It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton backers warn Pelosi on superdelegate rift

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Clinton backers warn Pelosi on superdelegate rift

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group of prominent Hillary Clinton donors sent a letter to House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday asking her to retract her comments on superdelegates and stay out of the Democratic fight over their role in the presidential race. The 20 prominent Clinton supporters told Pelosi she should "clarify" recent statements to make it clear superdelegates nearly 800 party insiders and elected officials who are free to back any candidate ......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, at this moment I would hate to be this women. This is just awful and very sad!!

Someone whose running for President and letters like this is being written!!!! I would think it may have more in it then what they even tell us.

Also, how do we know there isn’t a bribe or threat in it. I personally believe it’s time to take out these super delegates and delegates and go with the PEOPLES CHOICE.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I personally agree with you completely... If she has so many supporters, then where are they, and why are they still so blind to this woman, anyway? I am confused. I know only Ron Paul supporters, people who are against Hillary, Obama, and McCain like the plague. I don't know where all of these blind supporters who follow MSM are coming from...

I kinda doubt they exist, personally... Ya know, people paid to stand there and smile while the presidential candidates sit there giving speeches?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Also, how do we know there isn’t a bribe or threat in it. I personally believe it’s time to take out these super delegates and delegates and go with the PEOPLES CHOICE.

There's definitely a threat there to Pelosi. Clinton's showing her true colours now. It's a threat to sack, or sideline Pelosi when (if) Clinton gets elected.

The whole point is Clinton has the backing of big money but not the people.

Clinton is a prima donna. She seems to see herself as above the people and with a divine right to rule.

She will be one nasty B-I-T-C-H if she's elected.

Because I'm Totally in Charge Here

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Totally agreed. As Bill Richardson said last weekend - Billary thinks she is pre-ordained to win.

There is so much this woman and her husband get away with that the average citizen doesn't see, they only see the coifed, pant-suited sound bites.

Politics is just like high school, an extension of the same sort of ego and insecurities driven tactics. The fact is, Billary wants to be the head cheerleader and so she's passing notes and starting rumors to bully Pelosi into backing down. These people are ruthless. They have been spreading dirty rumors about Obama for months.

Unless Democratic Party leaders step in and check these people, it will be a long and nasty slog to the convention. In the meantime, McOldtimer will have four months of endless fund-raising - just making speeches and picking up checks. Not to mention four months of strategizing on how to dismantle whichever opponent the Dems send up to the general election.

The Dems are f/ing themselves big time and the Reps are loving it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Politics is just like high school, an extension of the same sort of ego and insecurities driven tactics. The fact is, Billary wants to be the head cheerleader and so she's passing notes and starting rumors to bully Pelosi into backing down. These people are ruthless. They have been spreading dirty rumors about Obama for months.

The more things change the more they stay the same. I have to agree with that comparison.

I too have gotten the impression that she thinks she somehow deserves the presidency. This reinforces my thought that most of politics is a power and ego game that no longer has anything to do with the rights and well being of the American citizen.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I personally liked Edwards but since it has come down to a fight between Obama and Clinton I find myself rooting for Obama more and more.

I do not want that woman as president. I would vote for McCain first or Nader before her.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

There is definitely a threat there. Unstated and unwritten, but a threat none the less. If Pelosi doesn't back off, there will be a price to be paid should Hillary somehow manage to steal the Dem nomination. Pelosi may be the Speaker, but if the President turns on you, along with your party...you are screwed big time.

Never thought I'd ever feel sorry for Nancy Pelosi, but in this one instance, I'm firmly on her side. She needs to watch her back, figuratively and literally.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

More and more, I'm being swung towards McCain. Not there yet, but geeze, it's this sort of stuff that browns me off towards the Dems. Shut the hell up and discuss the bloody issues. We got problems that need solving, let's hear some ideas and solutions, not this idiotic backbiting nonsence that does no one any good whatsoever.

*deep breath*

I don't want to vote for McCain, but this sophmoric nonsence with the Dems is driving me away. I'm tired of it, I'm tired of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay then at least I'm am not the only one who sees this as a possible threat. Question now is what are they going to do about this? Are they allowed to do this? I would think the line has been crossed here big time.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This will go down as the election the Democrats should of won, but all this infighting is benefiting no-one expect McCain. While the Democrats are too busy bullying each other, McCain is off travelling around the world, meeting heads of states/governments and telling voters how he will fix America.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi is just the latest of a growing list of people who think that the Superdelegates should follow the will of the voters (Wow! What a concept!), and frankly, I agree with her.

