It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crysis 1, 2, and 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've been wondering about Crysis and the high requirement it needs.

How did they create this game? And how will they create Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 when knowing that 9800x2 sli can't even get more than 50 FPS on Crysis 1?

Crysis is a benchmark, not a game.

There is the Nvidia Quadro Plex which is a graphic design monster but are there some secret machine or futuristic card out there that's not revealed to us?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
i'm thinking when something like this is released to the public we will start seeing games that make crysis look like pong. but that card will probably never see production and if it does will cost the earth and/or your soul.

sli is just a trend, soon dual and quad gpu cards will be common place and sli will go the way of multi socket motherboards.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I havent jumped on the SLI or Xfire trend yet. quite frankly, I dont see any serious benefit to it. Especially compared to the heat put out by 2 cards, and the power consumption.

As for Crysis (wicked game) you can use console commands to bump up the game settings to the max level, and it will run on most systems. It may not run flawlessly, but it will run.

I would really like to see the day when we get tri-core GPU's. Sounds more reasonable the SLI or Xfire to me..

new topics

join