It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here a Freemason? Anyone know a Mason?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

i do believe that this "theory" is correct, all secrets get out

I have some older relatives which ive heard were masons so ive been hooked on researching them ever since

not all things on tv are bs, i watched a masonic docu program and it said masons are called "Free masons" because it means they are "Free minded" (Open Minded) which i believe in totally

That's not true. It's true Masonry does teach tolerance, and therefore a mason tries to have an open mind. However the name of "Free mason" has to do with the old Guilds of practicing masons...in Europe hundreds of years ago people could not freely travel, serfdom meant servitude. You couldn't simply pack up and go to another kingdom or lord....where as masons were skilled workers hired by many areas, and therefore were free to travel as they pleased.... certainly this freedom influenced their ideals and traditions. Which is why Masonry prizes freedom.

masonry i believe may not be evil on the surface or even try to be, but i do strongly believe masons can have opportunities to join other even more secret societies (groups/cults) or certain chapters that has specific evils ("chapters" is what i got from an motorcycle gang book)

What is the basis of this belief? A serious accusation or defamation of a group should at least require some sort of proof don't you think?

think of it like this, anybody has the freedom to be bad, but masons are more organised and "together" in order to plan a way to get away with things easier, thats the set up of the organization

Masons live by a highly moral code...and in our obligations we actually do take it very seriously that we do live upright....so in this point we are not actually "free" to be bad....sure Masons are human, we sin, we make mistakes, we do things we regret....however we try to live up to our obligation, and in this we are not free to simply live a hedonistic life, we hold ourselves to high morals and restrict our passions.

masons i do believe ARE Elitists, if they want to keep another type of people down and uneducated that is because they are trying to create un educated slaves, which do their work while they worm there way into becoming boss or manager (leader of slaves to put it simple)

Masons are only elitest in the way any group that holds itself to higher standards may sometimes be. Some call that Esprit de corps,a nd certainly some masons are guilty of letting that become vanity, and that is why humility is supposed to be aprt of that as well...

However not only does masonry not want to keep ANYONE down or uneducated, we're quite the opposite the support of the arts, and sciences and keeping mankinds knowledge available for ALL is central to our lecture. You're VERY mistaken.

I notice you said "worm" your way to boss or manager. I assume this means you do not beleive people succeed based on merit....I imagine you view a strong worth ethic as "worming". For some people I think it's easier to beleive someone get ahead only because of connections or some conspiracy, instead of through hard work, and living a upright and ethical life. Who else was it who accused a group that prized hard work, and strict ethics, of this and maligned them for it....I think it was in 1930's Germany...hmmm

The lazy always have excuses for why others get ahead, and seldom does it include any self reflection.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
If you are, which degree are you?
I'm a 3rd degree Master Mason and in the York Rite.

What do you do at Freemasonry?
I'm currently the Senior Warden and in a month I will be the Worshipful Master

How did you get there?
I did a bunch of research and asked

And, most importantly, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?????
A lot, but I'm not going to say them to anyone who is not a member ans certainly not on the net.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Originally posted by thetruth777
If you are, which degree are you?
I'm a 3rd degree Master Mason and in the York Rite.

What do you do at Freemasonry?
I'm currently the Senior Warden and in a month I will be the Worshipful Master

How did you get there?
I did a bunch of research and asked

And, most importantly, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?????
A lot, but I'm not going to say them to anyone who is not a member ans certainly not on the net.

good answer, I will never divulge the secrets of freemasonry.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i am a recently raised Master Mason

[edit on 07/30/2008 by southerndemolay]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

F&AM
32* Scottish Rite Mason...KSA
York Rite Mason
Knight Templar
Shriner
Royal Order Of Scotland ( as of summer of 2009.)

But, it must be noted that being a Master Mason is as good as it gets!

and like the brother said we lurk underground in Washington DC and other capitals of the world plotting our takeover. but meanwhile we are busy helping the needy.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by TNwaltz]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join