It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a Freemason? Anyone know a Mason?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I had a friend who was a Mason in Hong Kong, but he wouldnt say anything in the beginning but only refers it as "The Bow Tie Club." It was only months later that he tell me he was a Mason.
I believe this is the lodge he belongs to.

www.zetlandhall.com...

[edit on 30-3-2008 by damefool]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by damefool

Pretty cool, it looks like you can play a game of checkers pretty much where ever you wanted to!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikee
None of the real masons would tell you a word about their activities and rituals. They will be killed and tortured for doing that. So continue listen to the beautiful stories.....

LOL Ha Ha Ha. Hang on while I pick my urn up....Ha Ha. One minute I've been asked to enter the Tomb of Eternal Darkness. Apparently I'll be bummed to death then brought back to life by the God of Anal Pain..

For cryin out loud so many of you have these opinions. So quick to ridicule and vilify. Yet none of you have answers. Reasonable or not. None of you have explanations or reason. You are so camped it's crazy. Stuck in your own little worlds.

Masons are not even close to evil. In fact The Catholic Church has used faith for it's own good more times than anyone can imagine. The Bible has been changed over the years to fit what the Church needed at that time.

The very history of Man has been altered to fit in. Why, Cause it brings in the money. Thats why.

Masons do not use Religion as a vehicle for gain ( financially speaking, though there are certain events within the Masonic calender where they will raise money for there respective communitys, charitys)

They will never look upon the community for money, Never.

There are Lodges all over the Planet, but ultimately they are the same. Brothers of differing skin and Religious beliefs.

They remain annonymous through pride and nothing else.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Straighten Arrow
reply to post by damefool

Pretty cool, it looks like you can play a game of checkers pretty much where ever you wanted to!

I think it was the entrance and the Blue room that you refer to..

I once asked him what you guys do there, and be basically just said, "give away money to charity"... My friend was a pretty well off Australian.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
DO I know a Mason? I don't know. He claims it, but seems to good a man to be one.

hmm. I've learned so much from him, how could he be an evil NWO supporter (which he is)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm a FCM, F.&A.M. Washington State, USA. I'll be advanced to Master in May 2008. There's really nothing secret about our organization. As far as I can tell, you'll be better off talking about the conspiracies of the Counsel of 12 or something. Really. Everything you ever wanted to know about Masonry is a Google search away. Anything "above" 33 degree is simply unknown to a real Mason. So don't accuse us of some grand conspiracy we're not even aware of.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
my grandfather was a mason and my bff is a mason. in the county i live in there are 5 or 6 maby more masonic lodges alone so first off i'd like to say that the lodges arrent any different than all the churches in the place where u live in the sense that they are all practicing different things possibly to keep themselves confused as true masonry is only allowed to the few elite just like not every catholic has mass in rome and only the pope and all the bishops practice true catholicism second my grandfather wasnt the greatest man he was a womanizer & i also caught wind of him being inapropriate with some young women yet my bff on the other hand seems to be the best friend a guy could ask for and back over to the other hand Alister Crowly was a mason too (for those of you who dont know who he is he openly practiced satanic rituals and sacrificed human beings to satan) and the question i'd like to ask is do the masonic lodges ever turn down people who ask for membership and if so cant they go to another lodge to gain membership? and most of you who dont know this there is quite a bit of info available to you about masons being responsible for the secret moon bases and mars basesand of coarse those of you who are masons dont know anything about that cuz yer not entitled to that kind of info just as becsuse person is catholic does not entitle them to elect a pope.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh no! Don't tell me someone has found out Freemasonry plans to bomb Iran and blame Cheney-Bush?
I have been a Freemason for X years now, and apart from World domination, truth subjagation most of the rest of my time has been spent in the insidious pursuit of helping the less fortunate!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
(for those of you who dont know who he is he openly practiced satanic rituals and sacrificed human beings to satan)

Seriously, do you have a source for these allegations? Human sacrifice, hey? Is everything that is non-Christian satanic? Are Muslims satanic? Define satanic. (You might want to check out this thread.)

I miss Cug. He used to love these kinds of comments.

and the question i'd like to ask is do the masonic lodges ever turn down people who ask for membership and if so cant they go to another lodge to gain membership?

