It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Returning Member Re-Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hello, incase you don't remember me, I am a returning member. And you might not, since I wasn't much of a poster. In fact, my most popular post was probably my original introduction post (haha, oh, the irony). You'll have to forgive me for not posting much, but I don't like to post unless I have something good or useful to say.

Anyway, I lost internet connection for awhile and I feel the need to re-introduce myself. The username is Hyde70, because my favorite TV show for awhile was That 70's Show and I'm sure the majority of us can relate to the character Hyde (Foreman's best friend). I'm sure there's a few Hyde's lurking around, but you can remember me by the number 70, which stand's for "That 70's Show".

I'm a little different then your average conspiracy theorist, as I believe that each theory must be taken with a grain of salt, because a lot of people think so much that they start to believe their own idea's of what might be happening. Therefor, if I come along a good theory, my first goal is to disprove or debunk it (as convincing as it might be). If it cannot be disproved, then I might consider it to be true if the evidence is convincing enough. Don't get me wrong, if I come across evidence that supports the theory, I'll make sure to share it. If the evidence for the theory is overwhelming and the evidence against it is not, then I'll start believing it.

All in all, research and evidence is the key. Generally, when people are looking for evidence that support's their theory, they will not stop until they get it (no matter how much evidence they come across that disprove's what they are saying). However, if they were to take the opposite route and look for evidence against what they were saying, people take a different approach and possibly not have a second thought about far fetched theories (cough, cough, pokemon, cough).

So, that's what you can expect from Hyde70. Oh, and don't get upset with me if I say something like, "can you prove this or that?". Instead, do a little more research and then feel free to reply. I know, I know, "Ah, Hyde70, more research? But it took me forever to do the research I already did, and I really hate research, it reminds me too much of school", but you know what they say... Deny ignorance. Right?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyde70

Welcome back, Hyde70!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Welcome back Hyde70.

Nice to see you again.

Dizzie

new topics

join