It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jackinthebox got jacked-up by the police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

And what's really funny is that 90% of you cop-haters out there would dial 911 in a heartbeat if you thought somebody was breaking into your house.

Put me in the 10%. I'll only call afterward, since I am required by law to report a shooting and a dead body in my house.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would like to thank everyone who has participated in this discussion so that my first-hand experience with abusive authority could be examined objectively.

I welcome the chance to answer any further questions, and please feel free to discuss the topic in general terms as well or to share your own experiences. As most of you know, this is a very important issue for me, and I think it should be shown for what it is.

There are indeed good cops and bad cops. But when the bulk of society is living in fear for their own safety when interacting with those who are supposed to be their protectors, there is something terribly wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Put me no where in that percent (and probably not you either jack). I don't hate cops. I hate cops that abuse their power and run on an ego trip.

That's not all of them, and in a lot of places, probably not even most.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Am I the only one who thinks that cops in general are too liberal with the stun gun. Man they use it for everything now a days. But you have to remember you broke the unwritten rule. You talked smack to a guy who had POWER over you. Right or wrong, you don't @#$@#$ guys who can arrest you. Now if you were still on the job, that's something different. Just be happy you don't live in LA, or South Carolina.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If anyone was truly offended by my loose-flying behind the facts of my "wearing a shield" I do apologize.

The only reason I even mentioned it was to show that I am fully aware of laws and tactics, and have direct experience applying them. I have worked closely with law-enforcement in various capacities including uniformed service, and have even walked the same beat from time to time.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wish I had a video of my incident. Maybe I could have gotten the charges dropped and sued too...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The case has now been concluded. Here is the result...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How come you never stated that you tripped and broke their windows in the first post of your original thread?

I wonder what other information you chose not to share.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

How come you never stated that you tripped and broke their windows in the first post of your original thread?

What's the difference? The police didn't seem to be interested in the facts. Besides, as I said, it was an ongoing case at the time, and there were certain facts I would not be able to share until the case was concluded. This happened to be the primary one. I'm sure you can see why?
Or maybe not. :shk:

[edit on 5/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well thanks for the update Jack! It's nice to know the end of a story.

As you can see - I was correct in my assumption that I made on page 7 of this thread -

verylowfrequency from page 7
I think its not proof you were the window breaker, but having an ongoing something with the window party, I think its reasonable to assume at the very least you may know something
I hope I don't get taxed for quoting myself

Anyway, you did break the window and the cops suspected that as did I after reading your original story. Another words you provoked the entire event - Nope, I don't condone the cops behavior, but you created the event.

Your still okay with me Jack, & I'll still buy you a beer anytime.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Anyway, you did break the window and the cops suspected that as did I after reading your original story. Another words you provoked the entire event - Nope, I don't condone the cops behavior, but you created the event.

I provoked the entire event?

I think not. That's like saying it wouldn't be right, but you would understand it if the police beat up someone who had a tire blowout that caused a traffic accident?

Keep in mind, that I could have sued the landlord for not having any lighting on the apartment house, and I could have sued the person who put all that junk at the end of the step. So who really provoked what here?

Also keep in mind, that I never made any denial that I broke the window.

I'll take that beer now please.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know what to tell you jack, I'm not blaming you or excusing them, but you were a catalyst in the event. Without your role in the beginning the rest would not have occurred, that's all.

If your ever in the pacific northwest, I'd be happy to buy you one. Cheers!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I don't know what to tell you jack, I'm not blaming you or excusing them, but you were a catalyst in the event.

So are the butterfly's wings that cuase a typhoon.

Butterfly effect

And just to be clear. It had been my intention on that night, to leave it up to the judgement of the officers, out of my general repsect for the police up to that point, as to who was to blame and what responsibility should be taken.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join