It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture show you Lama's violence in Tibet riot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Funeral of PAP killed by Tibetan crowds after multiple wounds to the head. The PAP had EVERY right to resort to any means necessary to stop these thugs who went on and killed 22 innocent Chinese and Tibetans

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I think the documentary is quite convincing and even without it, just watching carefully in slow motion the frames of the original Chinese media report, I think it is still convincing that the incident was staged by the communist party.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I certainly think the topic is quite interesting and if I have time about that in the near future I could do more research and post the info in a new thread. Apparently, I see that the Western media paid a little attention to the incident. For example I have not heard of that incident when that happened in China, nor I have read any articles about it at that time. If that happened nowadays we would get much more media attention on the matter.

The current focus in this thread is Tibet and I am sure we will get even more evidence proving that the violence there was instigated by the communist party agents.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Epooch Times now claims that this picture was staged and the person who took it was a Chinese agent. They claim that the Chinese media released this picture and edited in the person with the sword into it.

Funny since a blogger named Kadfly who took the initial pictures first released it and Reuters was the first major news agency to release which Xinhua.net then got from Reuters. Epooch times has a tendency to make up lies, what I find funny is the fact that I am apparently a disgruntled communist member who relinquished my party membership simply by filling out a form they had on-line. Me and apparently 6 million other English speaking Chinese also relinquished party membership.

Another one is their claims that the peaceful rally in Toronto was "violent"

Anyway here is the rebuttal Zonaeuropa made
www.zonaeuropa.com...

Picture in question

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

This is the link of the blogger kadfy whose pictures are being mis-used including the ever famous police shield one where Western media neglected to mention that minutes after he took the picture the rioters charged and the police dropped their gears fleeing. kadfly.blogspot.com...

it's a shame though that he removed the picture, because supposedly he is being blamed for being paid by the Chinese too and supposedly spreading hatred against the Tibetans by having that picture on his blog.

It keeps on stunning me that despite what kind of evidence is put on table certain people will only keep on thinking in their own way. This is not a debate anymore, it is trying to convert religious people over to at least objectively look into the given evidence and let them know that pro-DL clique media might also lie and twist the facts to support their own agenda.

[edit on 30/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

It seems to me IchiniSan you will grab at anything to try to make a point that has nothing to do with how people feel. No one on these threads has depended on mainstream media to educate themselves, several of us have stated more than once that we rely on many forms of communication including the well known history of China and Tibet.

Tibetans want their freedoms and many of us want it for them. I personally do not condone any violence but given the conditions that Tibetans have had to live under for more than fifty years I can understand their outrage at China. You do know that many Chinese Nationals have condemned the actions of Chinas government on behalf of Tibet, so it seems that pro-Tibetan arguments are not just left up to Americans.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
You do know that many Chinese Nationals have condemned the actions of Chinas government on behalf of Tibet, so it seems that pro-Tibetan arguments are not just left up to Americans.

I believe your referring to the link you posted about 22 Chinese intellectuals. 22 people are not a lot and they are Activist, go figure why they are opposed to ANY government policy. And have you read their recommendations?, you can't find one difference between that and the Tibetan claims

including the well known history of China and Tibet

Not well known enough it seems, because sy.gunson keeps referring to a cease-fire agreement which he claims was treaty which wasn't even ratified for that matter. Not to mention the fact that the Dalai Lama himself acknowledges the fact that Tibet is a part of China, contray to Free-Tibet.org or Tibet.com has to say

Do you know why no country recognises Tibet as a free country?. Because they have access to "the the well known history of China and Tibet"

[edit on 30-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I managed to find his full size original photograph. Even though Epooch Times theory has be debuked if someone inserted the guy with the sword in he is very very good. The persons expression with the flame and smoke in his eyes, the shadows look flawless. Maybe because its real

bp0.blogger.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
First of all a reply to your 2nd part:

Tibetans want their freedoms and many of us want it for them. I personally do not condone any violence but given the conditions that Tibetans have had to live under for more than fifty years I can understand their outrage at China. You do know that many Chinese Nationals have condemned the actions of Chinas government on behalf of Tibet, so it seems that pro-Tibetan arguments are not just left up to Americans.

