It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Scolds Congress About Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Bush Scolds Congress About Iraq

hosted.ap.org

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) -- President Bush on Thursday defended the slow pace of progress in Iraq, asserting "it is not foot-dragging" as Iraqi politicians try to reach agreement on political, security and economic goals.

Bush derided calls from Congress for troop withdrawals or deadlines so that the military could focus more on the anti-terror battle elsewhere. "This argument makes no sense," he said.

Bush offered his assessment of the war in a speech before a military audience of more than 1,000 people at the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Military Tells Bush of Troop Strains
Bush: U.S. deaths in Iraq 'laid foundations for peace'
Cheney's Unforgivable Egotism: Washington Post

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Despite all the evidence that the so-called push in Iraq is not working, Bush continues to assert it is. At present we have 4,000 troops dead, and thousands more that are seriously injured yet he wishes to keep them there despite the fact they're stretched way too thin as it is.

hosted.ap.org

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
King Chimpanzee just covers his ears and closes his eyes yelling "LA-LA-LA-LA" when anybody doesn't bow down to his endless mongering. He is the kind of idiot who wil just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and saying he "I made the right decision, because I said so!"

Problem is, his decisions are dangerous to us and the whole rest of the world. He is an absolute danger to the whole of humanity.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Meh. Let him whine. He has already proven completely incapable as commander in chief.

He and Cheney refuse to acknowledge the advice of their military and political strategists in Iraq... it's obvious they are playing their own little game of RISK while America holds our breath waiting for the elections. That's the saddest thing in my opinion, how we sit around waiting for elections to change things... meanwhile Cheney and Bush are sprinting towards the finish line.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

At present we have 4,000 troops dead, and thousands more that are seriously injured
hosted.ap.org

The death toll is even higher if you include all the Iraqi people who were killed as well. It is a disgusting and unjust war. Bush and Cheney must really be insane if they think this war is doing any good at all. Any idiot can see that the "war" in iraq is unnecasary, unwanted. Apparently Bush and Cheney arent just any idiot.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All part of the plan... you do know they aren't lying when they say things like, "We'll be better off..." Of course they don't mean you, me, America, Iraq nor the World. They simply mean "they" will be better off. And that's no lie.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The death toll is even higher if you include all the Iraqi people who were killed as well. It is a disgusting and unjust war. Bush and Cheney must really be insane if they think this war is doing any good at all. Any idiot can see that the "war" in iraq is unnecasary, unwanted. Apparently Bush and Cheney arent just any idiot.

While that may be true, concerning the death's of the Iraqi people... I would caution you in your use of verbage, claiming "Any Idiot can see" will directly summon people who take contention with your viewpoint, which will in end make the discussion more about your political views and less about Bush as a whole.

I don't think anyone would argue that the Iraq war is a good thing, or is doing good for either this country or the world... but I do know there are some misguided folks who feel we are setting an example in the middle east. I feel that they are not privvy to the history of American involvement in Iran Contra, Afghanistan, and other toy-nations of ours.

Nor, do I feel, are they aware how things are likely to shape up when we leave Iraq. The peace and democracy they are wanting to flourish won't look anything like what they think it should.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wait!!!!! He is scolding Congress
The nerve of this chimp scolding Congress for their inability to do their job.I agree that congress is a joke....a complete joke for that matter but this chimp should look in the mirror when scolding.
The American people don’t want your lies, excuses, and apologies anymore. How many mistakes can you make before you stop making them? How many more people have to die for your stupidity? Should we just wait for the next major disaster to strike or war for profit , just in case you do better next time? We don’t want a "next time", Mr. Bush. We don’t want your promises of a better tomorrow. We want your resignation!!!!!!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nothing this administration does anymore surprise me. They declare unilateral wars, thumb there nose at the UN, makes us one of the most hated countries in the World , almost double the national debt, cost 4000 American soldiers their lives, and then try to convince us that it's all been worthwhile.. It's like watching a Twilight Zone episode.

[edit on 3/27/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

join