It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ART for Dummies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ive been thinking of compiling (not any time soon, too much good stuff is pouring out) a hard copy of art for dummies with all of the different sections (we've got one line, 60 second novels, etc. etc. etc.) and using everyone's username as the author.

wait... im not THINKING of doing this, i AM doing this. ha! so from now on, if theres something you dont want me to put in, please mark it. if you want a different penname used for certain entries (like, maybe youve got a million pen names youw ant to try out or something) then just mark it as well.

thanks everyone.

and yes, ill give a shoutout to ATS for making it all possible

PS:

if everyone is opposed to the idea and thinks i really suck, tell me and i really wont do it. but if there are just certain posts you dont want in, or you dont want any of your things in, just tell me.

[edit on 6-22-04 by Scat]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
new section-

Advice From Beyond the Necktie

whistle while you work...most places wont let you wear headphones

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Sounds likea good idea Scat. I don't need any pen name, just do what you like with what I have added. I am doing a similar thing with the three word story, 85 pages is atking a while though. Can we continue the thread now?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i talked to god tonight

i asked him to tell someone i loved them

he said he'll use fed ex

i think its a good choice.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i forgot to write to you today
i lost all of the stamps
i missed the mailman by 13 minutes

then i realized
theres no mail on sunday
and youre lying in my arms

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Dreamy, wavy, morning ;
sunset.
Clear sky.
A noise,
Summers day funeral
someone died.

Clear a passage
through
an unkown street of
monotonous.
blank.
white.
houses.

Orange light.
Walking slowly
street lamp,
pain:
leg cramp.

Home,
silence.
No one.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
earthtone- you continue to surprise me! i simply love your stuff, i really do! you wront a 60 second novel not too far back and i just fell in love with it. and here i am, once again, marveled!

your piece reminded me of something i wrote while i was actually at a funeral! here goes nothin..

this one was written while driving in the procession-

sometimes its strange, seeing time move so slow,
as if the hands changed so gradualy that we never felt the hours
shift from 1 to 100 years
years of ongoing tick tocks,
stop in one tick
are you're gone in one tock
where we're too confused to be amazed
and the only thing we know is that sometimes its strange,
seeing time move so slow

this was written at prefuneral gathering-

im surrounded by hundreds of heartbreaks
all pretending they're not about to cry
and acting as if they're each other's crutch
though they've all fallen to their knees
and overflowing their minds with good times isn't helping,
so i plea,
let your tears flow, you hundred heartbreaks,
the water will not let you drown

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

There are people who do mazes backwards because it is supposedly easier. At first, I thought these people were lunatics. But then, I applied this theory to my 9-5 work schedule. Working 5-9 seems more efficient, and gives me more time to do mazes.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Scat, Thank you, I enjoy your creations too, i love to see people being creative and I think that this is a great thread
It's a pleasure to be posting with such creative minds. Did your short story get accepted in the competition?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
AHHH! Im so happy to see this thread in recent posts again, i was afraid all the writers had run away!

Im not sure if it was accepted, I think i posted it a few hours before John cut off the competition, so hopefully it will be counted. I dont think it won anything though, but then again I dont know if the results are in.

Good talking to you again earth!

and now, on with the rambling....

Alot of Books=Good. Alot of Old books=Better. One book actually read=Best.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Advice from beyond a ciggerette butt

Smoke always travels upwards,
twisting towards the sky.
Like a spirit reaching out for something
when life decides to die.
The teacher is a speaker,
alone inside the box:
He wore three pairs of wooly gloves
because he had no socks.
The bag of books he gave away
came back stuffed full of rocks.
The lover is the foolish one
never looks outside,
The love she has for someone else
to herself is never replied.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Alot of Books=Good. Alot of Old books=Better. One book actually read=Best.

I love this Scat.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ha! Thanks! I was actually just about to say how I lvoed yours. OK, break from writing- time for some lame Q & A. How long have you been writing? Howd you get into it? Do you do it for a living, etc...

EDIT- this might seem like selfish scraping, but i really need some opinions here on a piece i wrote. really i just want to know what could be changed, if it should be expanded, etc. ummmmit should be in the short story forum under "how to make perfect toast"

[edit on 7-2-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have only recently, through ATS, begun writing poetry and fiction as before I mainly wrote lyrics and poetry just for the music I play. I like it here because you can have an audience of great people to get criticism and encouragment from, both are critical for any writer I think. Thank you for reading!

How about yourself?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
you do music too? aweomse! im in band, play bass. well, i used to be real into journalism, then somehow...bah! somehow..i know exactly how. i read fahrenheit:451 and from then on i was a writing fanatic. i started out, like you, with just lyrics and such, but since about august ive been real into fiction and poetry and spoekn word, etc, etc, etc. i think with your poetry you would be really great at spoken word. i also really like writing little tidbits like those advice from beyond the necktie things. my how to make perfect toast thing is a novel im working on that is completely nonfiction, actually. haha.

i hope to write until the day i die. actually, i really want to open a bookstore called Toast and Jams, selling crazy books, poetry, every night is open mic night, friday night is movie night and saturday is reserved for bands. i dunno....just a place for kids who are way too cool to hang out at starbucks.hahahha. but i really am hoping to open that up

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have the same thoughts as you, I would love to open a real place like you spoke of, for people to go and be creative, listen to music, poetry or whatever. If you made toast and jam I would be a regular for sure!

Just keep writing and you will be able to do anything, stick to it. I play guitar in my band and do vocals. There is nothing better than playing in a band. I will let you know what I think of your story, I'm sure its great.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
well it will be somehwere near the beach so if you live around florida or so, ill fill you in, hahaha. i cant wait to open it up, its a big dream of mine.

so what do you do for a living, if you need to make your own living yet and what not?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
At the moment I am doing cleaning jobs and gigs. I am starting a new musical education course so I can get better at my instruments. That will be great. I am thinking of moving to the East Coast so thats not really near Florida

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wrote this some time ago.
It made more sense after I wrote it.

In a distant time
that has yet to be,
remembered only by people
from a valiant past,
with the gift to see.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
stations- ivew had some interesting experiences with things making sense after they are written. nice one!

how did it make more sense later on?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join