It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Rumors BEGONE!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ok so all my friends where i live have alot of these ridiculous rumors about where i work, which if you haven't guessed by now is KFC.
so just for fun's sake i beseech you send your rumor's my way and i'll either prove or dis-prove them, and yes i'll be honest. and i only work in the actual restaurant not any chicken farms or corporate area's so don't ask me about those cause i don't know!

let'um fly!
-the king

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
well ive heard that they can only call it KFC not kentucky fried chicken because theres not enough chicken in the meat for it to be qualified to be chicken lol

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I only have one thing so say to you:

And since a picture sometimes can be equivalent to a thousand words, take a look at the new KFC fantasy!!!

KFC Releases New Family-Size Nugget

Edit: That is a big ol' chicken.

[edit on 27/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey Adam, my brother in law is a manager at KFC and has been for years.
I've heard all the wild speculation.
There's no difference in the brutality of a restaurant cooking the chicken for you, or you buying it and cooking it yourself.
It all came from a slaughterhouse, and it was probably raised in a cage on a farm with thousands of others. We may not like to think of that unless PETA throws it in our faces, but it's true.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i fail to see how your job as a regular shift worker will provide the type of insight capable of dispelling rumors, but I'm sure you may have some good stories to tell, so why not start out with those first, instead of forcing everyone to drill it out of you. We're not dentists

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
kfc uses mutant "chickens"
www.snopes.com...

customer eats fried rat:
www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is MSG the most important part of the herbs and spices mix?
Or, as some copycat recipes call for, is it first marinated in a salt/MSG brine mixture?

Because after I eat it..I "crave it for a fortnight"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The 5 second rule.....

I've worked in kitchens and have a few horror stories of my own, but I'm curious about cleanliness.

Is the kitchen at the outlet you work at kept clean ?
Do they serve products that are past their sell by date ?
Is there cross contamination between foods by employees not washing hands ?
What health code violations have you witnessed during your service with the Colonel ?

Unrelated to cleanliness, why does the potato salad taste so bad ?

I have a KFC a few blocks away, but I've only eaten there once about 4 years ago.
The place was filthy and it really put me off.

Just remember, you can't spell Colonel Sanders without using the word colon, beaks and claws are tough on the intestines.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Is the kitchen at the outlet you work at kept clean ?
Do they serve products that are past their sell by date ?
Is there cross contamination between foods by employees not washing hands ?
What health code violations have you witnessed during your service with the Colonel ?

1. yes our kitchen is kept very clean and the five second rule never comes into effect cause once it's on the ground it is garbage.
2. nope alway sold on time and leftovers are chucked
3.none ive ever witnessed, we report any employee not washing their hands. but we all wash our hands!
3. only one ive ever witnessed was where someone put some fries in on the wrong timer and he was promptly reported for it

Unrelated to cleanliness, why does the potato salad taste so bad ?

because it comes from a box. is all i can think of, i hate potato salad so ive never had it.

-the king

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Is MSG the most important part of the herbs and spices mix?
Or, as some copycat recipes call for, is it first marinated in a salt/MSG brine mixture?

Because after I eat it..I "crave it for a fortnight"

i wouldn't know if there is msg in it. the recipe is kept secret from all but the people who need to know, and nope no brine mixture of any sort

-the king

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
well ive heard that they can only call it KFC not kentucky fried chicken because theres not enough chicken in the meat for it to be qualified to be chicken lol

uhhh it's chicken alright, and at my restaurant we always call it kentucky fried chicken, it's our name don't wear it out!

-the king

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just for curiosities sake since I used to work at my local KFC years ago. Does your store have a "no sitting down" policy? The managers at the one I worked at were quite adamant about us not sitting down on our breaks. I once asked why and was told that since we were still getting paid, we had to stay standing. Just curious if that's at more than one KFC or if the managers I worked under were just psychotic.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I haven't eaten it for years, and never will again.

Battery hens with little or no nutritional value, deep fried to make it moist, and coated (I've also heard the MSG rumours) to make it palatable.
Nuggets made from mechanically reclaimed meat - yummy.

And lot's of processed sugars to make you crave it, along with the MSG.

This is the type of food where you can feel your arteries furring up as you eat

Not for me thanks - or any other fast food for that matter, with the exception of fish 'n' chips occasionally.
Or after a night out, a kebab - a shish kebab from a source I know, NOT a doner kebab.
But again, these are maybe 3-4 times a year - not every week.

Yes it's true - I'm a bit of a food snob

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

no, actually we have a new policy where if we even want a drink we have to go sit out in the lobby and drink it. all foods have to be eaten out there too. . . the old policy was if the customer can see it, it's not right or something along those
lines

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Then it was just my managers. Maybe they were drunk?
Oh well, I'm just glad I don't work there anymore!!

Ever had to mix the coleslaw with a gloved hand?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
YES!!!! i love doing that lol, making cole slaw is like one of the funnest and easiest jobs there are, and i love our cole slaw like so much!!! all sweet and crunchy and yum!!! and it's really good for you
damn now i want cole slaw. . ..

-the king

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ooops...I thought the name of this was KFC Remorse...

I've had KFC remorse. You crave that crap and crave it and then you get it. A short time later, you feel like you drank a gallon of hot fat!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
illlllllllllllllll
i hate KFC EVERY SINGLE time i would eat it ..it would mess my stomach up and then ugh.. tmi but "the runs" EVERY single time..but i admit i really do dig their potato wedges haha weird..

but the chicken bleh. its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too salty and heavy its too much man.
its all about el pollo loco!!!! haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join