It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Pastor Slurs Italians in Latest Magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

(CNSNews.com) - Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago where Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has been a member for two decades, slurred Italians in a piece published in the most recent issue of Trumpet Newsmagazine.

"(Jesus') enemies had their opinion about Him," Wright wrote in a eulogy of the late scholar Asa Hilliard in the November/December 2007 issue. "The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."

Wright continued, "From the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth (in a barn in a township that was under the Apartheid Roman government that said his daddy had to be in), up to and including the circumstances surrounding Jesus' death on a cross, a Roman cross, public lynching Italian style. ...

Source

Reverend Wright is a very prolific writer and speechmaker, and seems intent upon getting his message of unity out to the black community. I'd never heard of his publication "The Trumpet" until I read this article. It sounds like it might be an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Reverend Wright is a very prolific writer and speechmaker ...

Well ... that's one way to put it I suppose.

Here's another way - Wright is an anti-american racist pig who is obsessed with his own blackness. The fact that Obama defends this crackpot is amazing. From Philadelphia

[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
He said Jesus was black "according to the bible". What happened? I thought he was Jewish?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

For speculation sake, I'd assume Jesus would look more like a modern day Arab than either a European or a black. He was born in the Middle East after all.

What color he was should be of no consequence to a true Christian. There's no room for hate or separation in his teachings. Jesus' teachings were about truth, love, and forgiveness.

[edit on 3/27/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What's it going to take to see that "the good Reverend Wright" hates "white people"?

There'd be a media frenzy if McCain or Hillary's pastors mentioned "nappy hair" in relation to blacks, or "slanted eyes" in relation to East Asians but "garlic nosed" Italians:

*Crickets chirping*

But hey, any white person foolish enough to vote for Obama deserves whatever "treats" Obama has in store for the white population in the U.S. if he ascends to the Presidency.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

So let me get this straight: black people hate white and sometimes brown people; brown people hate white and sometime black people, white people hate everybody not white, yellow people are usually ignored by every color or at least that's how I see it. I suppose sand people are pretty much hated by everybody and they hate us right back.

What a happy go lucky world I happen to be living in, we should be proud of ourselves. I don't care if Wright hates white people, so what? Live together or die together, why is it so freaking impossible for people to get along.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Keep it up Rev. Wright. There goes the Italian-American vote. If this goes on for 3 more months, there won't be anyone left that Wright, whom Obama refuses to disavow, hasn't trashed.
I agree with one thing that Wright said- There is still a LOT of bigotry left in America, and it's all in you and your followers,"Rev." Wright. Somehow, you must have a different copy of the bible than the one I read from, because yours seems to be just chock full of HATE.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
So let me get this straight: black people hate white and sometimes brown people; brown people hate white and sometime black people, white people hate everybody not white, yellow people are usually ignored by every color or at least that's how I see it. I suppose sand people are pretty much hated by everybody and they hate us right back.

Where did I say that? I was just musing that the fact Obama has a blatantly anti-white Reverend, and whites still vote for him, smacks of idiocy, like Jews voting for Hitler.

Originally posted by jitombe
What a happy go lucky world I happen to be living in, we should be proud of ourselves. I don't care if Wright hates white people, so what? Live together or die together, why is it so freaking impossible for people to get along.

"So what":
One of the main Democratic Presidential candidates has, as a "personal and religious advisor", a person with a chip on his shoulder in relation to whites

Oh, I forgot:

Hatin' Whitey is all-rightey!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't see how Obama=Wright. They are two different people. Obama does not have Wright as his VP. If that were the case, maybe things would be a little different.

Do you remember the whole "McCain's spiritual advisor calls for the destruction of Islam" thread? This is no different. Clearly an attempt to smear both sides. While I do not like either (nor Hillary) this partisan mud slinging is getting a bit ridiculous.

I admit I definitely feed into it and have made quite a few threads in regards to all 3 candidates. With that being said, I do not hold a bias towards or against any as they seem to be 3 poor choices.

Where's Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (or Gravel) when you need them? I hope America comes to its senses soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
John Hagee calls the Catholic church the great whore. He endorsed McCain. Are there any Italian Catholics?

Point being: religion has no place in politics.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I don't see how Obama=Wright. They are two different people. Obama does not have Wright as his VP. If that were the case, maybe things would be a little different.

No, he's just a "spiritual advisor", the person who's church Obama has attended for the last twenty years, married Obama to his wife, baptised his children...

Seriously, Obama has sat through such sermons either he agrees to what Wright proclaims, or is apathetic.

Do you remember the whole "McCain's spiritual advisor calls for the destruction of Islam" thread? This is no different. Clearly an attempt to smear both sides. While I do not like either (nor Hillary) this partisan mud slinging is getting a bit ridiculous.

Of course - but would Muslims vote for McCain after hearing that?

I admit I definitely feed into it and have made quite a few threads in regards to all 3 candidates. With that being said, I do not hold a bias towards or against any as they seem to be 3 poor choices.

I agree:
Not to enter a political discussion, but McCain wants an almost-perpetual war to "civilise" the Middle East and condones illegal immigration, Obama's "campaign" is built on white-guilt and charisma (not to mention he's not the most "experienced" of candidates), while Hillary...let's not go there!

Where's Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (or Gravel) when you need them? I hope America comes to its senses soon.