What can Clinton do to her? I don't think the president has the power to take away her position as Speaker of the House.

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Clinton is a prima donna. She seems to see herself as above the people and with a divine right to rule.

Yes, she is a truly narcissistic person. She lives in her own world of entitlement.

Originally posted by sy.gunson
She will be one nasty B-I-T-C-H if she's elected.

Because I'm Totally in Charge Here

lol: Very funny!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Clinton herself can't do anything by her lonesome, but tell me the Dem leadership won't listen if she were to call them to the White House and tell them whats up? Oh they'd listen...and probably obey.

Once your party leadership turns on you...you're done, regardless of your leadership position.

At least that's my take on it.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's actually funny, if you think about it. Should Hillary get elected, there would be a constant catfight between her and Pelosi. Meowww!

Just think - Pelosi is only two heartbeats away from the presidency!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Billary Clinton has got to be brought in check by the Dems or their SuperDelegates. Her comments on Fox to the effect that she would go all the way to the convention will effectively guarantee a McCrazy win in the general election.

These people are maniacal, power-hungry elitest. She is so going nuclear and the feel good Dems are too intimidated to stop her.

Background:

Many people have implied on ATS that I am a traditional "diaper-wearing" LIB. Not true. I voted for Bush I once. Bill Clinton two times. George Bush II twice. I'm not proud of it, but that is my record - I was young and stupid - I voted with my friends and family. Well I am awake now.

My intention was to vote Ron Paul but, quite frankly, he let me down. If you want to run with the big dogs, you have to get off the porch. I honestly believe Paul's platform was true but the man is flawed. He was not "In it to win it". You have to play the game and he didn't. Many ATS'ers will howl at that, but it is reality. In a 24/7 news cycle of polished and slick marketing - Paul looked like a crack pot. Period.

So now I'm hopped up on Obama. #1 - He is not quite a boomer. Boomers suck and have ruined virtually everything they have touched from their own families to our greatest institutions. #2 - He offers an alternative to politics of the past and gutter-politics. Plain and simple, he is hopeful, positive and forward thinking. #3 - His speeches on the race and the economy were brilliant. # 4 - I hate the Clintons and everything they represent of back-room politics.

So...She is going nuclear. Someone has to draw the line and show that B the door. Otherwise a 70 year old dude who confuses Iran and Iraq, probably doesn't pump his own gas, doesn't know how to use a computer and thinks the answer for our tanking economy is to let ride will win.

Billary will settle for Senate Majority leader and that is the carrot they should offer her. We have to clear the slate so we can focus on the prize - November.

LOL! Can't you just see Pelosi and Billary having to work together? So worth it...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's almost reached the point where people are fed up with Clinton and the writing is on the wall.

I think it's going to resolve itself very suddenly very soon now.

Watch the next few polls.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So...She is going nuclear. Someone has to draw the line and show that B the door. Otherwise a 70 year old dude who confuses Iran and Iraq, probably doesn't pump his own gas, doesn't know how to use a computer and thinks the answer for our tanking economy is to let ride will win.

You might not think that way, had you seen him walk off a commercial flight in New Hampshire last summer, traveling alone, without aides, and carrying his own luggage. He looked very tired, but had a determined smile on his face.

Those were the low points of his campaign, but it showed the true character of the man.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm an Obama supporter, but I don't think this move is the end for Clinton. This is a move by Clinton supporters, not by Hillary herself (although I'm sure she doesn't disapprove) to try to get the Democratic party to recognize more clearly the autonomy of the superdelegates. It's a bit of a strongarm tactic, but every president and most every senator has used them when they felt it was necessary.

It's just politics as usual.

It's like everyone shouting "bitch" every time she makes a move in a chess game.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'll assume you are referring to McCain.

Hell yeah, he has balls...er gumption, as certain generations may refer to it. I guess there is some upside to being a POW. He was down for the count, no doubt. My question is what exactly brought him back? It damn sure wasn't voter sentiment, as most REPs loath him. Exactly what devil did he deal with to stay in the race?

Make no mistake though...I would just as soon vote for McCrazy as Billary...I see no real difference. So if she wants to push it to the convention, I'd be jsut as happy handing her a broom to sweep the floors of the arena as see her get the nomination.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Let me get this straight. You think this move is stategic to the all-encompassing Democratic party to make a point?

What point? Democracy? Fairness? Voter confidence?

No. It is power-tripping plain and true.

She is saying - implicitly - "What's in it for me?"

I'll tell you...Senate Majority Leader.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join