It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence suggests second shooter killed RFK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

New evidence suggests second shooter killed RFK

rawstory.com

Forty years after Democratic rising star Robert F. Kennedy was killed at a Los Angeles hotel during his presidential run, new evidence suggests the man serving a life sentence for his murder did not fire the shots that killed the charismatic senator.

Forensic scientists met at a conference in Connecticut this week to discuss their independent findings that cast serious doubt on the Kennedy assassination. Sirhan Sirhan is serving a life sentence in Kennedy's death, but the conference presenters argue he could not have fired the fatal shot that killed Kennedy.

One investigator, Dr. Robert Joling, has studied the Kennedy assassination for nearly four decades. He determined the fatal shot came from behind Kennedy, while Sirhan was four to six feet in front of the senator and never got close enough to shoot him from behind, an NBC affiliate reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nbc30.com

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is no shortage of controversy surrounding the deaths of ANY kennedy, but it seems that finally someone has analysed the death of RFK and concluded that sirhan could not posiibly have shot him.

If there was a second shooter, as the report suggests, this may lend more weight to the controversy about JFKs death - and although we will probably never know for certain it seems that a conspiracy becomes ever more possible.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My question is:

Why couldn't they figure this out decades ago? How hard is it to tell if someone was shot from the back or the front?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

There's a lot of questions here griff - cover up seems to be the order of the day if it took 40 years for an independant forensic expert to report what was surely known at the time, particularly in regard to the security guards gun.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In high profile cases, there's a rush to close attitude. The various PDs involved all want to be first with the answer, and they fear public reaction if there is a perception that justice was not swift.

This is evident in serial murder cases which drag on for a while; the public starts demanding results. When you consider that many of the agencies involved with the RFK killing had political leanings/aspirations among the leadership, then any sign of slowness was a "character flaw" that would haunt these people in later political life.

In the case of RFK, you have an immediate suspect seen on video, with a gun. I think it was perhaps a well planned misdirection using a drugged or mentally unstable patsy, and the investigative bodies fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm by no means excusing them, simply stating how I see things perhaps unfolding. (And much the same applies to what may have occurred with MLK.)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wonder where this will lead. I mean, if the evidence suggests that there was a second shooter, you'd think there'd be an investigation into possible suspects. Perhaps questioning the original suspect on who he was working with. And we know who Sirhan says he was working with.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There were more than eight bullets found and the sound recording shows evidence of 13 fired. This is simple math. Sirhan's gun held 8 total.

RFK was taken out to ensure nothing of JFK would come out. Pure and simple. It also helped immensely to deflect serious investigation that '68 was a year of upheaval, and who wanted to pour gasoline on the fire by announcing that the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, brother of an assassinated president, was in turn killed in a conspiracy?

Interesting this finally rises to the surface now; none of this info is particularly new, btw.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I saw the show on tv last year with the audio examination and it was pretty convincing for there being more shots fired then what was stated.

As for discovering who the second gunman was.... not going to happen.

I'm guessing whoever would be the prime secondary suspect, has long since been dead, natural causes of course

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think it's great that they think they have proof of a second gunman, but I doubt anything will come from it. Congress re-investigated the JFK assassination in 78 and determined there was at least a fourth shot fired from acoustics analysis of a recording, but that's as far as it went and he was the president. No one in this government would be willing to stick their neck out for Bobby. There is no doubt in my mind that the same MIC group behind the JFK assassination was also behind RFK. It wouldn't surprise me if they also did MLK, but I have never looked into it. They were threats to the establishment. The same establishment present today, and we are still living with the aftermath of the coup.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The name of the security guard was Thane Eugene Cesar.

At one point it was claimed his gun had been found:

At one point during the press conference, Beaux Carson brought in a man toting a metal briefcase and a handcuff attached to his wrist. Inside the briefcase was the nine-shot, .22 caliber revolver, serial number Y-13332, salvaged from a muddy pond in Arkansas after 25 years. This is the gun which was owned by Thane Eugene Cesar and which Charach believes is the second gun used in the assassination. Sirhan's gun was an eight-shot, Iver-Johnson Cadet, .22 caliber revolver, serial number H-53725.

This was the first public display of the gun since its recovery in 1993. Carson announced that tests on the gun and test-firings will be made sometime this year by independent forensic labs. He stated he had also been approached by law enforcement agencies who expressed interest in test-firing the gun using their own forensic experts. He hesitated to identify which law enforcement agencies were interested.
Ted Charach's Press Conference: Thane Eugene Cesar's Gun Found

More

There seem to be two basic issues in demonstrating the official story of RFK's murder is false. First, both the number of bullet holes in the pantry of the Ambassador Hotel where RFK was shot, and an acoustical analysis of a tape that recorded the sounds of the assassination, indicate more bullets were fired than the alleged murder weapon could hold. Second, the fatal wound was in the back of RFK's head, while virtually all eyewitnesses say Sirhan Sirhan was in front of Kennedy, and never positioned to shoot him from behind.

"So somebody shot the Senator point-blank, execution style, from the rear," said William Turner, the first panelist that morning. "I think right there, we have an open-and-shut case for conspiracy."
The RFK Panel

More on the MK-Ultra connection:

The power structure almost did away with Sirhan Bishara Sirhan forever by gaining a death penalty verdict at his 1969 trial. However, before he could be executed, the State of California rescinded the death penalty for all sitting on death row, and Sirhan was spared. He serves a life sentence today and has never been able to remember what happened on the night of June 4, 1968. This is fact. It is not the likely story of one attempting to disclaim any involvement by saying "I cannot remember." It is the most unlikely one. Sirhan said to his psychiatric examiners, "This is not like me. I know I did it, but I don't know why. Can you help me understand? Why did I do it?"
WHO KILLED ROBERT F. KENNEDY? | Evidence Showed Shots from the Rear

From a 2005 thread on The Education Forum:

Several witnesses in the kitchen where Robert Kennedy was shot have identified Ace security guard Eugene Thane Cesar of shooting Robert Kennedy while Sirhan caused a distraction.
Controversial Issues in History | Robert Kennedy

Does anyone doubt this was an assassination carried out by the same forces that killed JFK?

top topics

join