1) never it was said that only Americans are pro-Tibet, even though your government does sponsor the Free Tibet movement.
2) it's fine for me that anyone has their opinion, but is it neccesary to stubbornly and blindly do that by even disturbing and even hurting innocent people?
3) if you still believe this is merely a civilian movement, then my apologies for saying that you are merely being naive and most likely one of the many being used for their political course, which is not only Dalai Lama's one.

It seems to me IchiniSan you will grab at anything to try to make a point that has nothing to do with how people feel. No one on these threads has depended on mainstream media to educate themselves, several of us have stated more than once that we rely on many forms of communication including the well known history of China and Tibet.

What I observed is the opposite, you are blaming any people (chinese or non-Chinese) for bringing propaganda and disinfo on the table for review, no matter it is MSM or alternative "independent" (better use this very loosely) sources. Meanwhile pro-Tibet followers are bringing ANY kind of material, even MSM known for its lies on the table to support your agenda. Of course it is more exotic to brainstorm about a conspiracy that the Chinese propagandists added a Tibetan with sword on a picture, but hey, reality is that this picture was made by a blogger called kadfy, you want to ignore this reality to support your crusade? Or the picture of the police force with shields, you have used that numerous times in ATS by now, but did you know the full story behind that picture? What happened afterwards? Or did you know, but did not bother to bring it up?

Really does it matter at all if a news or report is posted in MSM or alternative source? If it is not correct information then it is either one of the two following options:
1) The media internal verify and inspection system sucks
2) The media has a plainout agenda to lie and twist over the matter
As readers we should verify all our news sources first before bringing it into public, and avoid mindlessly copying pasting the lies. The double-standard and hypocricy of many debaters to win over an argument without really doing their researches, bah. So don't give me BS if you are a hypocrit yourself without doing a proper research before posting here or asking anyone who does not agree with your points of views, or did more research than you to shut up.

[edit on 30/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I was making the point that not all chinese support the policy of their government. Could it simply be that they disagree? There are plenty of pro-china westerners. I know many Chinese-Americans that support a free tibet. There are many Chinese disitents that support a free tibet. Are you saying if any chinese disagree with the Tibet policy they have been somehow corrupted by Tibet or the Dalai Lama?

www.iht.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You may want to provide some proof that American policy makers support a Free Tibet. The Conboy book is not proof of any support in the here and now.

I have no problem with any Pro-China argument other than the fact that they come with many insults.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I was making the point that not all chinese support the policy of their government. Could it simply be that they disagree?

Your phase "many Chinese Nationals" was the point I was highlighting which does not include overseas Chinese.

Most Chinese people support the Tibet policy. The Tibet, Xingjiang, Taiwan policy was not created by the Communist government when they took power, it was adopted by the Chinese republic founding father Sun Yixian or the more familiar western interpretation Sun Yat-sen which was modern Chinese take on the historical precedents of the Chinese history with modern western law. Sun Yixian is a interesting figure because he is seen by ALL Chinese as the founding figure of modern China. The KMT and CCCP while being bitter enemies have adopted him as their founding father much like John Adams and George Washington are Americans

I dont think "many" Chinese disagree with that policy, maybe less than 100% but certainly no less than 99% of the population. And as shown even second and third generation Chinese support Chinas stance on Tibet

Are you saying if any chinese disagree with the Tibet policy they have been somehow corrupted by Tibet or the Dalai Lama?

No, I did not suggest that.

I am saying that the Chinese dissents are taking the policy of "my enemies, enemy is my friend" approach to their politics. They are not influenced by the Dalai Lamas argument but have accepted him as an ally like disgraced former Taiwan president Chen Shui-bian

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Again, do we need to repeat all the other threads again in here? Do we need to provide all the numerous links and sources for that the CIA is sponsoring DL again and again? I will only refer you to those threads. Or did you by any chance missed those posts?

Links and sources are provided, either you believe the proof or not, it's up to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No proof was provided that the CIA is backing the Dalai Lama at present.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

To put it in more perspective. I could send you another bunch of Chinese sourced links, but here is one in English, not even from MSM, like the NY Times article from way back, but from an alternative websource www.indymedia.org.uk...

