It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Your Sightings Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If any of you have seen a cryptid or a creature that you don't know, please post it here, even if it isn't that great. I want to see how many people are overreacting and how many people are keeping too much to themselves. Just curious.

TC

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It doesn't have to be your sighting either. It could be a family member's, a friend"s, or some guy's sighting that you heard about on the news. Pictures are great, videos are awesome! Anything is accepted..........

I just want to find out what is in the average cryptid sighting.... an overreaction, or a genuine sighting.

TC

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[edit on 27-3-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why not do a search? Most people that wanted to share an interesting story probably already have.. We have numerous accounts from ATS members.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't want to know about the cryptids, I want to know what's in a sighting. I want to take each one an see whether the person is seeing just a deer in the woods or a fish in the water or whether the person really saw something real. By seeing what the features of a misunderstood sighting are, we can tell whether something is real or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

www.underwatertimes.com...

Here are three strange creatures

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trash can

www.underwatertimes.com...

Here are three strange creatures

A fish, a whale carcass and supposedly the Mgolo Mbebe. Only the later is interesting in any way.

Well, I can post a picture of a leaf and then you can analyze wether a bigfoot is hiding under it or not.. I'm not sure what you are looking for, that can't be found in other postings.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trash can

I have to agree that it's a bit unclear what it is you're looking for. The Crypto forum is stuffed to the core with pictures of odd creatures, and threads of personal experiences... That's what the Crypto forum is all about after all.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
well, i'd just like t otell you that im being perfectly honest about what im going to tell you and im not asking anyone for there opinions except the thread poster.
First of all i live in maine and this took place on april vacation, i dont remember exactly what day, and ive been silent about this until i saw this thread.
one night i was in my room it was roughly 12:00 at night, i was packing for a trip to georgia when suddenly i hear a horribly loud shreik, it was almost inhuman it peirced my ears. i walked up the stairs to my kitchen which is directly above my room and has an overview of my back yard. i went onto my porch and turned on the light just so i could see in front of me then i walked to the door that leads to my backyard deck. i then turned on the light that is on my deck and there it was on the roof on the other side of the house, a big black thing. it was roughly 6' 4" from what i could tell and it had a gimp in its leg, i could tell because it looked like it was standing upright, it looked like it had horns or large ears but it was hard to tell because of the lighting. it had glowing eyes, basically like an animal in headlights. when i saw it i fell on my ass and i was scared as hell and i diddnt move from where i fell for about a half an hour, until i heard its ear peircing shreik again. after that i looked out and it was balanced on my fence then it jumped off and i lost sight of it. other details i recall were the smell of fresh cut grass and rotting flesh at the same time, also instead of entirely fur it was leathery at some parts of the body, it diddnt really look apelike but it was very muscular and tall. ive never seen this thing in my life and i havent seen it sence.

if anyone else has ever had an encounter with anything like this before email me at [email protected] thank you

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
id like to revise
it was february vacation

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Truly interesting story.

One question: How did it move? Did it walk or hop or fly? Jerky motions? Graceful? This to me sounds like a rare and unheard of cryptid.

However, the whole I was reading your post I was thinking mothman. But the fact that you didn't mention wings throws me off. If you want to you can start a thread out of this sighting and see what people think. Some people here are pretty good with cryptids.

Back to mothman: sightings include red hypnotic eyes, a loud screeching, and sometimes electrical devices (radio, alarm clock) go haywire when it approaches. Mothman is described as being the height of a tall man and being very muscular. Sometimes its wings are folded in to make it look like it doesn't have any.

