It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Deux.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well seems the topic name of "What is this" was already taken, so I lost everything I just wrote after getting the error.

Okay. Here we go again, knowing my luck some one has beaten me to the punch but here goes.. Again...

I was just taking a look at Google sky. Looking for our planets, Saturn, Jupiter, and the former planet Pluto. The Serpens Cauda constellation was in the view at this time, and I noticed a blue dot after zooming in a bit.

It caught my eye so I zoomed in some more...

Edit: Second image was cut in half, so heres a link instead.
What is this? 2

My folks and I are baffled at the appearance of this object. Is it a nebula? I have no idea. Please excuse me if this has been covered before but I'm boggled over this image. Can any one give me any insight on what this is, or any speculation?

Edit 2: The thing had no label so I don't know.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That is wierd is what it is.
Looks like a crystalline entity from STTNG. Wierd blue lines. I really have no idea.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah it does look like some thing from Star Trek, now that you mention it.
My family and I talked about it and we're thinking it's just a paint job, cover up possibly?

However, it looks like some of the stars are showing through when you zoom up close enough. This is bugging me.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
its wierd looks like a photon light or something around that i dont know whats that program? u are using it looks awsome

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I told SaadAdam what the program was in chat the other night so I'm not ignoring him.

Well, seems that object is still there. And it's still bugging me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or questions on where you could view it for your self? Glitch, cover up, some thing new? I still honestly think it's a paint job, but who knows. Has anyone taken a look at it using their own Google Earth/Sky?

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just looked on google And no blue spot Might be some one messing around with paint

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

Thats what I was thinking, but it's weird that you don't see it yet I do.

I wonder if anyone else can see it. Thanks for your response.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey Slash
Interesting what you've picked up there...I couldn't find anything in that part of the sky on Google just now...

What I'll try and do in the next few days is book some time on one of the Slooh scopes (Slooh) where I have an account...I have the RA and Dec from that screen shot you posted, so I should get pretty close to where you viewed this thing...

So I'll take a look through a decent scope with hopefully
good viewing conditions...

Pls be patient with me tho, may take up to a week given sky conditions, who else has the scope booked at a given time, my own commitments, etc, etc...

You know how life is

Peace

EDIT - Guess what Slash ??
Rather than looking at Google Sky just thru the website, I just downloaded the program out of curiosity...And lo and behold, that blue thing is in exactly that part of the sky you saw it !!

Now THAT is interesting...Can't wait to get on Slooh

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

YES! Finally some one else who can see it, now I feel less crazy.

I was using the downloaded version of google earth/sky, sorry I didn't mention that before. Guess I thought that the screen shots would be self evident.

Thank you Rilence for your input, and I hope your search goes well.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Slash]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nice find Slash! Flagged and subscribed for more updates! Ive never seen anything like it...its interesting....doesnt look like anything natuarlly occuring, so I can't wait for someone to find it!

new topics

top topics

join