It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon ordered to locate all US nukes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlaznRob

I'm hardly an expert on the subject, but from what I've read, if a nuke does go off, it leaves a radioactive signature that is readily identified. So there's no way of hiding that a US nuke is not a US nuke if one is stolen and then detonated.

This at least is reassuring--sort of.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Who has access to that equipment and knowledge?

It will be the Government telling us who is responsible...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
How about this.

We are just letting the public know that there has been an incident... We are increasingly becoming an unreliable government and we know you dont trust us anymore. There is a possibillity of some nukes having have left the U.S. of having had been stolen out of U.S. possession and you should all not worry. We are competent. Trust us as you have before. We understand the meaning of life... We have sacrificed 4000 soldiers for our country and let some possible nukes slip out all for your safety... To the American People I am proud to be American and I am proud to say that I was a part of a Military that got all of you blown up (in the future of course) By the way... This war on terror was pointless... All of the countries were going after binladen and we have not found him yet... We are not intelligent enough to find a terrorist on kidney dialysis...

On a more serious note. Im scared to crap myself. How on earth would they exspect the population to react? Im not scared for myself... Im scared for humanity... what have we become?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Well if you play out that horrific scenario, doubtless you'd have the "official report" that would say what it would have to say, and independent testing that disputed it. You could also do a nuke/dirty bomb mix to muck things up as well, I would assume. So agreed, you can fudge anything if you have to.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.....

Someone, somewhere, in the chain of command didn't go: "WTF?!? Why are we shipping 4 nukes to Tiawan? Hey Bob! Did you ok this order to ship 4 nukes to Tiawan?"

"No, I didn't. But let's go ask Dave. Hey Dave, do you know anything about this order to ship 4 nukes to Tiawan?"

"WHAT?!? That can't be right. Let's get Fred on the phone"......

Incompetence can be used to cover numerous examples of corruption and vile intentions.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The government will "know" who "did it" before the radioactive dust of the attack even settles.

The already poised and primed flying nukes of holy retribution shall be unleashed before the ink is dry on the "official" reports.

Any contrary results of an investigation after these events take place will be suppressed, disputed and buried.

Example: the events of Black Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well another implicit message was to China. Hey China! Taiwan has our latest balistic missile technology! Yo China ya hear that!. Make a move China go ahead make a move!

I hope I am right it could be that this is a reaction to the Taiwan shipping faux pas. Much better than the plausible deniability of lost nukes unleashed on our own nation!

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
1. 4 nukes didn't get shipped. 4 fuses got shipped, which is a huge difference. Somewhere along the line a comptroller screwed up and i'm sure he will be fired. You see when you order something in the military (like batteries) you use that items NSN number. Sometimes people make a mistake and use the wrong NSN, 1 wrong digit could be the difference between you getting a lightbulb and a anchor. BUT there are comptrollers in place above the units to make sure the NSN they request is the right one.

2. A full inventory by Serial is not out of the ordinary and it is a physical inspection. The tactical commander will take his master hand receipt and go around to each of the nuclear weapons and look at the serial on the data plate and match it to the one on the receipt that he signed when he took command. One time we had a guy leave a SINCGARS radio in his ruck and took it home. So our entire battalion had to lay out every radio so he could physically look at the serials to make sure they were in fact ours. This is the same concept just on a much larger scale.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by havingfun

Shouldn't nukes and nuke tech rise to a slightly different level than say a gov issued light bulb. I mean don't they classify this tech???

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
And if the numbers don't match, what then?

During a press conference after finding several small devices missing from our arsenal...

Bush: "Well, the nu-clear device probably went missing during the Clintons' administration anyway.. Next question.. Yes.."

Reporter: "I almost can't believable this. Mr. President, how does something like this even happen? Where is the accountab-"

Bush: "Let me tell you something.. My people tell me that they have these office supplies closets at places of work. Now, no matter how hard they try, no matter what procedures the bosses put in place, employees are going to steel pens from the supplies and bring them home. The current situation in the defense department is kind of like that."

Jon

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

of course. If i'm also pretty sure you can't just order a nuke. Serious questions would be asked like, Why do you need one? what happened to the old one? followed by a Inspector general and a carnival of auditors coming up in your @#$. Secondly, fuses are explosives, they have a small charge in them to detonate the larger charge yadda yadda. Therefore they have special shipping requirements and requisitions and whatnot. I just see a host of problems with this little mishap and a few people are going to be looking for jobs shorty.

Short answer to your question: Yes, not just anyone can order this stuff. Although, since it's not my area and I'm not familiar with the checks associated with ordering these parts i couldn't tell you who can.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

That is hilarious. Where could i find a transcript of that to print out and hang on my office door?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by havingfun
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Short answer to your question: Yes, not just anyone can order this stuff. Although, since it's not my area and I'm not familiar with the checks associated with ordering these parts i couldn't tell you who can.

They supposed ordered batteries and got nuclear triggers instead. These are highly classified. Stinks to high heaven.

And why should this inventory take 2 months to complete?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Stinks to high heaven.

And why should this inventory take 2 months to complete?

Kind of makes you wonder;

If it takes 2 months to complete an inventory, in case of nuclear war How long would the paperwork to release those nukes take to complete?

The "flip-side" to that question is, of course;

"How can the government claim to be prepared to respond to a nuclear attack, when it takes 2 months just to determine where all of our retaliatory arsenal is located?"

Perhaps it's just a standing order:

"In case of nuclear attack: Smoke 'em If you got 'em!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join