It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
What’s Wrong With Real ID
* It’s a national identity system. The standardized national driver’s licenses created by Real ID would become a key part of a system of identity papers, databases, status and identity checks and access control points – an “internal passport” that will increasingly be used to track and control individuals’ movements and activities.
* Will not be effective against terrorism.
* Will be a nightmare for state governments.
* Will mean higher fees, long lines, and bureaucratic nightmares for individuals.
* Increased security and ID-theft risks.
* Will be exploited by the private sector to invade privacy.
* Will expand over time.