It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a Freemason? Anyone know a Mason?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
It all does seem to point back to an ancient gnosis and paganism in more ways then one doesn't it? And it does seem to refuse to acknowlege one's faith and take it out of context in a cunning manner as well.

I'm not sure what's giving you that impression. Masonry is a product of the Enlightenment... there really is no connection to the Templars, to Ancient Egypt, or anything else of the sort. Many authors (including Masonic authors) have tried to make a connection, but there is absolutely no credible evidence that it exists, or that Masonry existed in any recognizable form prior to the 1700's.

Masonry does not "refuse to acknowlege [sic]" one's faith. Masonry is a place where people of many faiths (and political beliefs... and social status) can come together as equals, learn, improve themselves, and do good things for the community.

Most Masons that I know are devout Christians (this area is very Baptist). I'm the lone non-Christian in my lodge...

Well I respect the fact that you are not a Christian. My beef is with Christianity becoming subjective to Freemasonry.

I'm not denying that spiritualism is being used in the craft, that's at least a good thing but you would be foolish not to see the mockery that Freemasonry does make out of religion. I also think that the craft attempts to take the glory and the credit away from our authority in our Lord Jesus Christ. I am not saying that all of the Christian Masons are going to hell because of it, heck we are all frail and it is easy to be fooled in this world that we are bound to. I try to be perfect as I can, through my faith. I don't need Freemasonry and neither does anyone else, IMHO.

Also, don't be offended but I don't believe those numbers you gave on masonic charity to be incorrect, they are exaggerated. I am almost willing to bet that at least one third if not two thirds goes to those who are part of the "IN" crowd as well because after all, if you are in then you are "Free and accepted" but if you are out, then you are still in the darkness (that's not what I believe).

Sleep on it.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Straighten Arrow]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by thetruth777

What are we funding? Scholarships, hospitals, schools. You know, things that strive to improve the quality of life for everyone everywhere, one person at a time. (The real secret of the New World Order? Socialized medicine!)

Scholarships? Schools?

You mean public indoctrination?

Socialized medicine?

AKA population control/eugenics?

So it appears you are NOT let in on the Freemason agendas even at the 32nd degree!

You realize Freemasonry is an Elitist front with an agenda of population control and the centralization of power into the hands of the few?

Anyway, do 33rd degreers know ANYTHING of the Agenda?

Truth, if you are not a Mason, how do you know this for sure? Where have you received such information that you believe so strongly? I am new to this board but there are Masonary members politely responding to some of your questions, and you are making blanket accusations. I am open to many things, and always think for myself. It would seem to me that such a secret society planning to control the world would not have high ranking members posting freely on a forum.

I believe that there are groups with secretive agendas, I do not believe that the Mason's are one.

You ask questions throughout the thread but in the next line, you answer your own question. I would just like to know where you have got such information from "reliable" sources? It was asked a few times over 8 pages and you have not come back to state where you have learned this...You make strong accusations but not a shred of evidence to back it up.

I am not trying to put down your view, but interested as to how you know all this and you are not a Mason?

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Comsence2075]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

What are your thoughts on Freemasonry and a one world religion?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As of now, I do not say with certainty that anything is 100% right or wrong when talking about this kind of thing. I am always open to others views.

I would say I "hope" that the idea of a one world religion and the NWO are not true, but I can't say for sure. I definitely believe that there are secret poweful groups that operate but I have not seen a lot of proof to back many of these theories up that go along with them.

I do not know enough about Freemasonary to make an educated statement yet. It just appears to me that so many Masons would not be posting so freely is there was such a secret agenda.

I will admit that I get nervous and firmly object when I read news articles about things like the national id card because I feel it is a violation of our civil liberties and, "may" substantiate some theories. However, I am the kind of person that needs to see more than theories with no evidence to believe in a CT.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

Ok, you are good man and I agree with you! Although it does seem to be the direction that we are headed in. And I hope that the thribulation does not happen in our lifetime but if it does then I am ready to stand firm. As for in the today and the now, I am not going to worry or live in fear of it, that's just ridiculous. But I will however keep alert as much as possible.

