It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such thing as a NATURAL ENEMY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
During my observation of history and human relations, I have come to the conclusion that it could be possible that certain people are natural enemies.

Could it be that the reason we haven't seen peace in the Middle East in ages is because the two sides are natural enemies? You could definitely say that it is for control over the land, which is accurate. But after all this time it is still full-on war.

There is no end in sight, and this is just one example.

This theory also translates into the animal kingdom. Some animals, fish, and birds are natural enemies.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say, thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A NATURAL ENEMY is a dead enemy according to George Bush.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by CLT1985]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that we are natural enemies with anyone, however we do seem to be ideologically opposite, with no real understanding of the adversarial viewpoint, this creates mistrust and enmity between different peoples. This in turn leads to hostility and war.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh I was thinking the Hobo spider. Aggressively administer venom to anything that comes into what it feels is its home and surrounding area.

No I think that if the population is unstressed we have a natural tendency to greet others and judge by actions.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If you look at certain people you may have met, and for some reason you just don't like them.

If you're a nice person then this happens rarely, but it does happen. Why?

I can imagine that there is probably someone in your life whether it be at work, your family, in your city, that you just don't like for whatever reason.

This is similar, in my opinion, to the on-going war between Israel/USA and The Middle East. Since pretty much day one, the two have been natural enemies. Only in this case, instead of someone not getting along with someone else, it's an ENTIRE POPULATION vs an ENTIRE POPULATION of natural enemies that are inherently different and brainwashed to hate the other.

Which begs the question.....Are we taught to hate, or is it an instinct for some people?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No, we do not naturally hate anything.

We are born into this life as a child wondering and exploring the world with open arms. It’s our parents that say, “Get away from that! Don’t you know that thing can hurt you?” It’s through life experience that we hate other things and fear what we do not understand.

It’s a matter of choice for someone to hate all dogs once they have been bitten or attacked by one. But the true dog owner judges each dog according to its actions and behavior. They take an objective look at the animal and say, “That’s a good dog!” Or “Stay away from that one, he’s got a mean streak!”

But is much easier to be objective about animals than it is people, but the same rules still apply.

We are made to love, but we learn, and chose, to be hateful.

If you are a Christian, then you must know this is true because God commands us to even "Love Your Enemy."

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like that idea that "God teaches us to love the enemy", but I think Christians have natural enemies. I think everyone other than Christians are the Christians' natural enemies. They say that Jesus loves everyone, but then they say that if people do not accept Jesus as their personal savior, then they are condemned to burn in Hell for eternity. I think that geography has a lot to do with the whole natural enemy speculation as well. As already stated, in the middle-east there is constant war. The location of everyone in the middle east is completely natural (with the exception of the U.S.), therefore everyone fighting in the middle-east are natural enemies.

DTOX X

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The only natural enemy is Fear, for it turns us against one another.

Fear of losing everything, Fear of others turning others against us, Fear of those whom possess an individualist streak, Fear of the Media, Fear of the State, Fear of Subversion.

All of the above can turn us against one another at the drop of a pin.

Deny Ignorance as much as you like - but if you fear it, then You are living a life of Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DTOX X
I like that idea that "God teaches us to love the enemy", but I think Christians have natural enemies. I think everyone other than Christians are the Christians' natural enemies. They say that Jesus loves everyone, but then they say that if people do not accept Jesus as their personal savior, then they are condemned to burn in Hell for eternity. I think that geography has a lot to do with the whole natural enemy speculation as well. As already stated, in the middle-east there is constant war. The location of everyone in the middle east is completely natural (with the exception of the U.S.), therefore everyone fighting in the middle-east are natural enemies.

DTOX X

I agree, the middle east is full of natural enemies. We are all-loving at birth, and taught to hate and fear throughout life by others.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
The only natural enemy is Fear, for it turns us against one another.

Sorry, throbber I love ya, but disagree. Nature has no enemies other than anything which is un-natural. Fear is not a natural state- but a condition.

The circle of life is what it is- and it is nothing to be afraid of.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was being metaphorical.

I cannot find any natural Enemy among the Material world, so therefore i explored elsewhere.

