It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting / my Watch stopped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I was going to wait to post this until this afternoon, but the coincidences kept me thinking about it.

I walk at night around my neighborhood about three times a week for exercise. Each time it takes me exactly twenty minutes to return. I was just about to my driveway when I see this moving star fly by. Not a shooting star that's really quick and fizzels out. This looked just like the north star, but a little larger and it traveled by over the vicinity of my house. I stopped when I thought this star appeared to be moving to verify if it was me moving or the star. Clearly this bright star was moving! No flashing lights, which are required to be on all airplanes and no trailing sound that is accompanied with all planes.

So I run up the street after I stopped to see if it was moving like it appeared and run up my sidewalk, still seeing it. I went up my front porch steps in a vain effort to grab a camera because my cell phone camera wouldn't pick this up decently. I stopped, went back to my front yard to see if it was still there and it wasn't. There was some very light cloud cover, but that shouldn't have made a difference since this object was clearly visible/bright. I backed up some more and kept looking and it wasn't there any more.

So, I go inside, and the time on my wall clock says 8:15 pm, my watch says 8pm.

The significance of this time difference is this: My Fossil watch's battery has been running slow for the past week. I procrastinated getting a new battery because I didn't want to drive far where I had got one before and get it replaced. I kept advancing the side dial as a band aid fix for a week. Then, my leather watch band broke, literally hanging on by two threads.

On March 24th, I buy a new band. On March 25th, I drop it off at a watch repair shop referred to me by a saleslady at Wal Mart who referred me to them since they didn't have the battery or could do that anymore. I come back an hour later to pick up my watch with new battery and band installed.

On March 26th, I go walking around my neighborhood as I always do for exercise and notice my watch seemed to be running slow. When I'm almost home, I see this bright flying star. When I come inside like 30 seconds later, after failing to see where this star went, I notice that my watch says 8pm, when my wall clock says 8:15pm-and I just had a new battery installed the day before tha kept perfect time. I adjusted it to the right time and it has kept the correct time since.

It's a strange coincidence to see a UFO/flying star and my watch with new battery be off by twenty minutes.

I've seen these "flying stars" before while walking at night, usually they are very distant, so I just dismiss them as far away planes or satelites.

On January 7th of this year, is when I first saw a close flying star in my neighborhood but at 6:24pm(I wrote it down that night because I was amazed and perplexed). No sound, no blinking lights. Just what looked like a bright star moving along a trajectory.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's too bad you didn't have access to a camera phone, or camera or video camera...but once you see a UFO, life is never the same. Can you at least tell us what state, city, near what street (The actual name of it) you were?

Did you report it to your local police or MUFON headquarters? Was it too high up to hear if it made a noise?

Were there any other witnesses? Did it get covered in your local paper or TV? Did you call anyone and say "Wow look at this?" etc? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that you saw the ISS which (when in a lower orbit which it has been) looks like a very bright moving star. They added additional solar panel last year which made it even brighter. Once the shuttle undocks it can appear as two stars chasing one another, it's really cool.

You can check easy enough at one of these sites, you just need to enter your location. You can check for visible passes of the iss, space shuttle, atv's, flares, satellites, hubble, etc. But I really think that you saw the ISS.

Heavens Above

Under "Configuration" select 'from database' and enter your locations. You can also check for 'previous passes' on this site.

Or...

Nasa Space Flight

Enter your location to the left of the page.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding anything. As far as your watch, I'm not sure.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had my cell phone that has a camera in it, as I mentioned in my first post, but the picture quality would have been next to useless. When walking I've pointed it at a passing plane and it just registers as a blurry light. That's why I started to go inside to grab my 6 megapixel camera, then I backed up just to make sure it was still visible and it was gone. I backed up even further in my front yard and kept looking-it was gone.

This UFO/flying star was by itself, no two stars chasing each other appearance like an ISS.

It was too low in the sky I think to be a satellite...it was at a lower altitude than the airplanes fly around here. No sound. Looked just like the north star, but a little larger and moving in one direction at a medium rate, not slow, not fast either.

I was the only one to witness it from my vantage point. There could have been others to have seen it from another location(s).

This happened in central Alabama at 8:15pm, clear night except for a few light clouds. I don't want to give any further location info. because you have to wonder sometimes who's trolling/monitoring this site.

I think I will submit this sighting to MUFON by tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That's very interesting. Very peculiar for your watch to stop if it was in fact the ISS that you were watching. It would be interesting to find out whether or not it was the ISS. Was the object changing directions or did it seem set on a specific trajectory?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry Eclipse, I understood that you only saw one light, I think my statement was confusing regarding what it looks like after the two undock. There were two passes of the ISS on the 26th over central Alabama, but neither at or near 8:15. However, the shuttle did land at Kennedy at 8:39 that night, could that be what you saw? I don't know what the typical return flight path is.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I did some checking...Cape Canaveral is South East from Central Alabama, the moving star/UFO was heading North West according to my car's digital compass, the opposite direction of where the space Shuttle Endeavour was heading to Florida. So, this object wasn't the Space Shuttle.

There wasn't any blinking lights on this object, doesn't the shuttle have the required blinking/safety lights?

No sound with this object either.

Lastly, my watch has kept perfect time since I had to correct it after seeing this object last night...it's very weird. There wasn't any missing time, it's just that my watch w/ brand new battery was twenty minutes off when I returned to my house.

I left the house at 5 till 8pm, my watch should have shown 8:15pm, but it shown 8pm.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

This is what I just saw. You described it perfect. And around the same time. I saw it a little before 8pm tonight though. I got pictures but I dont think you can see it. Ill check.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

This is what I just saw. You described it perfect. And around the same time. I saw it a little before 8pm tonight though. I got pictures but I dont think you can see it. Ill check.

EDIT: I have a pic, give me 10 minutes.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by NateNute]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sorry I suck at adding image tags.

It didnt show in this pic.

Its the small spec in this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very cool picture Nate! Is that with a cell phone camera or regular camera?

It's good that you've got a part of the house or garage in the camera's field of view as a point of reference to determine size at least.

Looks like we're seeing the same object...it appears as a moving north star, just a little larger flying at a low altitude.

I didn't go walking tonight, so I didn't see this sighting. Yours and mine occurred around the same time. Yours 10min 'till 8, mine 8:15pm. Both heading in a northerly direction.

Did you see any blinking lights on this object? Any sound?

I'll take my Sony camera with me tomorrow night when I go walking. But, being prepared will surely be the kiss of death/seeing it again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I took those two pics with a real camera. I took video with a cell phone and got nothing. There was no blinking lights, not even a flicker, it was solid with a glow the entire time. Im pretty close to the airport so plane noises are normal, but there were about 5 planes to compare it to in that time frame, and none looked like it...they were all blinking...this was solid. Me and my fiance both saw it. I also plan to check the sky out the same time tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some video.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I took those two pics with a real camera. I took video with a cell phone and got nothing. There was no blinking lights, not even a flicker, it was solid with a glow the entire time. Im pretty close to the airport so plane noises are normal, but there were about 5 planes to compare it to in that time frame, and none looked like it...they were all blinking...this was solid. Me and my fiance both saw it. I also plan to check the sky out the same time tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some video.

new topics

top topics

join