It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B. Fullford article: Dark history of Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why The Roman Catholic Church Needs To Visit The Confession Booth

It is time for the Roman Catholic Church to give up its nearly 2,000 year old secrets and explain to the world what it really represents. Despite its many great works, the Catholic Church is also Roman bureaucracy that was responsible for one of the greatest acts of cultural genocide in history. It needs to confess its sins and ask for forgiveness.

www.rense.com...

Another interesting article from Benjamin Fullford. Its difficult to say, is this guy just insane in general, or just "one of his own" as whistle blower. Maybe both...

But once again he goes direct to the point.

I have take huge steps away from Christianity in past years because its dark history, witch I have seen has destroyed the mentality of westerners. ( read: US and EU citizens Christian fundamentalism ) I have find my new home with Buddhist peoples and Asia, and I spend less, and less time in European illiberal atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Many people are waking up to the Vatican and it's bloody history but didn't you find this odd? I did, it came out of no-where and is out of context, don't you think

I went to Sophia University in Tokyo, a Jesuit institution. The Jesuits I met there, up to and including the Dean, made vows of poverty and chastity, wore second hand clothing and lived in shabby apartments. They were also enlightened individuals. One Jesuit, for example, although he believed in devils and angels, also had the courage to say "evolution is not a theory, it is a fact."

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I see it has a great link to article. Jesuits and missionary groups has great believe to Christianity in general, but the fact that they still not believe that world is made in 7 days, is true, but opposite of that.

I see thats the point in interviewing those people in mission works.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm a little lost here. What is it that you are saying about the Catholic Church and how is what your reiterating a conspiracy?

Can you give an overview of article, or at least the points that you believe are salient?

Thank you,

Eric

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

What I see as a point in this Fullfords article is that Catholic Church, what I dont separate anyway from seeing Christianity in just one these days, its how church has keep full public in blindness (works of todays MSM) for its own history.

Secrecy is the way Christianity works. But for who, and why? Why people doesnt know their history, about Byzantine Conquers in Europe, and forced religions, and placed Kings to its people... Devastation among older, and more wiser cultures inside the Europe, and destroying the knowledge of their past, and wide denying in their true origins.

Why there is no public information, why the open support for Israel? Why Pope doesnt care about people in Palestine, and give just a little voice from massacre in Iraq? There is a many issue what Fullford puts to same question... How long does that take that Church even give permission to understand the ABC from our solar system?

Today we know that all those information has been known for thousands of years. But Christian peoples are many way still living on darkness from origins of life, witch has been long time the secret information, and managed by Vatican. Does they still hold some hard facts, and not widely known?

I dont know how much there has been destroyed, in that point, I dont believe that anything has been totally destroyed. But its there, and only in their hands, why? What belongs to all of us...

Secrecy is the issue where Christian Church should be condemn by us, and they should ask our forgiveness.

Oh, me. Did I answer the question, even close?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok, so are you saying that the Catholic Church specifically and Christianity in general is a highly secretive organization/religion that has suppressed knowledge and it is not discussed in the mainstream media?

And is your second point that the Church currently does not take a stance on the war in Iraq and is not in opposition to grievances against Palestinians?

Eric

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster here.

From my perspective, the Catholic Church, along with other religions and organizations, has done what it felt it had to do to stay in power. From the suppression of original ideas contrary to it's beliefs, to the rewriting of history to show it in a favorable light, to the murders of people deemed a threat to it's security, the Church has followed the examples from previous groups that were in power.

In my view, the Church is the same as any other monolithic organization, it has it's secrets. that when revealed, will both surprise and bore people with it's details about the everyday running of the church.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks to wine, woman, song and a laugh we can see vatican thoughts from 1514.

Pope Leo X who made the most infamous and damaging statement about Christianity in the history of the Church. His declaration revealed to the world papal knowledge of the Vatican's false presentation of Jesus Christ and unashamedly exposed the puerile nature of the Christian religion. At a lavish Good Friday banquet in the Vatican in 1514, and in the company of "seven intimates" (Annales Ecclesiastici, Caesar Baronius, Folio Antwerp, 1597, tome 14), Leo made an amazing announcement that the Church has since tried hard to invalidate. Raising a chalice of wine into the air, Pope Leo toasted: "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors."
Source

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Actually, that's not Vatican thoughts. It's a quote from anti-Catholic satirist John Bale.

More information can be found here:

www.tektonics.org...

Eric

[edit on 28-3-2008 by EricD]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Excellent work Eric.
You make a good point regarding "Everyone knows this" or "This is common knowledge", too many people, myself included, sometimes take things for granted without considering the source or context.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Imagine that, so bale is quoted by numerous authors when they've written the jesus fable in there books. I dunno, the whole religious thing is plagiarized backwards and forwards to some ones own thoughts of howit was.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
Imagine that, so bale is quoted by numerous authors when they've written the jesus fable in there books. I dunno, the whole religious thing is plagiarized backwards and forwards to some ones own thoughts of howit was.

The big problem with plagiarism is with authors who don't do any research and either inaccurately attribute a quote to the wrong source or don't question material that they think will bolster their argument.

Compounding the problem is that the original author whose scholarship was shoddy is then quoted by various lesser authors who are even less critical. They then (and I'm not implying a conspiracy here) unwittingly create a circular feeding frenzy as they quote from each other to help substantiate their claims.

This really happens. Hard to believe, but true. There are numerous religious periodicals that are guilty of this and never go to the primary or even secondary sources.

And I'm not trying to be a jackass here, but 5 minutes on google would have shown you that the 'quote' from the Pontiff was not from the Pope.

Eric

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

What kind of language is that.Do you have any evidence to suggest that he is insane, or is this a way of ridicule.Learn to use your innate intuition. I think that he is definitely not insane.He has a lot of possible insights, and creative suggestions as ways to think in new ways. Listning is a virtue.That do not mean that I always have been good at that - but I am moving in the right direction

top topics

join