To be free from fear is to live, sir.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
I was being metaphorical.

I cannot find any natural Enemy among the Material world, so therefore i explored elsewhere.

To be free from fear is to live, sir.

Definitely fear from freedom is fabulous- unfortunately it is not the entire answer.

The material world is its own enemy- nature only intervenes when its resources (including people) are used against nature.

It is so clear that society is nothing more than advanced cannibalism on every level.

The evil (material society) that exists is trying desperately to control nature and rule over it to prove its own deity and power.

Why do you think there is so much tunneling and underground crap as well as trying to escape into space! Its societies "just in case".

There is no escape. We pick the laws we follow.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not on every level.

There are those who resist the flow.

Of course, only when those who resist the flow realise they are not alone, and seek one another out that they can begin to push against the flow of the Material Society.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I think you're both right and both wrong. I would rather say that, from birth we are all conditioned to love and hate depending on our environment.

Think about it, if you're in your 20's ( like I am ) than you were conditioned to hate the radical Muslims in the Middle East, if you grew up in America.

The more research you do, the more you realize that people are products of their environment. We're both conditioned to think a certain way, and neither is wrong. From what we're told, radical Muslim's hijacked planes and flew them into the WTC Towers.
( The validity of this is debated often, as you know )

The youth of the Middle East are taught that America and it's interests are on their soil for American/Israeli interests and to pillage the resources that are there. Also, to hand over the Holy Land to the Jews.

Who is right.....who is wrong? NO ONE IS RIGHT

I am a white 22 year old American who LOVES America and what it has to offer. But as a self-educated human being, I do not agree with the tactics utilized by the U.S. Government, they are deplorable. I can understand now, why people frown upon us as a nation.

-TO ALL THE WORLD....NON U.S. CITIZENS-

REALIZE THAT THE ACTIONS OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT DO NOT REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF THE POPULATION. WE SEEK PEACE AND HARMONY....IT'S OUR LEADERS WHO SEEK WAR AND FINANCIAL GAIN, AND THERE IS NOT MUCH WE CAN DO TO REMOVE THEM FROM POWER, ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED, WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Actually, i am 20 years old, but i don't live in America.

I have also taught myself and conditioned myself to realise and resist conditioning of any kind whatsoever*.

My perspective on 9/11 is that we haven't been told the entirety of the truth, and because of that i refuse to accept the official story - plane and simple.

The conditioning you refer to is something that can strike when you least expect it - i mean, even a peice of fruit can condition you depending on your personal condition.

If it really gets your back up, think about it like this; Conditioning only takes effect when you start to "think about it", in which case the thing you are 'thinking about' is leaving a psychological impression in your mind, and the more you think about it, the harder it will be to stop thinking about it.

Psychology is in some instances absurdly simple to understand - to the point of which i even stop thinking about the way i look at things as psychology.

I've conditioned myself away from psychology, neh?

*Other than when i choose to condition myself, i suppose.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
During my observation of history and human relations, I have come to the conclusion that it could be possible that certain people are natural enemies.

Could it be that the reason we haven't seen peace in the Middle East in ages is because the two sides are natural enemies? You could definitely say that it is for control over the land, which is accurate. But after all this time it is still full-on war.

There is no end in sight, and this is just one example.

This theory also translates into the animal kingdom. Some animals, fish, and birds are natural enemies.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say, thanks in advance.

I think any group of living thing that is subject to a certain way of life and is competing for space will be a natural enemy. For example lions and tigers aren't likely to share the same space because they would be competing for the same prey within that space. Human's will be natural enemies of another country of ppl for the same reason to gain power over the natural resources in that country. The only difference between the natural enemies in the wild kingdom and us is "Greed" However, if a tiger is run out of it's home, do to forces beyond it's control, it's likely to invade and take over the home of another smaller cat.

Rather carnivors are a natural enemy to it's prey is debatable. Are we natural enemies to chickens and cows? Other then human's, I know of only one other carnivor that kills for sport, that's the domestic cat. As far as I know all other meat eaters only kill to eat.

new topics

top topics

join