By the way, I don't hate or conspire against my government. In fact I love my country, I'm just like you and hope that there is no such agenda. Your avatar rocks!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Straighten Arrow

yeah i would say that . however I do belive that some pagan belifes are better than the christian god since the christian god , demands of you that there is one ruler to judge us all, there by giving the impression of class diffrence and that we are not the same and It is above all else.

I belive that the One true god is the natural cycle through out the universe meaning animals you and me since we all come from the same source witch is atoms then it make sence to me that all is everything and and all is nothing and can become what the forces chooses... and if you take the Bible many of the scriptures are borrowed from others to make a whole and if you take the originals and the symbology and picture language used originally then we are back to the pagan ocult theme anyways..

but if you belive that one guy/god is the ruler and he has won then Iam sad becourse there should never be a ruler since all are equals those claiming to be better are the ones that are wrong IMO

so with that in mind it dosen't seem so far fetched that they belived they where gods, since we all are we just have to realise it ofcourse then there where those who claimed only they where the rulers/gods something like that is the wrong illusion IMO

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
TO WHO EVER

OK i saw in a earlier post that someone mentioned Freemasonry and Masonry so is there a diffrence? Can't find the post I saw maybe im to tired atm. But if anyone know I would apreciate it

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by a-being-?

That's cool, I have no beef with what you believe in. My beef is with how Freemasonry contradicts Christianity.

If I am not mistaken Masonry can be referred to as in building structures such as laying bricks and such while Freemasonry is an occult.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by a-being-?
TO WHO EVER

OK i saw in a earlier post that someone mentioned Freemasonry and Masonry so is there a diffrence? Can't find the post I saw maybe im to tired atm. But if anyone know I would apreciate it
I think Axeman made a typo. He was comparing Ancient Egyptians and Freemasons in that post, as far as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
In all seriouslness though, of course there are, "connections" (I use that term cautiously) between Masonry and Freemasonry.

Woops. Yeah that should have been "Ancient Egypt" and "Freemasonry."

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I also think that the craft attempts to take the glory and the credit away from our authority in our Lord Jesus Christ.

In what specific way do you think that Freemasonry does that? We're encouraged to be more active participants in our faith of choice, so for the Christian, this would seem to have the opposite effect of what you're describing. As I said, in my lodge, most people are devout Baptists (i.e. Conservative, Fundamentalist Christians). I think they'd beg to differ with your assesment.

I don't need Freemasonry and neither does anyone else, IMHO.

I don't need it either, but I enjoy it. It's a voluntary club that any man of good character can join; Masonry itself - unlike religions, I'd add - does not suggest that anyone "needs" it.

Also, don't be offended but I don't believe those numbers you gave on masonic charity to be incorrect, they are exaggerated. I am almost willing to bet that at least one third if not two thirds goes to those who are part of the "IN" crowd as well because after all, if you are in then you are "Free and accepted" but if you are out, then you are still in the darkness (that's not what I believe).

Well you can believe what you want, regardless of the facts... that's your choice. Masons support the Shriners Burn Hospitals which treat child burn victims for free, regardless of whether their parents are Masons or not (most are not, I'd assume). I linked you to the Grand Lodge of Kentucky, my home state Grand Lodge, which lists some of its charities. For example, we give $7.5 million per year to Kosair Charities, which provides funding for needy children who need pediatric care in the Greater Louisville area. And, I also mentioned to you my individual lodge, which provides a college scholarship to one kid at our local high school each year... These are real things that I know for certain - because I've personally worked on them - that are going to benefit the community as a whole. I don't know how anyone could find fault in charity work - but whatever!

[edit on 4/7/2008 by JustMe74]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981

Originally posted by lazy1981

My God and the one that you don't believe in.

I did'nt know that GOD belonged to anyone ("My GOD") and how do you know that I don't believe in Him?

Well that's only because you are taking it out of context.

