It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens paved my driveway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Aliens paved my driveway? How do I know this?

I returned home and found the large rectangular blocks set with inhuman precision. Strange brown coffee coloured circular patterns were formed on my window ledge, perhaps as a navigational aid. Perfectly rectangular impressions formed on my grass from huge heavy objects, perhaps from the legs of the craft as it landed. No-one saw them do it If I phoned the telephone number they left and asked if aliens did my driveway and they said ‘No’, that would be proof that the government has gotten to them first!

Do I honestly believe aliens paved my driveway? No, of course not
Do I have proof that aliens didn’t pave my drive? No.

It is the nature of some of the people on this board to assume that things that have no explanation are the work of aliens.
A couple of hundred years ago, it would have been attributed to God or the Devil.
So why do we do it?

Ancient mythology always attributed strange things without rational explanation to Gods. For our ancestors they did not understand how we had daylight and night. For them, Ra ferried the sun across the sky for Egyptians, for the Greeks it was Apollo. Modern science shows us now that the Earth rotates around the sun. It is a rational explanation.
Where did the sea come from or waves? Gods were responsible

It has been within the last 100 years, where we’ve stopped blaming the Gods for our wonders and misfortunes and started to look for other explanations.
Science fiction helped and HG Wells created the much copied ‘War of the Worlds’, and people began to blame Martians, which accelerated after World War II.
Soon other aliens were caught up in the momentum. Venusians
Science then calmly explained that both worlds are inhospitable.
Then the aliens came from further away and we’ve carried on ever since.

Aliens have become the new scapegoat. Aliens built the pyramids, crop circles, helped humans with inventions and religions, made massive underground layers, responsible for and trying to prevent global warming, shuttle explosions, 9/11, powercuts and an almost unending list of other responsibilities.

There are people who claim that aliens were the ancient Gods. In a way, I’m inclined to believe them, but only in so far as to say that the Ancient Gods did nothing to or for us.

There are those who shout that aliens are responsible for human evolution. Did anyone help the aliens evolve? And if so, who helped them?
We’re aliens that visited here long ago? We share almost 99% of our DNA with other primates, and we share about 50% with bananas too. Are we then to assume that bananas are hybrid aliens?

As with the Ancient Gods, it was all a matter of belief and faith, which we’ve now transferred onto small little grey people.

Humans are responsible for everything on this planet.
We came down from the trees alone. We built wheels, pyramids, and amazing temples. We created beliefs to help us understand things we couldn’t fathom. We’re responsible for some of the most breathtakingly beautiful and some of the most sickening things that we can even begin to imagine. We did it. We did it all.

If the aliens are watching, its because we did it which makes thems on interested in us, and because we did it alone.

So, did aliens pave my path, or did some advanced primates do it?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Though the irony of your post is not lost on me, there's already a few posts of this nature on the board ATM. Perhaps you could have contributed to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... Just a suggestion

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
[edit on 27-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I've read the other post which you refer to, which is about fakes, or at least starts off on this. This thread is to point away from fakes, and more at the actual belief in aliens. A fake is an obvious attempt to mislead people.
I'm looking at the way people want to believe with or without evidence

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well atleast Aliens actually did something useful for you, all they gave me was this pain in my butt when i sit down. . .
*shakes fist* but interesting thread nonetheless. . . it would be cool though if Aliens started doing nice deeds for human kind (they might be already) but mowing the old ladies lawn down the street (i feel so bad when i see her out there doing it herself, but she never lets me help, says it keeps her in shape) haha, or taking out my garbage for me!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think your premise is admirable.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think the important point to be made is that many people are interested in UFOlogy and in the ET hypothesis. Just because they have a skeptical leaning does not mean they are the foe of such study.

Indeed, the main problem is that too many reports, or 'soft' reports just obscure the issue and make -real- research into the question difficult, if not impossible.

Thus, it's up to us to be cautious and to demand that reports be done thoroughly and received carefully.

In addition, we all know that there's a possibility of 'false-flag' operations and I doubt if even the most ardent of believers wants to be caught up in that.

I'll say it again. If aliens were here we would know it. There would be no question. There are a few scenarios but it would not be a containable secret and I don't think 'the aliens' would bother to hide it. We look to lights in the sky, but it makes no sense for an ET to be flying around with Earth-type lighting; why would they need lights? If they did need illumination it would be infra-red or some kind of lighting that would not be detectable from the ground (if they actually bothered to be stealthy)

I'll go further. If an ET planned to explore the Galaxy they would do the bulk of it in virtual mode. They would not physically visit the actual location. There's too much danger both ways from the local flora and fauna (read infectious microorganisms).

Of course if the ET was silicon-based, then that's a different story - they'd be too different. But carbon-based life would be susceptible to cross-infection.