I'm curious about this as well. What kind of information is kept on people who didn't make the cut? Is there some sort of national database? If I'm not accepted in a Texas lodge, can I try again in a New York Lodge? (assuming that both lodge are regular)

and most of you who dont know this there is quite a bit of info available to you about masons being responsible for the secret moon bases and mars basesand of coarse those of you who are masons dont know anything about that cuz yer not entitled to that kind of info

ya di ya di da, yet you are somehow privy to this hidden information. Are you a 360° mason?

I think a MOD should sticky one of the numerous threads discussing these suppose "high-degree masons". It keeps coming up.

[edit on 31/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
ok heres the thing first of all im not a christian nor a mason nor any religion for that matter im not athiest either and on that note no just because something is "not christian" doesnt mean its satanic however crowly was known as being the wickedest man alive and i may be wrong about the human sacrficing and he did practice in the dark arts and mr anton zandor lavey(founder of the church of satan) practically idolized crowley. and crowley did go on to help found not just one but 3 occult practices (given christianity started out an an occult practice too)so now we've come to the realization that all truth started out as blasphemy. so maby it blasphemous to say that masons are trying to take over the world but if any of you get the chance you should try reading Behold a Pale Hourse ineresting stuff in that book and and if you thnk the stuff in that bok isnt true then look up to see how the author met his timley demise. if u truly know whats going on in the world then thats how you'll know what happens when you betray the masons(mr cooper was not a mason he was in the de molay society which is the masonic youth and thats why he was entrusted into such vital information) i may be wrong about some things but i'll admit to them when i am but please i urge you to all read that book and it will help shed a lot of light od the subject of masonry

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by the basset hound

I haven't read his book, but I have watched some of his lectures. Granted, he died under suspicious circumstances, but this does little to validate all his claims. (the same thing is said of Phil Schneider)

Our very own John Lear seems to think very highly of Mr. Cooper. I remember he was one of the first conspiracy theorist I encountered a while back. Here's what the Masons think of him.

Do you believe everything Cooper wrote in his book?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I can't say that i believe EVERYTHING but there is too much to ignore to just dismiss all as false information i would say as he did read it and make your own educated decision (hopefully we make the right decision and if he is right we should be on the verge of full scale revolution) but whatever

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981

I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about Bush Senior. Not that I agree with his accusation at all, but isn't G. Bush Senior a Shriner? If so he wouldn't he have joined in the days when you had to be 33deg. to get into the Shriners?

No, George H.W. Bush is not a Mason either. The last President who was a Mason was Brother Gerald R. Ford.

Ford was one of the two US Presidents who was also a 33° Scottish Rite Mason (the other was Truman). Ford was a Shriner (as was Truman).

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

I'm curious about this as well. What kind of information is kept on people who didn't make the cut? Is there some sort of national database? If I'm not accepted in a Texas lodge, can I try again in a New York Lodge? (assuming that both lodge are regular)

There is not a national database, and the technical rules vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

In my jurisdiction, if an applicant is denied admission, he is automatically re-voted on the following month, unless he withdraws his petition. If he fails the ballot the second time, he can re-apply in six months, and so on.

Once an applicant petitions one Lodge, he cannot petition another within the state. However, if he moves out of state permanently, he is free to petition a Lodge in his new home state.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
however crowly was known as being the wickedest man alive

That was just what the yellow press called him (English magazines similar to the National Enquirer). It sold papers.

and i may be wrong about the human sacrficing and he did practice in the dark arts

Actually, Crowley was a White Magician. It can't be denied that he thought his sinister reputation was funny, and he himself contributed to it on purpose. He apparently thought that all publicity was good publicity.

and mr anton zandor lavey(founder of the church of satan) practically idolized crowley

