It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thinning of the herd?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Call me paranoid but there is something CRAZY going on recently, the weather, personal experiences, UFO sighting increasingly getting more, getting close to 2012... something effected our planet from the cosmos! There are lot of news of animals/insects "vanishing/disappearing" with NO trace (no buddies or traces) found! What is going on...

few thoughts...
- Something is effecting the Earths polar and changing the magnetic fields on earth, any creature that is migrating follows this as means of finding direction. They could be getting lost.

- This shift people speak of around 2012 is already happening and this maybe some effect of that!

anyhow food for thoughts, all I can say is something related to this will be publicly announced!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have been infected since 2004, with the 'Undetermined Dermathopy' (aka MORGELLONS) which is finally being studied by the CDC and the Defense Department (Army). It has been a nightmare. No one yet knows what has caused this 'condition' but there have been MANY Theories including Chemtrails, GM Food, Nano Technology, Mutant Nematodes, Mutated Fungii, and Agrobacterium which was never believed to infect animals only plants. This bacterium did jump from Plants to Animals including Humans!!!! Science yet again out of control!

I have been on television 2 times concerning this illness which all Dermatologist's diagnose as Delusions of Parasitosis. Believe me this is no delusion!

I have been researching, contacting government officials ect. for 4 years. Recently the Bush Administration vetoed a bill for INCREASED FUNDING to the CDC for their study of this new emerging disease. They began this study with Kaiser Permanente (go figure) January 16, 2008.

It's just perhaps another way to thin out the population of people with weakened immune systems. Many people also have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Yet another bio-weapon which became released into the population by accident by the US Government Defence Department.

I just thought I'd throw this in as it is an example of how Big Business and Government Agencies could care less about our Planet and the Environment!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The therory is that these ticks are NOT dying off as they once did during the cold winter months. Global Warming is affecting the life-cycles of these arthropods increasing their populations in stagering population explosions and it will only get worse!!!

Except your hypothesis has two critical flaws. I live in a small town rural area that has moose being severely afflicted with ticks, and the temperature still dropped below 30 C multiple times, even with the supposed GW (which hasn't been happening for the last decade) the ticks do quite fine.

Therefore, the flaws are
1) warming does not coincide with rapid proliferation of moose (yes, up here at least moose are overpopulated) and beginning of moose death by ticks. And even if it did, why don't moose in the summer, or in warmer regions, succumb to ticks?

2) either way the ticks would be warmed sufficiently by the endothermic moose. Ticks die if the moose (host) dies. Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of all these "global warming did it" freakouts. It's like a new religion.

Big business is raping our World and Mother Nature is in need of some immediate help, but it may be too late ... and Man is supposed to be the most evolved and intelligent creature on this Planet?????? Feed the polluters to the Lions I say!!!!

I agree with the first part, but it is important to remember that each and every human being living on this Earth is polluting it in some way... furthermore, we are not the most "highly evolved", nor, if only by average values, the most intelligent.

This is very strange as where i live. there use to be more bird species then now. seagulls. some small birds and twitters. and now only pigeons. WHERE DID THE SEAGULLS GO ?

They came here.

This is all very interesting (if also incredibly disheartening). I have long hypothesized that natural selection will someday catch up with us. It's a shame that our fellow animals are the ones taking the hit though, even if it is only for now.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocKukko

"Most Offspring Died When Mother Rats Ate Genetically Engineered Soy"

The Russian scientist planned a simple experiment to see if eating genetically modified (GM) soy might influence offspring. What she got, however, was an astounding result that may threaten a multi-billion dollar industry. Irina Ermakova, a leading scientist at the Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), added GM soy flour (5-7 grams) to the diet of female rats. Other females were fed non-GM soy or no soy at all. The experimental diet began two weeks before the rats conceived and continued through pregnancy and nursing.

But the real shock came when the rats started dying. Within three weeks, 25 of the 45 (55.6%) rats from the GM soy group died compared to only 3 of 33 (9%) from the non-GM soy group and 3 of 44 (6.8%) from the non-soy controls.

The soy she was testing was Monsanto’s Roundup Ready variety. Its DNA has bacterial genes added that allow the soy plant to survive applications of Monsanto’s “Roundup” brand herbicide. About 85% of the soy gown in the US is Roundup Ready.

Full article

We started to play god and now it's paytime. US in main grower of transgenic crops. In 2006, 89% of the planted area of soybeans, 83 percent of cotton, and 61 percent maize was genetically modified varieties. Some wild animals feed themselfs on these crops, the gm organisms gets in foodchain and so the effect area widens...

just my 2 cents

Monsanto is "untouchable" ! Above the law. and all i can do at this point is to guess as to what causes what.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hiyah Loam,

I am a fan of some of your other posts
Thanks for posting your thread it gives us all a lot to think and type about.

I propose that instead of being undue alarmists on this topic, let's look at the actual evidence.

That said....I did a simple google search and found this:

What species are going extinct?

The best known groups of organisms are birds and mammals. Since the year 1600, a total of 83 mammals species (2.1%) and 113 birds (1.3%) are known to have become extinct.

www.grinningplanet.com...

Since 1500, 784 extinctions have been documented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources.

en.wikipedia.org...

Over 99% of species that ever lived are now extinct, but extinction occurs at an uneven rate. Based on the fossil record, the background rate of extinctions on Earth is about two to five taxonomic families of marine invertebrates and vertebrates every million years.

en.wikipedia.org...

They are known ominously as the Big Five — the five greatest mass extinctions over the past 500 million years, each of which is thought to have annihilated anywhere from 50 to 95 percent of all species on the planet.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

All I am saying, before everyone jumps on me here....

Is that mass and almost total extinctions have been going on for MILLIONS of years....way before "man and his polluting ways" have come onto the scene.

In fact I propose that we are living in historic times now, that humans can actually reverse the harsh force of evolution and actually save save certain species FROM extinction.

Did you all ever look at it like that?

We hold the power over saving vast amounts of animals from the jaws of extinction through our Endangered Species conservation laws, our breeding programs at the various zoos and all the allocated protected parks, marsh-lands and pristine wild life preserves around the globe.

I think it's time that we stop being so "alarmist" in our thinking and look at the gigantic picture out there...

Yes we might be having an effect on the planet...but when you look back 500 MILLION years, we are but a spec on the "causing mass extinction" list.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You have bats on the list of non-mammals. Bats are, in fact, mammals.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually, I used the word "mostly", but I can understand how you might have easily missed that.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Half of mammals 'in decline', says extinction 'Red List'

Half the world's mammals are declining in population and more than a third probably face extinction, said an update Monday of the "Red List," the most respected inventory of biodiversity.

A comprehensive survey of mammals included in the annual report by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), which covers more than 44,000 animal and plant species, shows that a quarter of the planet's 5,487 known mammals are clearly at risk of disappearing forever.

But the actual situation may be even grimmer because researchers have been unable to classify the threat level for another 836 mammals due to lack of data.

More...

I suppose this isn't much of a surprise.

reply to post by LateApexer313

I apologize for not replying to your post earlier. I honestly never saw it.

I didn't want to be an alarmist, but unfortunately today's article provides some support for my suspicions.

I, of course, would prefer for you to be right.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by loam]

<< 1  2   >>

join