It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN rejects water as basic human right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

UN rejects water as basic human right

www.canada.com

OTTAWA - The Harper government can declare victory after a United Nations meeting rejected calls for water to be recognized as a basic human right.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was waiting for something like this to come about. we cannot survive as a species without water so how is it that it can't be claimed as a human right? The next thing we know, water is going to be traded on the stock market as a commodity.

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think more so they are fighting saying that the Government does not have to physically dig wells for people who want water and such. I do not think they are saying they do not have to let them have access to water period... its complicated... but if it were saying what you were thinking wow... what is this world coming to?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Part of the problem is that delegates to the United nations are political appointees and not elected by the people.

The reduction of everything we consume to a tradible commodity and then the speculative pricing of those "commodities" is socially destructive.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow we are in the times of something serious.....

We have the Artic about to break up an then a war for resources will follow

we have everything an your momma being traded on the stock market

we have our gooberment trying to bail out certain lenders and such just becuz if they went so would alot of other folks

and we have this unreasonable nack to goto war over the drop of a Terrorist.

Wow, I feel like im living in Utopia ......NOT

Who the hadas are these people an what the Fudge is their means of thinking, are they a collective thought group or just roboticly programs to do such to maintain lifestyle A.

Just wait, if things get bad enuff, it will not be hard to pull the plug of the average american an wake them up into a uproar becuz soon even they will not be able to watch their reality tv show an we can have em fight for that.

I for one, understand that the same factions who wanted to overcome america in the begining are hoping to do so now in such a hidden way its not funny, Not not england but the people who were in charge at the same time.

We are being controlled. Herded, Taged, Restricted, and Forced to be more of a Library Decimal code system then a organized group of free thinkers....

They are using entertainment to seperate our ways of thinking, using subsections of life to play good cop bad cop, we are already cows in a field of Filth, You even smell a whiff of our Second amendment being Modded or Canceled then this America Will become what it was truely meant to be, a Land of the people, Becuz we will not tolerate this Redundant means of Control.

You can push some people to get a goal done, but if you push too hard, Your gonna snap that ability.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I think they are mentioning people are not entitled to water for pools, fountains, etc. But that is where it starts. In the article, the guy against the right to water is the one mentioning pools and such. Of course he is going to say that. We do not know what else this pertains to for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The article mentions "bulk transfer" of water from Canada. Yes, the privatization/commodification of water has begun.
water for sale

globally

locally

I don't know about everyone else, but I need water to survive. God help us if water gets to be a commodity like oil.

Conspiracy here--has Republican platform of privatization deliberately left the nation's public infrastructure (such as water lines) to crumble, so that private industry can come in and "save" us? Gonna get your water from the likes of a Halliburton?
Will the US turn to Canada as a water vampire?--I want to suck your water...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Harper government is every bit as evil as the Bush/Cheney government and as corrupt as the Mexican kleptocracy.

The real story is that the UN should be abolished if it cannot recognise that water is a basic human right.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Please google congressional bill HR 2421 if you want to look at disturbing proposed water rights legislation here at home in the United States!! Pretty soon we'll probably be paying to pump water out of our own wells! The bill is substituting the word all in place of the word navigable. Very disturbing to all land owners in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by swish22

HMMMM. I am on well water in my house. This is by choice. I am not hooked into the town/city water supply. I guess I am screwed if my well is taken out of commission.

top topics

join