It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farscape and Stargate SG-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i just heard that the new season of both starts Jan. 10. how many of you are fans of these to excellent television series? and if not what don't you like about them?

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm stargate fan !

Farscape, I don't know this serie.What is it about ?

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 11:36 AM
link   
farscape essentially is an american astronaut who get's shot through a wormhole, sent to the other side of the galaxy. he's then picked up by a bunch of criminals on a ship that is a living thing. they then go around avoiding these people that want him, so they can find out where earth is. that's a basic break down.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:41 PM
link   
farscape is being stoped after the 3rd season just to let you know

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
farscape is being stoped after the 3rd season just to let you know

Not enough audience ? Like Dark Angel.

Aegisfang, thanks for your answer.

[Edited on 23-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've tried watching both of these shows. Normally, I like just about anything sci-fi or fantasy, but for some reason, these don't do much for me. I can't put my finger on it, as I don't dislike them.

Possibly, it's because I don't see the "big picture" of where these shows are going...unlike say, Babylon 5, or the various Star Trek franchises...or even old school, like Galactica, Buck Rogers, etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Stargate started with great plots and interesting ideas. It should of quit when it was ahead....

Now the plots are mediocre / unbelievable

The acting is farsical ... sometimes I think they are laughing at themselves when they act, its too unbelievable even to them.
There is no charactor development, no 'real' charactors except two dimensional cardboard cutouts of people, the first series had some geat stories about the people ... like the one where they all sped up through some alien injection, and beat up everone in a bar, and kept eating tons of food etc. Nothing like that anymore.

Captian Ryan gets corny stupid one line jokes that just poke fun at the whole plot, help you to see the series for the joke its become.

The storielines are formulac, and regergitated, its become a series with no reason to exist except for another series.

The basic story, ... the stargate etc has been done to death and there are few if any fresh ideas in the show. I anticipated the most recent series but after the first 2 or 3 episodes I don't bother to watch it any longer.

The sets are cheap, boy you get sick of the "southern California" outdoor shots, its all the same no matter what planet they are on, worse than Star Trek, who at least had polystyrene rocks and monsters. The same actors etc in every plot, the series has become a 9 to 5 job for people ....

Its a dead dog, and should be buried

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   
yes stargate hase got better do you wach it on sky one mix

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 05:45 PM
link   
[Edited on 24-12-2002 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
these series were far too short

how many seasons did farscape even have?

my faveee

top topics

join