It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to listen to Ron Paul?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Lets see a show of hands that believe for a second that Congress would vote to eliminate the income tax on personal income.

Seeing as the Congress pays no income tax on their personal income, I couldn't see why they wouldn't want to share that boon with the citizenry.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you listen to ron paul in the first place...??????????!?!?!?

He's the only libertarian who is standing up for EVERYONE's rights in this country that the government wants to rip from us.

Anyone who upholds the constitution like Dr. Paul deserves far more credit than he's getting.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have no intention of voting this year or at any other time, until we do away with the criminal corrupt system we now have. There is no difference between the two parties we now have, they are both corrupt to the core. We have not had a fair presidential election for a very long time. Screw the Dems. and the Pubs. and the MSM!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Funny how we Paul Supporters got lambasted over the last year. Funny how Ron Paul got laughed at....

And now...you will begin to hear talk of a gold standard, you will hear talks of abolishing the FED, you will hear serious talk about shifting to a non-interventionist foreign policy, and they will actually call it non-interventionism, instead of isolationism. You'll start to hear more and more about "states rights".

Only now when you hear it, it will be coming out of someone else's mouth, and they won't call him or her a kook. I will will be there to remind you of how stupid you were back in 07-08

I would just like to take this opportunity to say to you non supporters out there. You should have listened to what he had to say, because in a few years, things are going to get outright horrible. And don't spew me your crap on how "now is the time to get into the US dollar! Now is the time to buy stocks!", "but the DOW Gained today, The economy must be strong!" The dollar can not take a beating like this, if you spend any time on the Forex markets you probably know what I'm talking about. The USD is volitale, like it's trying to cling onto every edge, branch or rock on it's way down. Currencies get to a certain point, and then they don't come back. And that is where we are headed in the very near future.

We'll have a democrat in office next year. They will Tax more, spend more than they can tax, probably send our military into Darfur, they will not withdraw the troops from Iraq, I don't care what Obama is lying about today. They will try to bail out people that took sub-prime loans. In short, they will Tax, and they will spend, a hell of a lot more than Bush ever did. And they will do it at a time when the dollar, and the economy can't handle it. So enjoy the easy American life, sitting on your overweight butt eating ho-ho's and burying your face in People Magazine. Because you will be reminded of what is really important, hopefully before you starve to death. Most Americans are Dependant slobs, that couldn't figure out how to plant a seed if their life depended on it. And they'll beg for help, and the government won't be able to afford them a loaf of bread.

I'll be fine, because I knew better. Most people in America won't.

Ron Paul knew Better also, and he knew how to fix a problem that the Media is only now starting to slowly acknowledge. And he spoke about it 30 years ago. That is the difference between Ron Paul and me. He cares about you and your family and wanted to help.

I don't, a lack of preparedness on your part, does not make an emergency on mine.

I made this video, and a few others, a few months back.

And to this day he is the only one speaking about these things. People should have listened to him.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by aravoth]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
See, even us republicans sometimes have a nice word for Ron Paul

Anyone who is truly a real republican, with republican views and values, can support no one else, as Paul is the only true republican candidate.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by traderonwallst
See, even us republicans sometimes have a nice word for Ron Paul

Anyone who is truly a real republican, with republican views and values, can support no one else, as Paul is the only true republican candidate.

Bravo! Star for you!

Honestly, I know so many who call themselves 'a republican' but have no idea what it really means. The entire two-party system was overthrown by corporate pirates. They are all the same now. I once was a student of marketing and learned that one of the cleverest ploys of businesses is to create a second product or service in their line to compete with themselves. It's a win - win for them. I think that's what happened to our political system. It made it easier for the political machine to be manipulated and kept the ignorant masses fighting over 'less filling' 'more taste' all about the same beer.

It's interesting to watch the media condition people to 'not throw away your vote on a third party candidate.' I think the whole 'party' concept needs to be overhauled. But then, think of all the money problems that would cause for the corporate sponsors. Boo hoo.

