It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a Freemason? Anyone know a Mason?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

I think no matter what is said to you, you are still not going to believe. Maybe stop being so narrow minded and have an open mind to all topics, not just freemasonry. It is all very well and good being opionated but when you dont even listen to the other side of the story, or someone elses views, that is when people start to loose patience with you. I personally do not believe what you are saying, and can you prove to us your version of freemasonry, without stating a 101 conspiracy theories in one, is true? Good Day.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Paper_Chaser]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
reply to post by Masonic Light

Interesting. I thought it was the MASONS who pretty much *founded* America, and gave you your liberties in the first place.

So it means America was always under British control?

America IS under British control. Technically UK owns America through IRS.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

Huh? What do you think the UK has to do with IRS?

Besides, if any foreign power owns the USA, it's certainly not England. It's China, through a multi-trillion dollar national debt.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by freighttrain

Huh? What do you think the UK has to do with IRS?

Besides, if any foreign power owns the USA, it's certainly not England. It's China, through a multi-trillion dollar national debt.

And Britain has a puppet Communist government in China.

Ever wonder why the "cold war" against Communism has stopped with the fall of the USSR?

The USSR was the enemy to the NWO, while China is both an asset (cheap labor) and a model society.

Ever wonder why Britain was so keen to sell opium to China in the 19th century?

TO DESTROY CHINESE SOVEREIGNTY AND INSTALL A PUPPET GOVERNMENT (Mao Zedong)

Stalin and Napoleon did NOT adhere to the Agenda, and therefore had to be defeated.

Now, Islam is enemy of the Brotherhood, and is framed for terrorism.

War on terror = War on Natural Rights and Sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have been reluctant to reply to this thread as I'm not certain of the OP's intentions. It appears that he/she is (at best) misinformed as to the truth about Masonry...but there could be other agenda afoot. Can't tell for sure.

At any rate, I decided to reply really only because I just bought a new laptop with wireless internet capabilities and I generally do very little in the way of actual "work" on Friday afternoons anyway. So here I sit (trying to figure this darned thing out....)

So, to answer the OP's question. I guess it's apparent by now that there are numerous Masons on this forum. Those of us who ARE Masons certainly KNOW some Masons and several who are not Masons also know a Mason or two.

My personal response is about the same as Masonic Light's. I'm a Master Mason (member in Kentucky and Missouri) Past Master of my Lodge, a York Rite (Knight Templar) Mason, 32nd Degree, K.C.C.H. in Scottish Rite (belong in Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO) as well as a member of several appendant and invitational groups.

I've always enjoyed Masonry...even when I'm accused of atrocities by people who have no clue what I've done.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
I have been reluctant to reply to this thread as I'm not certain of the OP's intentions. It appears that he/she is (at best) misinformed as to the truth about Masonry...but there could be other agenda afoot. Can't tell for sure.

At any rate, I decided to reply really only because I just bought a new laptop with wireless internet capabilities and I generally do very little in the way of actual "work" on Friday afternoons anyway. So here I sit (trying to figure this darned thing out....)

So, to answer the OP's question. I guess it's apparent by now that there are numerous Masons on this forum. Those of us who ARE Masons certainly KNOW some Masons and several who are not Masons also know a Mason or two.

My personal response is about the same as Masonic Light's. I'm a Master Mason (member in Kentucky and Missouri) Past Master of my Lodge, a York Rite (Knight Templar) Mason, 32nd Degree, K.C.C.H. in Scottish Rite (belong in Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO) as well as a member of several appendant and invitational groups.

I've always enjoyed Masonry...even when I'm accused of atrocities by people who have no clue what I've done.

Wait till you get to the inner circle of the 33rd degree.

You'll be wishing you never joined!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What amazes me is that Mr. (thetruth777) comes on here asking questions because he doesn't have the answers. Obviously not a freemason.

Then he goes on to be proficient to the point that he knows MORE than the freemasons themselves.

And what is this conjecture based on? "I read it on the internet".

I'll ask you Mr. thetruth777. What are you intentions with this post? To gain truth on the subject? Or is to run around like a chicken with his head cut off screaming that the sky is falling?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And you know this for a fact?

If so, HOW do you know it?

Did YOU make it to the (so-called) "inner circle of the 33rd Degree?" If not, how can you be so sure.

You do realize (surely) that the 33rd Degree is part of the Scottish Rite and holds NO authority over the Grand Lodges? Nor over Master Masons (3rd Degree) Nor the York Rite (Royal Arch Masons, Royal & Select Masters, Knights Templer) Right?

Like I said, I was reluctant to even reply.

Now I know why.

As I said, you're grossly misinformed. If you'd care for factual information, any of us here would be glad to point you in the right direction. If you prefer to continue to post such unsubstantiated replies as above, well...you won't be alone.

Best,

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

And you know this for a fact?

If so, HOW do you know it?

Did YOU make it to the (so-called) "inner circle of the 33rd Degree?" If not, how can you be so sure.