We need to consider moving away from the dramatic portrayal of ET like you see in the movies. When we send a probe to Mars, did we include any drama? No. There was no stealth, no camouflage. Likewise an alien visitation is likely to also be devoid of purposeful drama.

Hope this is helpful.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Though the irony of your post is not lost on me, there's already a few posts of this nature on the board ATM. Perhaps you could have contributed to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... Just a suggestion

Yes you might also want to check out this post as well.. Common Sense

I don't know about fake posts though... The ATS people are really good at taking down or moving posts of that nature... I say if you find a post that seems far fetched and needs to be removed or simply moved to another forum, report it to the ATS staff for evaluation...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

It is.

I especially like the part about the probe to Mars, but then we know (fairly certain) of no life being there so little use of camouflage, or gearing it to protect itself.
It also put me in mind of a documentary which was on Discovery some time back which suggested that first contact would most likely occur with an alien machine, than a flesh and blood being.
...Of course what happens after the machine makes contact is another matter of speculation

You got a star for making me remember that programme!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

As I'm realizing is usual Badge01, I agree with most of what you said there. You really take the time to think about these concepts before posting, and your thoughts always inspire deep thinking on my own part. Thank you for that.

There was just this one part that I wanted to debate:
"We need to consider moving away from the dramatic portrayal of ET like you see in the movies. When we send a probe to Mars, did we include any drama? No. There was no stealth, no camouflage. Likewise an alien visitation is likely to also be devoid of purposeful drama." -Badge01

I totally get your point, and it's perfectly valid. In some cases of Alien surveillance, we should expect this 'open and out there' sort of philosophy.

However I'd like to introduce another example here, Cameramen/women who research animals in the wild (like tigers and bears, big dangerous animals). While perfectly valid research, in these fields certain degrees of stealth and camouflage are incorporated, mostly for the safety of the observer. In fact, some studies are carried out with complete isolation between researcher and subject (like tracking animals with radio tags), so that we can 'observe without influencing'. This helps researchers to discover what an animal does when it thinks it's not being watched.

In some cases (especially with a possible Alien observing presence where the physical bodies of the EBEs are frail and primarily evolved for space based living) we should expect to see stealth and camouflage for the same basic reasons.

We humans are a scary bunch at times, and just as your example of the micro-organism contamination is perfectly valid, so may well be this example, of flora/fauna of a larger scale.

For the most part though, I agree with your post, and you raised some good points.

To the OP, thank you for constructing a better way to ask this question, that brought about thoughtful and intelligent debate relevant to Aliens and UFOs. I'll admit my part in losing my temper yesterday with the pokemon thing, and I've since U2U'd the OP of that post with my apologies. Thanks for finding a way to re-ask the question that the other OP intended, in context for this forum. I appreciate it.

To Infraredman, I've been reading that other thread as well, and you've done a remarkable job keeping it rational, and on topic. Kudos, your work at ATS is much appreciated on my end! I look forward to reading your thoughts in threads to come

-WFA

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
very observant post by the OP. Gods are out of fashion and alien spaceships are in, whats next? pokemon?

also i wonder if the culture of UFO/aliens has peaked and now starting to fade? I think even in past decades where cameras etc were not as common place there was maybe more people willing to say "it could be aliens in ships" but these days i think theres less people willing to entertain it.

sci-fi is still massively popular and i think helps drive the ufo subculture, I wonder at what point the ufo believers will be more interested in real science. Maybe when we find the first earth like planet outside our solar system or detect a radio wave by another civ.

Or maybe that will just fuel more stories & claims that people have been there or met aliens from there. Time will tell i guess

[edit on 27-3-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Your title indicates a hoaxed thread. Actually it shouts H O A X!

Now after reading through it is obvious that you do not believe in aliens and give all credit to humanity. While it is true humans are very capable "animals" and responsible for many achievements in our rich planetary history some things just defy rational explanation.

Do some alternative research and suprise yourself.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So, did aliens pave my path, or did some advanced primates do it?

Likely both, as the advanced primates who did it likely included some illegal aliens...

also i wonder if the culture of UFO/aliens has peaked and now starting to fade? I think even in past decades where cameras etc were not as common place there was maybe more people willing to say "it could be aliens in ships" but these days i think theres less people willing to entertain it.

Seems to occur in flaps...so we're not really due for a huge resurgeance until around 2020...

Most research supports that man is far more clever than we ever gave ourselves credit for, and that we've lost many of our better ideas, only to continually rediscover them.

Still, I do think there is enough evidence to support alien visitation, but I'll agree, that it doesn't seem like they've done much for us....and pose more of a threat, than a hope for the future...as secretive beings are unlikely to have our best interests at heart....