I have an idea. Let's separate the political candidates on a CFR membership or non-CFR membership basis! Oh wait, then there would only be one party.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I think there is a problem with your video post. Maybe it's just my browser (FF) but you might want to check it out.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
well thought you guys might want to know the FED is gonna throw another $75 Billion into the inflation machine. Ben Bernanke WHAT A GUY!

here is the link to the story

although now with second read I cant tell if its past or present tense maybe you guys can help either way interesting article for this topic.

great thread OP

RON PAUL BABY

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not a libertarian. Libertarians believe in open borders. Ron Paul is a constitutionalist he believes in a republic style America where the states control their destiny and there is a less centralized governmental body. Modern infiltrated libertarianism are borderline globalists.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

Great now the pittance of dollars that represents my personal 'wealth' (what a joke) is worth even less! When will the madness end? Will any decision-maker EVER say "You bankers have made ENOUGH profit already! Stop now!"?

Oh wait! They ARE the decision-makers.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Trader, Why are you posting this now? You have no truck with Paul. Do you feel like he is no longer a threat to the regime? You had to give him some props because you pretend to be a fiscal conservative.
It's not 'love it or leave it' brah. It's more 'Love it or impeach the bastards.' You ever read any American history? You should check out our rich political traditions. The concept of "balance of powers" is obviously foreign to you! You really are a trader.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You don't need to rig the election system when you control the voting masses. I do believe the election system works, and that the Presidential office must still have some refuge of real control in this country(over those who really pull the strings, the bankers and elite), otherwise why would those who control the media want to keep him out? Ignoring him as if he isn't there is their only sure way to keep the people ignorant of him, and keep him out of the office that may be able to remove the chains that bind us and are dragging our nation down. We need someway to subvert the MSM. And as of right now the internet is the only way, and Dr. Paul has shown to be very effective in using this tool. But I don't believe it's been used to its full potential. Anyone got an idea of how to really stick it to the MSM?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's quickly becoming too late for the dollar,y'all Ron Paul has been warning everyone about this for years,but the american public never pays attention to people who have a real message.The MSM downplays,ignores and discredits anyone who talks about actual issues.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Once I got informed on who Ron Paul is, the more I watched him.I don't bother with cable so I'd watch interviews from various shows and "news" programs on my computer.
What I have always liked about the man is his no nonsense approach to any question asked of him.
He looks people in the eye and doesn't do the "um.......uh....well" that many other politicians do.
It's a shame he isn't in the running.If I was American I'd vote for him.Too bad he can't run in Canada,he'd show that puppet Stephen Harper a few things.
The MSM brushed Dr. Paul aside and would rather focus on the lame contenders (that's my opinion).

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fox News endorsing Ron Paul in an unbiased editorial? Something seems fishy here...

Seriously though, as sad as it is to say it, Ron Paul is past hope now. Everyone is so engrossed with the "McCain-Obama-Clinton" circle that even if one news media outlet adopted Ron Paul stories, it probably wouldn't make a difference. With Ron Paul only having about 5% in the polls, it's safe to say that the vast majority of people are beyond help.

What really angers me is, as other people have mentioend, other candidates, primarily Obama, are taking Ron Paul's main points and themes and offering watered-down versions as their own.

Ron Paul is the first politician ANYWHERE that I would actively go out of my way to vote for, if I could.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, that's just silly.

And Paul's solution? Paul's solution? Anyone? "Cut spending" is not a solution, it's a sound bite.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Well, that's just silly.

And Paul's solution? Paul's solution? Anyone? "Cut spending" is not a solution, it's a sound bite.

Just because it's short and direct doesn't make it a sound bite. "Reads my lips, no new taxes!" is a sound bite. "The war on [fill in the blank]" is a sound bite. "Support our troops." is a sound bite.

"Cut spending" is a mandate.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

While this was part of his mandate,he said much more than that.
Since G.W. has almost bankrupt the U.S.,cutting spending doesn't seem like a bad start.
Not policing the world would be a good follow up.
Being friends with allies instead of pick pocketing might be a help too.
Bringing troops home from an illegal war would be nice as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxee
I have no intention of voting this year or at any other time, until we do away with the criminal corrupt system we now have. There is no difference between the two parties we now have, they are both corrupt to the core. We have not had a fair presidential election for a very long time. Screw the Dems. and the Pubs. and the MSM!

Someone needs to explain thinking like this.

How does NOT voting change anything????????????

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Well, that's just silly.

Just because it's short and direct doesn't make it a sound bite. "Reads my lips, no new taxes!" is a sound bite. "The war on [fill in the blank]" is a sound bite. "Support our troops." is a sound bite.

"Cut spending" is a mandate.

With our current congress...."Cut Spending" is a joke

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join