Actually, LaVey didn't care for Crowley, and was very critical of him. He didn't idolize him at all. Many have suggested that LaVey was simply jealous of Crowley.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Today I am a Royal Arch Mason. Saturday,5 April, I will be doing a one day to climb the ladder to The Top of the York Rite side of Freemasonry. I am a proud Mason Brother Here in Rapid City, SD #25, and will tell all the secrets right now...
THERE ARE NO SECRETS!!!
I will not blast you "777" for being ignorant of what really happens for in order to REALLY know what happens you would have to OPEN your tiny mind. I am not only a Freemason, but I am a minister of the work of God. I take great offence to your trying to stir up something that doesn't exist. I see you use the numerical "777" with your name. Is this because you are Christian? I too am Christian, and in being Christian I have found that we as Christian are not supposed to JUDGE. By doing so we stand in judgement ourselvs. To make My point and get off this silly discussion i add this.
You sir are WRONG. (PERIOD)
Theres nothing more to say on the subject... I am finished with YOU.
Peace
Maxx

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I wonder if people are confusing The Order of the Golden Dawn with Masonry. Crowley practically created GD, if I'm not mistaken, with the help of such famous personalities as Y.B.Yeats, and George Cecil Jones. Actually, a short history appears to be written here. As happens often, my own knowledge is skewed. I learned a lot by reading that link. I wonder how accurate it is...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

That's not true. I'm not a Mason and I have no problem being in agreement with the notion of Masonry "making good men better." I think the word you where searching for was "anti-Mason."

Now, take it back.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watermonkey
I wonder if people are confusing The Order of the Golden Dawn with Masonry. Crowley practically created GD, if I'm not mistaken, with the help of such famous personalities as Y.B.Yeats, and George Cecil Jones.

Crowley didn't create, but participated in its destruction.

He was initiated into the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in 1898, at the Isis-Urania Temple which met at Mark Masons Hall in London. He rose quickly through the degrees in the Outer Order, but made lots of enemies there. Nobody could deny that he was studious, dedicated, and perhaps even brilliant. But the Temple's leadership didn't think that potential Adepts should be out partying, chasing women, and generally raising hell, all of which Crowley was doing with a certain amount of glee.

Crowley was passed through the Portal Grade, but when it became time for him to apply to receive the degree of Adeptus Minor, the first in the Inner Order, he was denied. He wrote a letter to Supreme Magus Macgregor Mathers in Paris to complain that he was was being treated unfairly by the London Adepti. Mathers then invited him to Paris, where he himself initiated Crowley as an Minor Adept, then sent Crowley back to London to asct as his personal representative.

The London Temple refused to accept Crowley's authority. Indeed, Yeats, who was Chief Adept, ordered Crowley to be thrown out of the building. These tensions between London and Paris, with Crowley acting as hostile medium, led the Golden Dawn to break apart into factions. Crowley himself formed his own faction with co-founder George Cecil Jones, known as A.'.A.'.

Concerning Crowley's Masonic career:

In 1900, he received a patent of the 33° from an irregular Cerneau Rite in Mexico (he had not at that ever been initiated in Masonry; anyone could buy a 33° patent from the Mexican Cerneau Rite).

Four yeras later, in 1904, Crowley was initiated as an Entered Apprentice in an English - speaking Lodge in Paris working under the clandestine Grand Lodge of France. Several months later, Crowley was raised as a Master Mason in this Lodge, but returned to England without really participating in it.

Crowley was denied admission to Masonic Lodges in England under the pretense that his mother Lodge was clandestine. Crowley then petitioned the United Grand Lodge of England to be "healed" (changed from a clandestine Mason to a legitimate one). His claim was denied. Many historians believe that he was denied because many Grand Lodge officers had also been leaders of the Golden Dawn, and Crowley had previously presented his case in the various volumes of "The Equinox" that they were frauds.

Crowley then moved to the USA, and for whatever reason, demanded a seat on the Supreme Council 33° of the Scottish Rite for the Northern Jurisdiction. The Supreme Council did not recognize Crowley as a legitimate Mason, much less a Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the 33°. His demand was refused, and the Supreme Council did not allow him entry.

After this, Crowley quickly began bearing a grudge against orthodox Masonry, and became sort of an anti-Mason. He then began dedicating his time and energies to building up his own initiatory society, the Ordo Templi Orientis, and ignoring legitimate Freemasonry.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

What is meant by "clandestine?" Do you you refer to "irregular" Masonic Lodges as they are called when they are outside the authority of the Grand Lodges due to some misbehavior, or do you mean something else?

On a side note, you tell history quite well. You should teach. It seems to suit you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join