It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New General Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As this is a discussion board concerning many different types of conspiracies, I am aware that people are going to have ideas that other people arent going to agree with. That's fine. But what I am seeing more and more on this site are people trying to discredit anothers position, belief, topic of discussion etc. WITHOUT ANY VALID PROOF OF THEIR OWN FOR REBUTTLE! (i.e. Planet X) All I can say is if you cant prove something doesn't exist and I cant prove that something does exist, all we have is a discussion over a hypothetical. All of the ranting and raving and name calling and general negative energy is what will DISCREDIT US ALL! I say...

1. If you dont have something nice to say about a member, dont say it at all.

2. If you dont agree with another member, prove why you dont agree. Dont just say, "I dont agree. Youre stupid. You must be a disinfo agent!"

3. If you dont like these rules, GO TO THE "POKEMON ARE REAL" board.
(Ok, they may be real, but I've never seen one. Never even heard of them being real until AFTER they came out as a cartoon. Maybe the people who believe in them are mental. Maybe they're stupid kids. Maybe I SHOULD READ #1 & #2 AGAIN!)

Get my drift? From now on, anyone I see doing this will automatically be discredited in my eyes. But hey, who is Kasper Martyr Phantom anyways?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the site owners to make this post, or at least a mod, before I take it seriously.

If someone has the guts to step out with an opinion then I have no problem giving mine in return. They may not be able to prove their story, but that doesn't mean I have to have proof they are wrong.

An opinion is just that, an opinion. Last I heard they were welcome here.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

You know, nobody forces you to participate in or read any thread here.

As mrwupy pointed out, the burden of proof belongs to people who come up with outrageous ideas, not the other way around!

As for not having anything nice to say about another member? Just what exactly are you doing with your thread?

I tend to think you are being a hypocrit, since you are not being specific, and are speaking to all ATS members.

Also, I think the Mods do a fine job on their own enforcing the T&C rules without you having to point it out!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

You know, nobody forces you to participate in or read any thread here.

As mrwupy pointed out, the burden of proof belongs to people who come up with outrageous ideas, not the other way around!

As for not having anything nice to say about another member? Just what exactly are you doing with your thread?

I tend to think you are being a hypocrit, since you are not being specific, and are speaking to all ATS members.

Also, I think the Mods do a fine job on their own enforcing the T&C rules without you having to point it out!

I dont think that I am saying anything wrong about anybody here. As for the "Pokemon" thing, that's satire my friend. I'm speaking about instances where someone posts a legitimate find with a link, and someone comes along and tears it apart without posting their own proof. Opinions are fine and welcomed, but the way people tear eachother down is unneccesary. I'm not a mod or site owner. I simply stated my opinion, and you called me a hypocrite. See what I mean? I read and participate on my own will. Nobody forces me to do that. I enjoy it. Minus the highschool banter.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Enthralled fan: So, I am now your "Respected Foe" over this post? That speaks volumes.
I'll be the Un-Hypocrite that I am and add you as a friend. This is the reason I lurked for years before signing up.

See This great thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by kaspermartyrphantom]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

That was a very nice thread you linked to. Thanks.

I only wonder why it is you felt the need to create another thread on the same topic, and why you didn't just add on to the one already in existence?

Do we really need 2 threads on the same issue?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I didn't see that thread until after I created the other one. It is a good thread though.

new topics

top topics

join