I'll do a little searching and post here again when time permits. Again, thanks for posting.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe Ive had a few experiences with bigfoot, Though I didnt realize it at the time. I live up in WA and a few years ago when i was a senior in high school my friends and i used to go out to monroe to a friends house to party. The place was very far from town and ive had to walk that creepy road a few times and heard the screams in the distance. Its mostly farm land on a river that seperates it from the cascade's dense forests. There was only one or two houses near his, next to the river and swamps. But anyways his mom didnt like us all hanging at the house and drinking so we would walk a ways up the road to this bridge that had a large outcove and boatdock, It was over the river. The outcove was well lit by the moon but under the bridge was completly pitch black. There was usually a creature(we would go every friday for a month) Under the bride on the other side of the river. We caled it the troll. You could here it walking and it would throw giant rocks, bigger than a strong man could lift into the water. At first it scared us. But after awhile we decided if we each stayed on our own sides there wouldnt be much of a conflict.Ive even takin another group of boys out there and they wouldnt even get out of the car after hearing what was going on. Also why staying at the actually house we have heard a large bipedal creature walking around outside under the window(we were upstairs)We also could smell him sometimes, like garbage mixed with decaying animal. But some things happened where we realized what he was and i stopped going, I went back recently ill talk about it if i have space. There was word that a sasquatch nest was found nearby (you can read about it on BFRO snohomish county) And my boyfriend actually had an encounter with him, and seen him in full vision for the first time He was staying at my friend freds house up there, they went to the car to smoke but forgot the lighter so fred went back in, My bf heard a noise and looked up, at the barn stood a very tall furry creature, it looked at him and ran off. some prints were left. But they still didnt want to believe them, I wouldnt either if i lived there, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night. But back to my recent encounter, I went back up there with a video camera, unfortunatly i didnt catch anything, but something was throwing tiny rocks at us and we could hear wailing in the far distance.
But thats about it, oh yeah i contacted BFRO with this and they are planning on doing an ivestigation i believe so keep your ears out
thanx for reading

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Yep, this is almost definetly bigfoot. Strange how when you go up with a camera, you don't see it, but then again you can't see it every time. If you do see it frequently try taking a picture or maybe even recording the wails you hear.

I look forward to hearing what comes of this investigation of the property. If anything ineresting comes up, post here. Again, thanks for the post!

TC

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Your welcome, He would usually stay hidden, he only came into full view for us with my bf, im thinking of getting a sitter and camping a couple days there this summer, so possibly

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Cool, but if you can, let me in on the investigation. I think something will turn up.

TC

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
well, a few things, i couldent really tell how it moved because when i saw it i ducked behind a wall when i fell on my ass i only got two good looks at it on my roof and on my fence and when i was in my room my tv was working fine and so was my radio. plus i doubt it had wings because it had arms from what i could see so they wouldent be folded in
ive decided to call it maligg (malignant in name form)

since today ive told my local friends about it and they dont recall anything like a shreiking noise or anything like ive seen, ive also done a little bit of research and i think it might be something like the jersey devil

i just know i never want to see it or hear it ever again

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i had an experience about 20 years ago. i was hunting along the delaware above dingmans ferry in pa. i heard something large crash through the brush and there was a tractor road in between the 2 patches of woods. i assumed it was a deer but i found one bare footprint right in the middle of the road and the indentation was fairly deep for the temp at the time and it had no frost in it. road was approx 10' wide- i tried jumping it but had to leave at least 2 prints to get across.
next one was just back in thebeginning of oct. in stroudsburg. i was sitting in my tree stand just as it was getting light out and heard what i assumed was a buck in rut beating the # out of a tree and the tree was shaking good. after a few weeks i went and looked and there was no trace of any buck rubs scrapes etc.
i alsogot a glimpseof what i believe was a large cat with a long tail last year in the same place- hope it isn't a mountain lion- they scare me more than bigfoot.
and i get the feeling alot that i am being watched when i hunt and fish down there kind of eerie

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i just know i never want to see it or hear it ever again
If I were you, I'd definetly want to see/hear it again, just from a safe room or someting. Getting to study a creature like that is amazing.

The jersey devil has many different descriptions and that is what made me push that possibility away. Plus its origin/story seems like a campfire story to me. I'm still searching so I'll post here later.

Bigfoot1212: Thanks for the post. Whatever made that footprint must have been big if it could walk with only one track over the tractor trail. Not only did you have an experience with bigfoot but you saw a large wild cat. Mountain lions are big, and this could have been one but somehow I doubt it. Ever read about a cryptid sighting or something and just feel that it's genuine without looking at the facts or anything? Anyway, thanks for the post. If there is another encounter of any sort in the future with these animals I'd love to hear about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i doubt it was a mountain lion too- altho there have been unconfirmed reports of them here. my bro claims he saw one in jersey a few years ago. whatever it was was larger than a regular cat and had a thin tail. twilight and brush can play tricks on you- maybe was a coyote? lots of them around here. altho one thing i did tell bfro was ever since the tree rattling and possible cat i saw no deer for about 2 months which is very strange for that spot. and yes i do believe some people are genuine in what they have seen with no proof- too many credible people have seen things- they just keep quiet for being scared of being ridiculed. i am not claiming anything as too what these were i'm just saying what i saw and heard.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There was an episode on Monsterquest about laege wild cats and lions in places like NJ, PA, places like that. The show is on at 9:00 on Wednesday nights before UFO Hunters if you're interested

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join