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Take some pictures my friend. You should know we will need some proof. Do you need a camera?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Your title indicates a hoaxed thread. Actually it shouts H O A X!

Now after reading through it is obvious that you do not believe in aliens and give all credit to humanity. While it is true humans are very capable "animals" and responsible for many achievements in our rich planetary history some things just defy rational explanation.

Do some alternative research and suprise yourself.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

Sorry, but actually I do believe in aliens. I believe that they come and abduct some people, but I think they're observers and not here to be involved.

I believe the things that defy rational explanation, are just waiting to be solved, and will be someday. Problem is, when they do solve it, some people will still prefer to think aliens were involved.

I've seen the alternative research and I didn't think much of it
Believe in your humanity and surprise yourself

stikkinikki, you want pictures of my driveway? Welllll, they did do a good job!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Aliens do my lawn twice a week in the summer....
Do you know the problems this give me??
I can't use my lawn for any good, all flowers dies, there are no grass anymore.
The radiation poisioning is disgusting!

Now to a more serious matter....

I dont know for certain if we are being visited by any extra-terrestrials.
But i do believe that we are being visited, and that we have been visited for along time.

Perhaps there is evidence of this somewhere, but we dont know where and we probably not deemed to have access to it either.

But what i think everyone should consider though, is this.
Is there a possibility that something is visiting us?
is there a possibility that there are beings millions and millions older than our species?
Is there a possibility that they could have the technology to travel large distances of space in a short time?

Ofcourse, the possibility that there are no such beings is just as big though

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Prophet Yahwey got shot all to heck down. But there is no doubt in my mind the intial day orb sighting on major news media captured and documented. No balloon or rv device could have pulled off the maneuvers that orb did in the sky.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

After years of studying the ET hypothesis (that aliens are piloting UFOs and visiting Earth), I started looking at it from a 'Systems Management' point of view.

That includes use of nanotechnology (very small scout ships, but unmanned), and virtual technology (visiting in 'active' hologram form).

Any additional mission requirements would add a layer of complexity.

If the mission is to recon a distant planet and you add:
1. Ships must be stealthy;
2. Landings must be at night or only in isolated areas;
3. Contact must be surreptitious;
4. On arrival in interstellar ships, atmospheric-capable craft must be deployed to allow night flight and visitation;
5. Technology must be deployed to allow 'beaming up' of subjects.
6. ...and so on.

This would be a nightmare to systems manage. If the mission is directed remotely it would be even more difficult to assure non-disclosure.

Now say the inhabitants of a particular world on the list to visit were human-like, but not completely self-aware. There was a primitive society, but distant ships flying overhead would not be especially noteworthy to them.

From the perspective of the mission planners, on this world all this stealth and secrecy would not be required. So now we have to observe and detect the level of awareness and decide if a stealthy mission is required.

Yet another layer of complexity. Stealth or non-stealth.

It's not impossible, but it strains common credulity. It's also anthropomorphic: Humans are secretive and stealthy creatures, therefore aliens would be the same.

By thinking about it in a systems management point of view you can make some important realizations. One is that while 'dramatic' methods (such as abductions and night visitations) are exciting, they would be a less likely mode than a straight up remotely piloted robotic mission, and later, direct contact.

Like I said, one way of looking at it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar
Sorry, but actually I do believe in aliens. I believe that they come and abduct some people, but I think they're observers and not here to be involved.

Well I didn't know that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If they are here observing and abducting then I guess you can say they are involved...just not in a productive manner.

I believe the things that defy rational explanation, are just waiting to be solved, and will be someday. Problem is, when they do solve it, some people will still prefer to think aliens were involved.

I am of the opinion a lot of the new technology is indeed of alien nature. There is a very small possibility that we could have made such tremendous progress in one century alone without any help! I think it is naive to think otherwise.

I've seen the alternative research and I didn't think much of it
Believe in your humanity and surprise yourself

We all have a right to an opinion. Thanks for sharing yours. I happen to find a lot of alternative theories presented plausible.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What I dont get in your post is you said aliens built the pyramids, then your saying "we, as in man/human" built the pyramids......................make up your mind lol, but anyway - just reading around.....thanks for sharing?

And - of course we are responsible for everything on this planet. Look at it, it's beautiful, places like Spain, Neatherlands. We should be glad we didnt destroy ourselves yet with nukes. Dont blame us and make aliens seem like the glorfied ones.. all we know behind our backs in there underground bases they are mutating poor puppys, and all of the beautiful living creatures on mother earth, maybe even people, just maybe. Only God may clear your path. Im just saying....aliens are not that great, live not for aliens but for yourself.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

[edit on 27-3-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join