class and couldn't bring one.....

If you have had a sighting at Ghettysburg please post it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just posted a thread about the Ghost Hunters episode last night that took place in Gettysburg. The evidence they got was astounding. I provided a link to the full episode if your interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks samureyed! I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I go all the time. I live fairly close.
In fact - we are going tomorrow (if it doesn't rain)

Your castle like structure - that was on top of Little Round Top, wasn't it?
I've had camera battery problems in the bloody triangle (at the foot of Little Round Top or so) and my movie camera even turned itself on and off there.

I got a pretty good picture of a ghostly Civl War soldier (texas soldier I think) standing next to a cannon on Confederate Drive. Just past the Alabama memorial on a hill on the right side.

I had a spooky encounter in the Jenny Wade house. On the second floor - where the canon hole was that you step through. I didnt' see anything - but I felt it.

Here's a spooky hint - Stand in front of the Farnsworth House and wait until all the stupid ghost walks have cleared the town - about 2 or 3 in the morning. Walk across the street from the Farnsworth House and go down the little street towards the school (only about 30 seconds walking). Just before you get to the school you will see a hill and some pine trees off to your right. Go walking amongst the pines .. and even go all the way over to the woods further to the right. There is a shadowman that we see EVERY TIME we go there. He runs between the trees and sometimes he will tap you on the shoulder.

We stay at the Battlefield Holiday Inn. The hill in back of it is part of the battlefield so it's right near everything. Also - the Farnsworth House is very haunted. It costs the same as the Holiday Inn. I want to stay there someday.

The Wax Museum is haunted. Ask the people there about what happens in the basement! I went through the wax museum with my EMF detector. I picked up a few strange things. Could be supernatural OR could be wire problems. Dunno.

The whole place is haunted. Phantom armies and phantom soldiers abound.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Ghost Hunters episode last night

I saw it. Cashtown Inn. Just south of Gettysburg I think. Robert E. Lee's soldiers went throught here after their big loss in Gettysburg. Major haunt. Excellent episode!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Flyersfan, I'll try that... seeing the shadow ghost. Next time I go I'm gonna get some pictures ( I will get some pictures... the ghosts are everywhere ) and upload them here. Thanks for the post. Yes, i was on Little Round Top when I saw the ghost in the stairwell. I was also near LRT when I saw the figure by Devil's Den.

TC

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have a book with an article on this. He got most of his info from a group of re-enactors camping near Little Round Top and Devil's Den. There is even one account of thousands of ghosts marching across the battlefield. A bunch of people saw it from that old observation tower. It apparently happened at the moment in history when the very same thing was happening, before a battle.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Flyersfan: If you could get a few pictures on here that be cool but if you can't its fine, I'm going anyway soon.

TC

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
link to video

This seems to be authentic, but it would be helpful if we knew the general area in Gettysburg in which this was taken... no one is allowed on the battlefield, they told me, not even re-enactors.

If you want the video bigger just click on it and you will see it on youtube.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
the gliding figures are seen at these points in the video:

18/19 seconds

at 26/27 seconds

33 seconds

36 - 38 seconds

There are a few faint ones inbetween I just put in the best ones

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trash can
... no one is allowed on the battlefield, they told me, not even re-enactors.

Sure you are. I've lived here most of my life and you can walk most anywhere you want to on the battlefield. Though, there are certain roads and such that are closed to traffic after hours [dusk til dawn, for the most part]

With the weather getting nicer, perhaps it's time to break out the camcorder and start shooting again.

Hope you enjoy your trip this weekend FF. It's supposed to rain today, but Saturday is slated to be mostly sunny [about 50F] with Sunday being partly cloudy [upper40s]. Perfect weather for walking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
that's strange... I knew there are roads going through like past Devil's Den. I just have never seen anyone on the actual battlefield.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'll definetly take lots of pictures when I go and post them here.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Hope you enjoy your trip this weekend FF.

We got rained out. The TV said 70% chance of thunderstorms
and the line was coming at us so we didn't go. Ended up not
raining much at all. UGH.

Oh .. and my daughter picked up a cough.
That's been our story all winter ... double ugh.

(whine whine whine)

Originally posted by Trash can
Flyersfan: If you could get a few pictures on here ...

I seriously lack computer skills. And our computer doesn't have one of those things that lets you put pictures onto it.

As for walking the battlefield - I think you can do that until 10:00 pm or so. All over the place. I've been all over it. The only thing - watch out for TICKS. Really. They get all over you and the place is loaded with them.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The only thing - watch out for TICKS. Really. They get all over you and the place is loaded with them.

Nahhhh... don't mind her, she's just a Tick Magnet.

*teasing*

Though, there is merit in FF's words. We haven't had a Hard winter in the past 2-3 years, so they [ticks] do seem to be on the uprise in recent times. If you're going out and about on the Battlefield be sure to wear long clothes and or check yourself upon undressing. Little buggers find themselves to the oddest and most obscure of places.

Tick Magnet

top topics

join