It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training crows to pick up our loose change...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is probably the most amazing idea I've seen for a long time... We all know how smart crows are and I'm sure most of us have experienced crows in one form or another being smart... I for instance had a run in with a crow who tried to poop on me... Yes he tried to poop on me and he knew what he was doing, luckily i saw it all play out and got out of the way, but he was dive bombing me on purpose and knew what he was doing... I've also heard town meeting between crows... I know that sounds crazy, but there were about 300 in a huge tree where I used to live and I swear I would hear 1 bird talking, then the whole group would join in, then again the group would go quiet and the single bird would start talking again... It sounded like a town meeting.. these birds are smart... Probably much smarter than we give them credit for!

Now there is a project happening that is attempting to teach crows how to pick up loose change and possibly even garbage in exchange for food... This guy has developed a vending machine that does just that and birds are smart enough to use it... And they do...

Web Link

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

We have ravens here a larger version of a crow. Yes, they are extremely smart. They've been getting free Hand-0uts here way too long! Jerad a huge pitch black raven is the grandaddy of them all. He nor his family members have ever pooped on me.
I'm thinking the vending machine is a GREAT idea. So all I have to do is fill it up with tasty morsels and Jerad (and his family) have to cough-up a quarter to get some. I'm going to be rich!!! I know he can do this. Thanks, ElectricUncleSam.

I'm into money, here birdie, birdie. lol

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Ya me and that crow didn't get along... He would try to and sometimes I'd catch him and yell at him.. He'd land and gawk at me... Don't know what was up with him or her, but I could tell for some reason it didn't like me...

I wonder when one of these vending machines will become available...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh, neato! I sure could use one of those money-making, birdie-feeding machines to help pay for a new car.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Oh, neato! I sure could use one of those money-making, birdie-feeding machines to help pay for a new car.

No kidding... I could use the extra change... Might actually be worth something once they stop making it...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ok I saw 4 crows flying over the house today, so they're here... Anyone want to send me one of these vending machines? I'll train them... (ya right)... I'll try... :bnghd:

join