True, it's a shame about the Paul/Kucinich campaigns.

Originally posted by stikkinikki
John Hagee calls the Catholic church the great whore. He endorsed McCain. Are there any Italian Catholics?

No, this is Obama's Reverend, not "just" an endorser".

And for "endorsements":
Louis Farrakhan - the head of the "religion" called the Nation of Islam endorsed Obama - hey, maybe we need a Christian Identity member to "endorse" McCain?

In a perfect world yes, but...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Has anyone here ever listened to a whole sermon,, or I should ask, has anyone here listened to THE WHOLE SERMON that got the whole american media with it's panties in a wad. To an extent he did say some things that should NOT be uttered in any church under NO circumstances, but what he said did get taken completely out of contex. Sure what he said comes out as racist, anti government, and we've all heard the cry of oppresion by people of color in america for over a hundred years now,,but if you live in america you should know already that racism is real,and there are people in america who are living in oppresion, I know, I'm an native american indian. I really think some people should learn more about the real truth to the "lets grab this fool's couple of sentences and completely put an AMERICAN MEDIA spin on it". Now, by no means do I beleive in what this man has to say, nor do I mean to take his side, but,, there ia a WHOLE other part of a sermon connected to G!@ D#@! AMERICA, and I think some should go back and research a little better. After all, if there was no presidential election this year we probably would of heard nothing of this. And I will also add that there is white parishoners that attend said church,,, now why aren't they cryin about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
lets also not forget when obama called his grandmother a "typical" white person... lol wut???????

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Normally I'd agree with you on that point, but Obama has described Reverend Wright as his mentor and moral compass for the past 20 years. Given the good Reverends comments, I'm not all that comfortable about Obama's state of mind. How can he look up to a man that preaches racism and hate, If his true message is unity?

Do you remember the whole "McCain's spiritual advisor calls for the destruction of Islam" thread? This is no different. Clearly an attempt to smear both sides. While I do not like either (nor Hillary) this partisan mudslinging is getting a bit ridiculous.
McCain has no business running for office either. His spiritual adviser's comments are as offensive as Reverend Wright's. Hillary is also an obviously liar, and has been involved in too many scandals to be fit for the most important job in the country.

They've been discredited and put out to pasture like Ross Perot was unfortunately.

[edit on 3/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

In a perfect world yes, but...

...we all must make sacrifices?

I still don't know who I will vote for but I am leaning towards Obama. Keep in mind the African American experience has been markedly different from the majority of other immigrant groups. They were forcefully immigrated and then subjected to 400 years (more or less) of institutional racism.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I still don't know who I will vote for but I am leaning towards Obama.

Vote your conscience.

Keep in mind the African American experience has been markedly different from the majority of other immigrant groups. They were forcefully immigrated and then subjected to 400 years (more or less) of institutional racism.
There's hardly any ethnic group in America that has not been enslaved or subjected to racism in one guise or another.

Many of the early European settlers were indentured servants to the British when they came to America, and were not freed until they worked off their indebtedness. Indenturement is just a euphemism for slavery. That was over 300 years ago, so why not let go of the past, and try to make a better future instead?

Not to make light of the matter, but there has been no true discrimination against African-Americans since the 60's. They've been able to attend the same schools as whites, they've been given over 40 years of preferential treatment in the employment arena with the Equal Opportunity Employment act, and there are no segregation laws to speak of.

At some point a person has to stand on their own two feet and stop making excuses for their failures. Prominent blacks like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Barack Obama, and even the Reverend Wright have proven it is possible.

Forget the past, and try to live in the present. If unity is the goal, then things like color, ethnicity, or religious beliefs should not be issues.

[edit on 3/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I still don't know who I will vote for but I am leaning towards Obama. Keep in mind the African American experience has been markedly different from the majority of other immigrant groups. They were forcefully immigrated and then subjected to 400 years (more or less) of institutional racism.

Nearly every "new" group of immigrants has faced discrimination - from the Irish Catholics to the "Celestials" (or Chinese), even to the various Vietnamese that fled the fall of South Vietnam - hell, for the first few centuries of America's existance the only immigrants that America wanted were Protestant Northern/Central Europeans - if you were Catholic, or a Southern/Eastern European, you weren't that better off than a Chinese immigrant.

And I hear "institutional racism" a lot - is this the new PC term for black failure? That the "System" is "inherently-biased" against "African-Americans" (is an Egyptian, an Algerian Berber, a Zanzibari Arab, a white South African, a Tanzanian Chinese person also an "African-American" once they have migrated to America?) - just like the NAACP calling the "baggy pants law" 'racist'?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for posting the link!!! The writer from the Bulletin tells it like it is.
Obama is a liar, a hypocrite, a phony, and an artful dodger, yet his
followers look upon him as the second coming of Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I met Kucinich at a fundraiser event last year. He is one of the most down to earth and realistic people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Why is it than any type of Lib candidate has no real chance of winning? Has the Lib party ever gone past 10% in a general election? Why is 90% of the American voting population blind, deaf and dumb? Sorry for the rant.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

I think there's basically two reason why it happens:

1. The media refuses to give them equal air time and marginalizes their campaigns
  2. Americans are partisaned to a fault. It's got to be either a Democrat or a Republican.

You wouldn't even know anybody else was running if it weren't for the internet..

[edit on 3/31/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

join