You do realize (surely) that the 33rd Degree is part of the Scottish Rite and holds NO authority over the Grand Lodges? Nor over Master Masons (3rd Degree) Nor the York Rite (Royal Arch Masons, Royal & Select Masters, Knights Templer) Right?

Like I said, I was reluctant to even reply.

Now I know why.

As I said, you're grossly misinformed. If you'd care for factual information, any of us here would be glad to point you in the right direction. If you prefer to continue to post such unsubstantiated replies as above, well...you won't be alone.

Best,

Most Freemasons genuinely think Freemasonry is an innocent, fundaraiser secret society.

Only the top realizes what Freemasonry truly is.

The rest (most members) think it's fun and games.

That's what they have low initiates think...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Most Freemasons genuinely think Freemasonry is an innocent, fundaraiser secret society.

Uhm-hmmm. All that's been said on this site over and over (check out the archives...this isn't a new statement)

Thanks though, for totally ignoring my very direct questions. I see now for sure why you're posting all this nonsense.

Have fun.

Adios

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Then my great grandfather and his son, my great uncle know something that the rest of us dont? (they were/are both 33 degree masons.)

I would say again, as I mentioned earlier...
There may be people within the masons who are part of a global conspiracy...but they are not only in the masons, but in every organized religion and organization...trying to influence direction from within.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

Yeah, he's going on my ignore list as well... my first response after he started making unfounded allegations was to ask him to back them up and he's made no attempts to do so, and continued to spew more hateful, false and inflammatory b.s.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
It was explained to me that the higher he goes within the organization- the more money he would have access to.
I believe this intro was for me to help get higher up their ladder to play with bigger money because they really like him personally.
Yeah, sorry. It doesn't work like that. You can go all the way "up the ladder" in about 3 months most of the time. Some people even do it in a day. And you're not going to "access to more money" by moving from Entered Apprentice to Fellowcraft to Master Mason. Such a claim makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Im not sure why you started this thread. I seems that you just want to argue with people about what they do. Every time someone answers one of your questions you just talk down to them and call them liars.

You should at least go into a discussion with an open mind and listen to what people have to say. Instead of just going straight to ridicule and accusing people of lying.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

He realy isn't looking for an honest discussion. It's a simple tactic of baiting a person/people into a one sided debate that you have no intention of discussing as much as slandering ones reputation.

For the life of me I don't understand why you guys (Masons) even mix it up with people like this. He's not going to let it go or even listen to what you have to say. Most of us on ATS held some similar views at some point and eventualy through reason seen the truth of the matter. Although some things happened in Masonry that were of a dubious nature it wasn't the organization as a whole nor was it some plot that ran throughout.

People like this can not be informed by way of reason! If they ever let it go they have to see it for themselves. And some never will.

YOUR ONLY FEEDING INTO HIS/HER NEGATIVITY. And that's all that he/she wants.

I should have read on before I posted this, Paper_chaser summed it up well. Too late I suppose.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

First, let me state in no uncertain terms that George W. Bush is not now, nor has ever been, a Freemason.

I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about Bush Senior. Not that I agree with his accusation at all, but isn't G. Bush Senior a Shriner? If so he wouldn't he have joined in the days when you had to be 33deg. to get into the Shriners?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
reply to post by Choronzon

For the life of me I don't understand why you guys (Masons) even mix it up with people like this. He's not going to let it go or even listen to what you have to say. Most of us on ATS held some similar views at some point and eventualy through reason seen the truth of the matter. Although some things happened in Masonry that were of a dubious nature it wasn't the organization as a whole nor was it some plot that ran throughout.

People like this can not be informed by way of reason! If they ever let it go they have to see it for themselves. And some never will.

YOUR ONLY FEEDING INTO HIS/HER NEGATIVITY. And that's all that he/she wants.
Obviously, it's a challenge to have something you believe in attacked, so the gut reaction is to come to its defense. As Masons, we're even warned not to take the bait!

...neither are you to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it.
Monitor of the Lodge, Charge to the Entered Apprentice Mason

I do believe, to some extent, that by exposing ourselves to the controversy, and to a lesser extent entering into the fray, we become better prepared to more correctly inform those who DO have honest questions about Masonry. Certainly, even on ATS, the Masons here can learn from each other as much as they contribute themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about Bush Senior. Not that I agree with his accusation at all, but isn't G. Bush Senior a Shriner? If so he wouldn't he have joined in the days when you had to be 33deg. to get into the Shriners?

Actually you never had to be a 33rd but only a 32nd to be a Shriner. And, no, George Bush is not a Mason OR a Shriner. Never has been.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I can see why you guys feel the need to defend. Just try to keep what I said in mind. Some times it's realy not to your benefit. And furthermore it can fuel that fire to the point that when another person asks a question or makes a point (in earnest) in the future this experience may cause you to respond differently. An otherwise harmless question may get an abrupt response because of someones like this. So try not to feed his negativity. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

I could have swore I've seen him wearing a Shriners hat. I hate being wrong twice in one post.
Oh well, I can't realy substantiate my claim beyond my own recollections so I'm not going to argue the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join