It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education and random facts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
First off, this belongs in the Health and Wellness forum because learning is a necessity for ones health and wellness.

Please read and enhance your life with random facts that may actually pertain to your life. I will list some, but the idea is for people to list their own so that we may all learn something from someone else.

1. The literary term for a narrator that does not portray a trustworthy or has a skewed point of view is called an Unreliable Narrator. Examples of this are Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart", or even the much beloved Calvin and Hobbes comics.

2. Human fingernails grow at about three millimeters a months and fully regrow in 4-6 months. So do not fret if you busted your nail in the car door. It will only be black and nasty for a little bit.

Those are just a couple. I hope many will add as I will soon. Who needs to go a day without learning anything?

Disclaimer: This is not a spam thread. It is a thread truly used for expanding the knowledge of myself and others on this forum.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
3. The force of gravity, on most of the earths surface, accelerates at approximately 9.81 m/s2 or 32.2 ft/s2. All bodies fall to the surface of the earth at this rate in a vacuum. Air resistance will provide lesser of a rate of acceleration, whether it could not effect the rate as much (a falling rock) or it could effect the rate a lot (a feather). But in a vacuum, both the rock and the feather fall at the same rate.

4. What is Cthulhu? Cthulhu is commonly referred to online and in many apsects of our culture (and counterculture), but many do not know who/what Cthulhu is. Cthulhu is the name of the monstrous legendary creature in HP Lovecrafts "Call of Cthulhu" and many other works. It is, overall, an influential (i.e. makes people go insane) extraterrestrial being that is sleeping/dreaming under the ocean (47° 9' S, 126° 43' W) on its city of R'lyeh. It utilizes a wide array of cultists on the surface to do its bidding(which is to awaken the monster when the stars align). "The Call of Cthulhu" is a great story. I recommend it for anyone who is the least bit interested in the hoopla seen on the net. Also check out the Cthulhu Mythos, because it expands on the original stories.

There is more to come. I hope to cover a wide array of topic so that everyone will at least be able to learn something.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Apparently, it takes more calories to eat a stick of celery than the celery actually has in it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good idea for a thread btw aswell.

top topics

join