"Democratic Imperialism": Tibet, China, and the National Endowment for Democracy

Michael Barker | 21.03.2008 12:57 | Anti-militarism | Repression | Social Struggles | World
While in recent years far more information has been made available concerning the CIA’s violent linkages with Tibetan forces, to date only one article has examined the connection between Tibet’s current independence campaigners and an organization that maintains close ties with the CIA, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).

NED was envisaged by US foreign policy elites to be a more suitable way to provide strategic funding to nongovernmental organizations than via covert CIA funding.

This article has demonstrated the close ties that exist between the Dalai Lama’s non-violent campaign for Tibetan independence and U.S. foreign policy elites who are actively supporting Tibetan causes through the NED. This finding is particularly worrying given the high international media profile of many of the groups exposed in this article, especially when it is remembered that the NED’s activities are intimately linked with those of the CIA.

Once a CIA man, always a CIA man, no matter from what channels you are getting the CIA sponsorships. This makes every Chinese, including our government, to have our reasons to be very sceptical and doubting about who is actually inluencing the Dalai Lama and/or the Free Tibet movements.

[edit on 31/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Close ties? This is an opinion peice based on the history of the CIA and the Tibetan Struggle. Just because the founders or financiers of the NED once upon a time had a connection with the CIA does not mean the CIA is actively involved with this cause. If I had once been a memeber of the CIA does that mean I could never contribute to the cause of Tibetans?

The last paragraph talked of the impression of the link with the CIA and spoke to how that link could infact cripple the cause for Tibet, which I agree with.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pityonu

Skinny monks in robes with wooden sticks against riot police.

I am supposed to feel for the police?

I am just about sick of these pathetic Chinese threads trying to demonize Tibet.. when will China stop the internet Propaganda campaign??

Edn

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

Once a CIA man, always a CIA man, no matter from what channels you are getting the CIA sponsorships.

If that were the case then Iraq would never have been invaded and Saddam would still be in power.

The CIA and USA in general only support people when it suits there needs, when the CIA put there noses in when China first invaded Tibet it wasn't for a Free Tibet is was for a non-Chinese Tibet, the more power the Chinese have the more dangerous you are perceived by the US Government.

The Dalai Lama is of no use the the USA(edit: by that i mean in physical action) . Never was and never will be, except maybe in a war of words.

You will never listen, for what ever reason, I don't really care, ive stopped replying to the other Thread about whats going on in Tibet (reason below) but ill repeat what ive said before.

You know full well that not all the Monks in Tibet -or anywhere for that matter- (staged or not) will contain there anger and frustration of the Chinese occupation of Tibet. you cant expect Tibetans to just accept Chinese rule without a fight, you push to far and they will pus back.

No one cares if the Chinese believe that Tibet is rightfully there's, this isn't about China its about Tibetans and its about time you acknowledged that and started listening to them.

-rant on-
To be honest im sick of the Chinese people in these topic and im sick or the pro-Tibet supporters in these topics who keep adding fuel to the fire by replying to the posts made by the few specific Chinese posters.

Your both doing great jobs at derailing any thread about Tibet, so well done.
-rant off-

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Edn]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Edn

I agree with each point you made especially the derailing attempts and even I have contributed to that.

My feelings are very basic...the oppression of the Tibetan people must stop. The hard line policy of China will continue to build an anti-chinese sentiment. The fact that most of our chinese posters do not even consider the main issue of human rights and spiritual freedom is what gives me the impression that their motives are to spread propaganda.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Again, like I expected what you would have said
Totally up to you to keep on ignoring the facts or not, or just call it another Chinese propaganda piece

And for the people who still don't know, the US government has admitted they are subsidizing NED. Money is rolling in from the American taxpayers indirectly, so sleep well that you are supporting a good cause with your tax money

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I would sleep quite well knowing my tax dollars where being spent flooding arms and munitions into tibet .. I would say its about time we do something worth while.. albeit for alternative motives, just to get back at the Chinese whom I despise.. Sadly though the American government has not been involved and is not funding Tibet.. if America where involved it would join in the boycot of the chinese Olympics. Naturally America makes a massive sum of money off the games, so we will not boycot.

I say boycot the whole damn country. Place them in line with North Korea and cut off all trade.

We can make our own cheaply made plastic crap to waste money on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join