It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Baja Creature"... Anyone know what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I saw this on my buddy's blog, washed up of the shore of mexico and supposedly it is a new species, kinda looks like a mini whale to me.... any addtional info would be appreciated.

www.eatskeet.com...

scroll about 1/5 down the page... under the "baja creature" is another big crazy fish. sorry if repost.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the second fish is an oarfish. one was recently caught on film for the first time ever. hell of a cool fish.

the second? dunno. maybe an infant whale?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The first one seems to look sort of like a bottlenose dolphin that didnt mature its mouth, or snout?

The 2nd one looks very very cool. I guess its an Oarfish. One very cool looking thing!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am 90% sure is a young delphin, I just need to nail the correct species.

Edit: Can't seem to find the correct species, but I can post a few pictures as why I believe it to be a dolphin, or at least a related species.

Irrawaddy Dolphin:

Pygmy killer Whale:

[edit on 28/3/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hmm. Interesting indeed. I'm with Thain Esh Kelch as well, it closely resembles the Irrawaddy Dolphin, or at least the genus Cephalorhynchus due to the short snout/blunt head and the lack of vestigial hind flippers.

There are a couple of factors making the Irrawaddy very unlikely... It's a freshwater dolphin, it's from Asia (a long way from Mexico) and the mouth is way to small (of this animal) compared to that of the Irrawaddy.

I would however rather put my money on porpoise. It's a very small animal (porpoises are smaller than dolphins), it has the broad-based, low and triangular dorsal fin of the porpoise and is blunt-nosed.

I'll give it some more thought. Watch this space.

(I’m pretty certain it’s not some sort of “mini whale”.)

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
(I’m pretty certain it’s not some sort of “mini whale”.)

And I'm with you on that one. Its definately post-natal, and well, that kinda rules out whale-size.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The whale almost looks like a narwhal without the tusk. The long one ( oarfish ) is an actual type of fish, nothing really new. However, that fish alone is probably behind hundreds of sea-serpent sightings.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I paid more attention to the interview XXL had with DMX! HA HA HA HA

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The Baja creature reminds me a lot of the Florida sea serpent. Florida's not too far from Mexico, either.

Maybe?

[edit on 4/30/10 by Lobster]

top topics

join