No, I don't think that I did. At first I was being facetious until I realized that you show the characteristics of a typical "holier than thou" Christian. You made that point clear by assuming that I did not believe in "Your God." Point in fact I am a practicing Lutheran, I just don't make it a point to wear it on my sleeve like a zealot. This is why I said "I didn't know GOD belonged to anyone." Anyway we are way off the mark in this post and I must assume responsibility for that, seeing as how I solicited the exchange in the first place. However my point stands.

Apologies to all for getting off topic.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Simma down now..

We all know who Arrow is.. even if the Mods pretend they don't.. He is not really as Christian as he claims he is.. hes a troll, who trolls, and pretends to be the "hollier then thou Christian" when in reality I honestly doubt it. He displays the typical characteristic of someone who says outlandish things for no reason except to derail threads and spur argument over menial topics..

I can't count on all the fingers and toes I got how many times he has said something along the lines "I have changed" or something along the lines of he was wrong about Masonry and so forth. Just to renig on what he said the next day.

Trolls belong on the black list.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

That realy is a great tour (even though it's online) I have never seen a Masonic Temple from the inside. Only drawings in books and on TV or what have you. As I've said before I've been interested in Masonry for quite a while and have found the ornateness of the buildings (through drawings) very interesting. That is the fist time I have ever seen a real one and as I said it is far from the notion of what I get by the examples I've seen. I didn't know that you could tour a Masonic Temple? Is that common practice? As I said before the grander ones that existed in Chicago are all gone. As I mentioned before The Logan Square Masonic Temple was bought by a Baptist Church (at least it went into good hands) I would have loved to see what it looked like inside in it's day. You can see a picture of it if you like at www.armitagechurch.org click on their home page. Then click on the "about us link" at the bottom of that page you'll see a link that says "history of Armitage." Click that and on that page there will be some pics. It's the third one down. It's quite an impossing building (54,000 sq. ft) as far as the average Masonic Temple goes. You can see the Three Pilllars very clearly in the picture.

There was also the Paul Revere Lodge #998 on Wilson and Asland that recently sold to a Buddist Temple because they couldn't afford upkeep anymore. They rehabbed it very nicely I must say. Otherwise it would have been condemed, most probably torn down and turned into Condos. (I loath Condos) Chicago is loosing it's culture to them. People know the the price of everything and the value of nothing nowadays. You would be supprised at the amount beautiful structures and history that has been lost here due to the boom in Condos.

In any event, if you should come acros any pictures or online tours like the prev. one feel free to share. It would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by lazy1981

Simma down now..

As allways Rock, you never fail to jump in rite on time. "Simma down now.." Thanks I needed that. I almost choked on my water. (Had to spit it out) LMFAO Point taken.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Straighten Arrow, may I point out here that while all of masonic charity does actually go to charity, most churches' collections, by their own admission, go 100% to the church. If you are against collections going to the collector, but rather to charity, why do you attack an organization which lives up to your ideals, but belong to an organization which, by their own admission, does that exact thing which you are condemning?

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Saurus]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You might be interested in reviewing the following site.

www.grandcharity.org...

You will find a great deal of information about charitable support from the freemasons in England and Wales. Please note as you identify the large number of external charities supported by UGLE that all monies are raised from freemasons themselves and not the general public.

You will also want to bear in mind that the huge sums of money raised by provincial grand lodges and private lodges are outside the scope of this site, and of course monies raised by freemasons outside of their masonic capacity is never regarded as masonic giving.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
this threat makes no sense? asking theM! hA! why woudl they gladdly admit to being invovled in new world order, creation of amreican empire? i think not? no chance of honest reply. none.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yawa_em_koot_sneila

Look heres someone who is using a second account to make a pointless post.
Some people need to get a life.
I Myself have one, it even exists outside of the Masonic lodge, where infact NOONE is trying to take over the world. I must say waht a bunch of fools to think so. Some people just need to get a grip on reality.
Peace
Maxx

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Wait till you get to the inner circle of the 33rd degree.

You'll be wishing you never joined!

Wow, My Father is a 33rd & I'm a 32nd. The Red Sox finally won a World Series a couple years ago...so maybe you're right!

No use with this guy. So why even try....

[edit on 22-4-2008 by hammerhead]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join